Xbox one or PS4??? (2 Viewers)

Marty

Yeah, i'm up for that, I don't have an ID on Playstation yet but i'll add you when I do.

getting Killzone & like you upgrading to fifa 14 via Amazon.

ajsccfc

How do you mean by upgrading? Is it the thing they're doing in the US where you hang on to the PS3 disc and download the PS4 version for a few quid?

ajsccfc

Ah right. That's better than the US one I'm thinking of, that needs you to keep the PS3 disc in order to authenticate the PS4 download. Still, $10 ain't bad I guess.

Bagsy

How do you mean by upgrading? Is it the thing they're doing in the US where you hang on to the PS3 disc and download the PS4 version for a few quid?

They have the same thing in UK as well. I'm doing it with NBA 2k14. Bought it from Game last week on PS3 for £21 in a sale and it has a voucher inside to upgrade for £11.99. So save myself around £17 on the PS4 disc version.

There are some others included at £10: http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/

Might be worth keeping as eye on the prices of the PS3 versions, if you are OK with downloaded many GBs of data. Could save a fair bit.

ajsccfc

I didn't realise it applied to NBA 2K, I might try and pick it up sneakily cheap in that case.

covcity4life

gonna keep my 360 for another year then pick up a xone or ps4

ps3 came accross as such a chavvy console to me(chavvy like fifa), ill see what i think of ps4 lol

the controller shit compared to microsofts though it looks like.

ajsccfc

They've fixed all the controller gripes according to reports. The left stick on my PS3 controller ended up looser than [REFERENCE TO SOME FAMOUS GIRL'S VAGINA]

covcity4life

DRM issues are a big thing, in 6 months it will be clear what you can and cant do i guess.

movie playback on ps3 is messed up, 360 is fine,thats a biggie too

Covstu

going to flog my xbox360 in a few weeks when my PS4 comes! try and get some cash before chrimbo!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm still trying to get my head round Donkey Kong on my Amiga 500!

ajsccfc

Speedball 2 on the Amiga used to be my favourite game. What a time in our lives!

speedball2_1369058915_313775.jpg

Covstu

COD Ghosts arrived on the PS4 today, shame I don't get the bloody machine until the end of the month!!! Talk about torture!!!

Tad

It will be interesting to see how the Xbox one does now. With the 360, they did well in the US and UK. The rest of Europe and Asia is normally Sony's arena with everywhere else being 50/50.

With the lower price, I suspect, the PS4 could make a dent in the UK market just like it has in America.

Marty

Really hoping that Sony have some top class exclusives in the pipe line for early next year, After seeing Drive Club getting delayed & Knack getting some average reviews, I'm not sure why i'm buying this, nothing jumps out to me as a must play from the launch titles.

Tad

If you want a racing game, that new need for speed is suppose to be good.

Uncharted 4 has been announced and so has Order 1866. Infamous 3 is coming out soon too if your into that. They'll be a load of 3rd party games coming too. PS4 will also have a load of great indie games to download.

At the moment, Resogun and Rime interest me the most.

There's never much out for the first few months of a console launch. That's why I always wait till the games arrive.The XBO looks just as barren on that front too.

Sony said they've setup a team that will try and get games that people request. Apparently Shenmue was one of the most asked about. If they get that game, I'll be very bloody happy! :)

Last edited:

Marty

You're correct about the first few months, Just disappointed that the games I was looking forward to playing most have either been delayed or have bad reviews. I was thinking off buying need for speed, but I've found them to be quiet poor since Carbon was released. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some PS3 titles on the dashboard, quite fancy playing The last of us & Beyond two souls.

Covstu

It will be interesting to see how the Xbox one does now. With the 360, they did well in the US and UK. The rest of Europe and Asia is normally Sony's arena with everywhere else being 50/50.

With the lower price, I suspect, the PS4 could make a dent in the UK market just like it has in America.

I think Sony have attacked this the right way in Microsoft's backyard first before hitting their home country (where they knew they would get sales). It will be close again I think but I think Sony have made a more developer friendly where the PS3 wasn't.

Marty

Fifa 14 on PS4 came today, just a shame the console isn't released for another week.

ajsccfc

Fifa 14 on PS4 came today, just a shame the console isn't released for another week.

Where was it from? I keep reading about people ordering from Amazon and then getting an email with money off a second game. Ordered Madden and haven't had anything yet, but it might be when it's dispatched.

dutchman

My Xbox one come today. Heard there's been problems with the disc drives

A number of Xbox One users have experienced problems with faulty disc drives, it has been reported.

A handful of Xbox One customers have posted videos on YouTube, which show the console struggling to read Blu-ray discs.

The console is heard making a clicking sound and users are unable to install games.

The extent of the problem is unclear, and Microsoft is yet to acknowledge or comment on the issue.

[video=youtube;lOPcMT5DHWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPcMT5DHWY[/video]

Marty

Where was it from? I keep reading about people ordering from Amazon and then getting an email with money off a second game. Ordered Madden and haven't had anything yet, but it might be when it's dispatched.

It was from Amazon, I also haven't received an offer like you described from them, I've been pre-ordering items since early June so would have expected something if it were true.

Users who are viewing this thread