Xbox one or PS4??? (1 Viewer)

Tad

Xbox will do well in the U.S, but worldwide, Playstation usually does better. MS are a tricky one. I like some of what they do, but then other times I'm not so happy with them. The lack of indie support could hurt them this gen I think. Some may dismiss them as nothing, but a lot of people look to them for the more creative and fresh games. The fact that they won't support the indie's purely because of their lack of publisher also shows what corporate shills they can be. MS are definitely in the same bed as the publishers -heck, they even had a solid line on the floor of E3 that lead people from the MS booth straight to EA!

It was also rumoured MS paid compaines not to show or mention a PS4 version of their games.

Last edited:

Evo1883

Will be getting the ps4 ,sony made mistakes with the ps3 after incredible success with the ps2 ,they launched a year late ,made it harder to develop on meaning they missed out on a lot of 3rd party games being made on the system ,However they always made great exclusive titles ,far better than what MS had to offer, they also released a full year after the 360 which was suicide.
This time the ps4 is easier to develop on than the ONE according to many experts ,its up to 40% more powerful , they have revamped the XMB adding cross game chat now too which is a plus not a need,the exclusive titles will again be superior in the long run ,they have naughty dog who created the last of us and uncharted ,2 amazing games .xbox one are banking on Call of duty ,a stale series with zero innovation that will sink faster than the titanic on next gen .Titanfall is looking good though tbf.
80 quid cheaper and more powerful overall, imagine you were buying a phone or laptop ,on those stats why would you choose an xbox one seriously

dutchman

PS4: Four official bundles for UK confirmed by Sony

killzone-bundle.jpg

Sony has introduced four official PS4 bundles for the UK.

The first bundle is a basic package containing a PS4 and a DualShock 4 controller, priced at £349.

The PS4 will also be available with one controller and either a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall or Watch Dogs for £399.

The fourth official bundle includes two controllers, a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall and a PlayStation Camera for £449.

Dubbed the Mega Bundle, Sony previously said that it would be available for around the same price as the Xbox One (£429).

The official bundles are available to pre-order now, with existing pre-order customers able to swap while stocks last.

Online retailer Simply Games recently came under fire for forcing pre-order customers to upgrade to a bundle to guarantee a PS4 at launch.

The PlayStation 4 will be available from November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

Sony originally planned to ship each console with a PlayStation Camera, but scrapped the idea in order to offer a £349 ($399) price point.

Launch titles include Knack, Driveclub, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

Tad

PS4 for me.

Cheaper, powerful, better exclusives, better UI, better indie support and they treat their customers better.

Don't want kinect, sick of all the ads cluttering the 360 UI, MS seems to taint and destroys any company they get hold of too.

Evo1883

I have just paid off the ps4 with battlefield4 and cod ghosts, like the look of destiny and the order 1886

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free

Covstu

I actually switched from xbox one to PS4, I had an xbox on pre order and then called them up to tell them that I needed to change the delivery address due to moving house. The chap said I needed to cancel the current order and reorder straight after. When I did this they were all sold out!! So pissed off so I turned to the dark side.

Tad

PS4 vs XBO frame rate test:
[video=youtube_share;MWzkw32amOM]http://youtu.be/MWzkw32amOM[/video]

PS4 version of Battlefield 4 runs at 1600x900p

XBO version of Battlefield 4 runs at 1280x720p

NOTE: Youtube use their own video compression methods, which means you won't fully be-able to tell the difference. It's still a pretty interesting video though. The XBO version seems to have a lot more aliasing. Seems to struggle with that a lot.

Full article:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

Last edited:

Sub

just orderd, The fourth official bundle includes two controllers, a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall and a PlayStation Camera for £449. for my son :whistle:

ajsccfc

I've got the standalone one still reserved, don't think I'll bother with the bundles. The release games I'm aiming for are a definite NBA 2K14, and a possible Madden and FIFA depending on how they review. That's the small mercy of the US getting it two weeks ahead, you can get an idea of how good the launch titles are.

Tad

Another PS4 v XBO test:

[video]http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison[/video]

Marty

I'm getting the killzone bundle, Knack & trade in fifa 14 xbox 360 for fifa 14 PS4.

I'm torn between Driveclub & The Crew for a driving game. The Evil Within looks fantastic.

Tad

I can't watch these videos, so what's the general consensus? PS4 good?

In short, yes.

They're both offering the same sort of framerate, but the key difference is PS4 is pumping out a higher resolution of 1600x900p(better picture quality), while XBO runs at 1280x720p. These tests are only on Battlefield 4, but I'd be surprised to see other third party games don't offer the same sort of results really.

ajsccfc

Sounds like a reverse of the last generation, as 360 tended to be favoured. I barely noticed the difference so it didn't bother me, so as long as nothing's creaking along at webcam quality I'm good.

Tad

I was intrigued by Driveclub, but it being delayed has dampened that a little.

Technically speaking, Forza looks a lot better. Frame rate, better resolution and graphics, but the team behind the Forza series have had years with MS and their technology, so its to be expected.

The team behind Driveclub have had a lot less time and it shows. It's a shame not to have the game sooner, but I think in the long run, it will be a better game for it. They now have the time to up the quality of the game in all departments. Heck, EA got Battlefield 4 running at 900p, there's no reason Driveclub couldn't be higher.

Both consoles are good, but in terms of hardware, PS4 is on top. It's already been heavily rumoured Call of Duty Ghosts won't run at 1080p for the Xbox one, but will for the PS4 - effectively making it the leading console for the game.

Last edited:

Tad

Bit of an update. One of the lead designers for Call of Duty has come out and confirmed the following:

XBO version of COD: Ghosts will run at 60FPS, but at 720p up scaled to 1080p (basically, image is stretched)

PS4 version runs at 60FPS at full 1080p.

Knew they'd be a difference, didn't realise it would be this big though. PS4 seems to be leading the way on the multiplatforms so far.

Marty

where you getting it from and what you getting?

ajsccfc

Ordered from Shopto (apparently they use DPD who have exactly delivery slots and live updates of their schedule) but just the bog-standard console rather than any mega packs. I'm going to nab some/all of Madden, NBA 2K and FIFA on the day.

Nick

Administrator
I gave my pre order to my brother from Shopto for the PS4, going to hold off!

I am going to wait until they come down in price and see what they are like, some good deals here though :)

Marty

I've gone with amazon too. Will it be Royal Mail delivery? Just hoping they come in the afternoon. I can't get the morning of work.

ajsccfc

Do you have one of those Amazon lockers nearby? There's one on Warwick campus now so I get a text when something's delivered and I can just stroll over and collect it whenever, it's so convenient.

Marty

I didn't know about them until you mentioned it. I'm just going to have to risk beating the postman. Worst case scenario is I pick it up on Saturday morning.

Bagsy

Got mine on order from shopto, just the standalone PS4.

Games I'm getting are AC4, Killzone and NBA 2k14. Will be upgrading FIFA 14 through amazon as well in the next week or so. Might look at getting Madden as well depending on review from the US.

Anyone fancy some games on release day/ weekend send me a invite. Maybe we could get some FIFA 14 PS4 clubs on the go!?!

PSN is IBagsyI

Users who are viewing this thread