Xbox one or PS4??? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Happy Christmas all.

My lad has been on his PS4 since about 7.30 this morning! Got a great deal at Tesco, it was £289 on Black Friday and I had double boost tokens worth 90 so only aid £200 for it. Go the PSTV at the same time so we can shove him in the kitchen to play on it too!

I did the same with the boost! Is the ps tv any good?

Nick

Administrator
Good timing! Makes you wonder what protection xbox live and psn as they are down a fair bit!

Covstu

ps4 was down earlier for maintenance however... maybe took it offline to be safe after the xbox episode?? Seem to remember Sony got battered last year with something similar.

torchomatic

Actually yes, it is. It is basically a Vita and I stuck a 64GB Vita card in it. It's good to be able to play Vita, PSOne, PSP games on it but it does come into it's own with the Remote Play feature. Found our PS4 easily enough and he could play his PS4 games on the tele in the kitchen through the PSTV. It's important to use it wired though. Our PS4 is wired straight into the router and I use a powerline adapter to wire the PSTV. To be honest I think it would struggle a little over WiFI.

I did the same with the boost! Is the ps tv any good?

Nick

Administrator
I am lost on how it works :(

So you you plug it in to the network and TV and then it works through the network? Does the controller plug into the Ps TV?

torchomatic

The PSTV is really tiny, looks like a little portable HD. You plug it into your network, either wired or using WiFi. You can use a PS3 controller or PS4 controller. As I said it is basically a Vita. There's a connect to PS4 feature, it finds your PS4 and then your PS4 screen appears on the remote television you have the PSTV plugged into. You then use it as if you were using your PS4, clever stuff.

[video=youtube;mlsJ4UsYnX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsJ4UsYnX8[/video]

I am lost on how it works :(

So you you plug it in to the network and TV and then it works through the network? Does the controller plug into the Ps TV?

Nick

Administrator
That's quite good.

What happens if you have the TV on in the living room with the PS4 on? Is it just like a screen share?

Nick

Administrator
Starting to piss me off, with the millions they are getting every year / month from it you would think they have DDOS protection...

torchomatic

Well, our tele is on HDMI 1 and the PS4 is on HDMI2. So, we have the tele on as normal and as long as the PS4 is turned on you can go into the kitchen where the PSTV is and connect to the PS4. Simple really.

That's quite good.

What happens if you have the TV on in the living room with the PS4 on? Is it just like a screen share?

Covstu

Well, our tele is on HDMI 1 and the PS4 is on HDMI2. So, we have the tele on as normal and as long as the PS4 is turned on you can go into the kitchen where the PSTV is and connect to the PS4. Simple really.

so is it a download or a separate unit?? Is it a subscription fee or is that covered by the PSN membership??

torchomatic

You plug it into another tele in your house and you can control your PS4 remotely through it. For instance, our PS4 is plugged into the main tele so if me and the wife want to watch something on there we can't if our lad is on his PS4 or he moans if we chuck him off. Now, he could go on the tele in the kitchen and play and control the PS4 remotely while we can still watch the main tele.

It's also a Vita.
still not overly sure what it does though!!!

torchomatic

Yeah, just like a PSP. The PSTV is essentially just a Vita. So you can play loads of games on the tele it's connected to.

Covstu

You plug it into another tele in your house and you can control your PS4 remotely through it. For instance, our PS4 is plugged into the main tele so if me and the wife want to watch something on there we can't if our lad is on his PS4 or he moans if we chuck him off. Now, he could go on the tele in the kitchen and play and control the PS4 remotely while we can still watch the main tele.

It's also a Vita.

Ah okay, so does it do the other types of junk I.e. Netflix etc??

Does it play all games?

torchomatic

Can't get Netflix as yet. It does has a media player though so you can access stuff on your network. It plays all PS4 games as it's effectively just a mirror of what is happening on the PS4. Doesn't play all Vita games though.

Ah okay, so does it do the other types of junk I.e. Netflix etc??

Does it play all games?

K

Kavomatovldag

Xbox one or

How do you delete a post that you have put up in one area, that now you want to move to a better area. Put up a post in great dane rescue and now want to delete it to move it to forever homes, but cant find the delete button or remove this post anywhere. Can you help me please?

Users who are viewing this thread