Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Robins basically admitting Vik is carrying us. At least he's being honest.

NorthernWisdom

After 5 or 10 minutes against Cardiff Dabo couldn't run to track his man. This goes beyond form, something isn't right and he shouldn't be playing.
Thing is, Kane has been pretty immobile without any excuse of injury too, so in that case I'd pick the innefective one who might improve as he gets fitter ahead of the innefective one who's fit anyway.

As it happens, I actually thought Kane's spell today was one of the more dynamic ones he's had for a season... but as we've signed a new RWB, it looks like we'll both get our wishes with neither of them playing!

shepardo01

Wonder who he’s talking about. Moore and Waghorn are the obvious shouts I think but I’m struggling to imagine Moore would have the confidence to ask for a game to be honest. Maybe Kelly but that seems harsh when he’s coming back from injury.
Take your pick from Kelly, Waghorn, Dabo, Moore. Not harsh on Kelly. To struggle in a home game against a side 3 levels below shows his levels now I'm afraid.

Matt smith

I wouldn't be surprised if the arsenal lad was first choice and Burroughs was second choice RWB from this point on ..

And yes I'm starting to agree that maybe dabo has had his best years here , and Robins will likely look to shift kane and dabo in the next few months
Is Dabo is out of contract

Please

shepardo01

I suppose trying to find a positive at least these players were tried in this game and not a league game

The problem we have is there's so little depth in the squad that unless we go mad and sign about 10 players in the window which obviously isn't going to happen we're only an injury or two from these players being our only option
Said he's looking to do 4....

Liquid Gold

Well summed up.

It was a very entertaining game, we scored 3, hit the post 3 times and should have won the game in the end.

I am not too down about it at all, but then I have always been a glass half full kind of person. At the moment my dad is in hospital and I am sleeping on the couch of my soon to be ex wife, in the house I have just entirely given up to her.

It was just a game of football and I don't feel it was an humiliation at all

A humiliation would have been us throwing the towel in and the game petering out at 4-1 down and us down to 10 men.

I actually enjoyed the game. Frustrated we lost, but on another day, that game would have been a thrashing to us.

C'est la vie, life goes on. Stay healthy and keep smiling. 👍
Hope you’re doing ok O. One of the good ones

djr8369

Take your pick from Kelly, Waghorn, Dabo, Moore. Not harsh on Kelly. To struggle in a home game against a side 3 levels below shows his levels now I'm afraid.
Dabo has been out injured as well though and has been brought back when “fit”, although he’s been miles off it.

wingy

I suppose trying to find a positive at least these players were tried in this game and not a league game

The problem we have is there's so little depth in the squad that unless we go mad and sign about 10 players in the window which obviously isn't going to happen we're only an injury or two from these players being our only option
I have found this acceptance that we won't do much business odd assuming we are taken over
Of course different if simply down to the stage of the calendar.

Hertsccfc

I just think he felt he HAD to rest players. He obviously knew we needed to compete, but it must have been hard to weigh up. Our squad is paper thin. I don't think he had too much choice to be honest and most people were calling for Moore to be given a go in the cup, so I don't think you can criticise Robins too much for that. We need a new keeper, full stop.

It was a tough choice for Robins tonight, but the team he DID put out, should have been good enough to win the game anyway.
I am afraid I don't agree. I understand what you are saying and you are a level headed poster. However, we started with a very defensive team with five at the back (neither wing back went forward much) two holding players (one of whom has hardly played for over two years) and two strikers, (one of whom hasn't scored goals consistently for years and the other a largely untried youngster).

That team was never likely to win. We also had a goalkeeper horrendously out of form. Although he us not my favourite in terms of ability Allen should have played. He us professional and his industry was sorely missed in exactly the sort of match we needed it.

Wrexham will have done their homework and will have been delighted when try saw our teamsheet. Gyokeres' name on that teamsheet would have scared them, as would Hamer's. They entered the match with the right attitude and we didn't and as a result we lost.

Brighton Sky Blue

Dabo and Kelly have served the club very well indeed. But if ever there is proof that their times have been and gone, it’s their performances since coming back.

We simply need to get to 50 points then hope for the best in the summer

itsabuzzard

The chance he had when Kelly back heeled it to him 6 yards out.

Tapped it straight at the keeper. That’s one reason why he should never play for us again.
The most shocking thing was he took a touch with his left foot before tamely poking it at the keeper with the same foot. Why the fuck he didn't just leather it first time, I'll never know. Unless, of course, he's one-footed. Enough said.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes this was absolutely a match for Allen. I don't always say that but he would not have followed the fall in standards that some players showed today

Shhmmeee thinks he’s a waste of time against Championship opposition. Surely not against non league crap

Otis

Similar if I hear what a great effort it was or how fun it was to watch 😂
Don't think anyone said it was fun did they? Just an entertaining game, which I thought it was. It was edge of the seat stuff at times.

clint van damme

Thing is, Kane has been pretty immobile without any excuse of injury too, so in that case I'd pick the innefective one who might improve as he gets fitter ahead of the innefective one who's fit anyway.

As it happens, I actually thought Kane's spell today was one of the more dynamic ones he's had for a season... but as we've signed a new RWB, it looks like we'll both get our wishes with neither of them playing!

I'm not on about match fitness with Dabo but general fitness as in he's carrying an injury.
A player who's not match fit shouldn't be struggling after 10 minutes.
I would not be surprised to see him go for an operation. There's something underlying.
As Evo said, I expect the Arsenal lad to be first choice now sohopefully whatever it is gets sorted.

Hobo

I get the importance of being open to opinions but I may have to rage quit the forum if I see much more praise for Waghorn.

I dont think anyone is suggesting he is the way forward or should not be moved on. Just that he was not the worst out there today.

He linked play well at times. Laid the ball to Sheaf for our first goal and blocked a Wrexham shot in the penalty area that was on target 2nd half. Which was actually more defending than Panzo managed in the first half.

Danceswithhorses

Firstly, congrats to Wrexham...they clearly did their homework on us, and realised we have problems in gk and defence, and just put the ball in dangerous positions, where we simply could not cope.
As many have said, what this awful result shows us, is that some of our squad players are clearly not good enough :

- Kelly...always liked him, as he was quality in L1 and L2, but looks a shadow of his former self, and is injury prone and expensive, so must go.
- Moore...quality last year, but utter shite this year...what's happened to him. I think he's done a 'Dele Ali' on us....sad, but must go.
- Dabo...one of my favourite players, but again injury prone, and just not the player he used to be...have to let go.
- Panzo...Has played really well this season...there's a good player there somewhere, but inconsistent, and was gash tonight...do NOT sign him.
- Waghorn...Derby reject, 'nuff said....slow, expensive and injury prone...let go.
- Tavares...looks every bit a Rochdale player, which is the level where he should be playing...sad about the injury tonight, but let go.

Sheaf was crap first half, giving the ball away so many times, but did improve in 2nd half...needs to eradicate the poor passes and be more consistent.

Just an awful performance all round.

Otis

It's a small mercy, but St Cross is so so so much nicer to visit than Walsgrave.
You say that, but it's two buses and several hours in total. 😂 Walsgrave was a lot easier for me, but I do get your point. It's a lot more sedate at St. Cross. I always miss the cafe though (shuts at 3) and there are no shops.

I had my Christmas dinner all planned at UHCW. I checked the restaurant was open Christmas Day and found they were and they were doing a festive Quorn pizza and under the circumstances, that sounded delicious. 😂 So all planned and then they decided to move my dad to St Cross on Christmas Eve evening and it buggered everything up, because nothing was open there on Christmas Day. 😂 In the end I had baked beans on toast for my Christmas dinner.....so thinking about it ...f*ck St Cross. 😂 The utter barstewards. 👍

SkyBlueMatt

I'll admit I left at 4-1, I'm not one for leaving early and had that been a league game I wouldnt. I wasn't sitting and watching that against a NL side, it was appalling.

Congratulations to Wrexham, an away day like that with a big following is why you go to football. They deserved it.

The only positive is the 20 loyalty points.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread