Yakubu (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I saw Slade gesticulating at him and the fact he stayed close to the bench suggested he wasn't really up to covering much distance. Seems a move destined for failure by both parties.

Hobo

I noticed this at Wimbledon, no players really warmed up during the match. Just sat on the bench not paying attention. Slade did not tell anyone to start warming up.

It's like most of them know they won't get a game so why bother.

All very odd for "Professional athletes"

There is nothing professional about our club. Fisher is in charge.

Skyblue_LDN

1. If he was injured when and how did the injury occur?
2. Why did he stay on if he was? Surely if he's injured he's better off leaving the field to prevent further damage. Not like he was helping with our play. He actually moved away from the ball on a number of occasions.
3. If he was injured what were the sudden bursts of "pace" all about? He seemed to do it a few times for 2 or 3 steps.
4. He didn't really move any more or less at the end of the game than what he did when he came on.
5. Why didn't he properly warm up? He didn't at Wimbledon too. Can't remember him doing one last Saturday either.

This was the last few mins of the game. When we were in their box he was genuinely the closest player on the pitch to Burge!

Disgusted to see that, wonder what he or Slade have to say if shown and pulled up on

PVA

He was injured.

The point I was making in the opening post was that he couldn't be bothered to warm up, just stayed in his seat all game until he came on and so injury was completely inevitable.

Just total laziness, and clearly not interested or he would have at least attempted some kind of warmup.

clint van damme

Slade needs fucking and his clothes burning, whatever has gone on with Yakubu is a fucking irrelevance. The preceding 70 minutes were a fucking disgrace.
Can't believe that fucking charlatan hasn't had the good grace to resign.

Otis

He was injured.

The point I was making in the opening post was that he couldn't be bothered to warm up, just stayed in his seat all game until he came on and so injury was completely inevitable.

Just total laziness, and clearly not interested.
Yeah, agree with that bit.

The video though from the Twitter feed is just a bloke not running or covering any ground simply because he is injured.

We still should all be outraged though I guess. ;)

clint van damme

He was injured.

Just total laziness, and clearly not interested or he would have at least attempted some kind of warmup.

it's that all you've got to worry about, some c**t not warming up?

it's that all you've got to worry about, some c**t not warming up?

Point here is not how little ground he covered. It's also not really about players warm ups.. but it is when they don't bother to do anything in the minutes before coming on... just standing around waiting... then we are supposed say 'ah ok, he's injured'. Course he fecking is - I used to warm up more to play 5-a-side. Total lack of professionalism from him and no strength or management even allowing him on in that case.

A disgrace and sums up the embarrassment we have become

CJ_covblaze

Then I can only conclude that CJ is a bit of a bellend then. Embarrassing all round.

Twatter famous for 20 minutes though, and Huckerby talked to him. Well done.

I couldn't give two shits about being Twitter famous. What does it achieve? Fuck all. It appears some are missing the point of the video. It's obvious he was struggling and not covering much ground whether it was through injury or not. When I put it out I didn't know the reasons. If he wasn't injured that would be bad enough. If he was that's considerably worse and brings up some worryingly issues.

It now seems that he was injured. Why did he not have a proper warm up? As I've previously stated that didn't happen at Wimbledon either. How can Slade allow him to stay on? He may have demanded it as others have said. Also in my previous post I stated he was actively avoiding the ball so it's not like he was quarterbacking the play and playing the ball back into the danger area. He was just walking round and possibly making an injury worse. I'm not sure if it happened when Thomas scored. He was struggling sometime before that. What is certain is that he couldn't really move afterwards. There's 3-4 minutes left and we're 2 goals down, take him off! The first few minutes can make a huge difference in recovery.

When Beavon's Hammy went a few games back he was holding it directly in front of us from around the 15th-20th minute. He was obviously struggling. He stayed on until half time. Slade said it went a few mins before half time. Everyone around us saw it and were asking each other why he was still on for so long.

Now this may not be Slade's fault. Why has the above happened?

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Yeah a right scruffy Bastard , I would never trust a man in a professional job who couldn't be bothered to have a shave . :emoji_nerd: And Tim Fisher he's another one who doesn't shave !

KRMm6aq.png

KG7

I couldn't give two shits about being Twitter famous. What does it achieve? Fuck all. It appears some are missing the point of the video. It's obvious he was struggling and not covering much ground whether it was through injury or not. When I put it out I didn't know the reasons. If he wasn't injured that would be bad enough. If he was that's considerably worse and brings up some worryingly issues.

It now seems that he was injured. Why did he not have a proper warm up? As I've previously stated that didn't happen at Wimbledon either. How can Slade allow him to stay on? He may have demanded it as others have said. Also in my previous post I stated he was actively avoiding the ball so it's not like he was quarterbacking the play and playing the ball back into the danger area. He was just walking round and possibly making an injury worse. I'm not sure if it happened when Thomas scored. He was struggling sometime before that. What is certain is that he couldn't really move afterwards. There's 3-4 minutes left and we're 2 goals down, take him off! The first few minutes can make a huge difference in recovery.

When Beavon's Hammy went a few games back he was holding it directly in front of us from around the 15th-20th minute. He was obviously struggling. He stayed on until half time. Slade said it went a few mins before half time. Everyone around us saw it and were asking each other why he was still on for so long.

Now this may not be Slade's fault. Why has the above happened?[/Tapatalk

Please explain the point of the video. (By the way I'm not getting st you - I know you're a passionate fan and do a lot for the club)

Sent from my iPhone using

Otis

Please explain the point of the video. (By the way I'm not getting st you - I know you're a passionate fan and do a lot for the club)

Sent from my iPhone using
True. CJ seems to do an awful lot.

It does seem though that a conclusion had already been come to and it was just a case of presenting the evidence to everyone.

Clive Eakin immediately spotted that Yakubu was injured and Delete Adebola, the guest co commentator for the day also said that the striker looked like he had done a hamstring.

Surely if the issue is one of Yakubu just coming on and not warming up, that should have been the focus of the video, rather than filming him not doing much when he is carrying an injury.

scubasteve

Did it? Even the manager wasn't exactly gushing over the signing!
On a paper as in the experience he has and the quality he had, most "34" ex premier league and international player should be able to do a job in league 1. How did any of us know he was so out of shape and disinterested. That was on slade he watched him train for nearly 2 weeks before signing him

Otis

On a paper as in the experience he has and the quality he had, most "34" ex premier league and international player should be able to do a job in league 1. How did any of us know he was so out of shape and disinterested. That was on slade he watched him train for nearly 2 weeks before signing him
Slade surely saw that the bloke just wasn't fit enough didn't he?

It looks like an act of desperation.

scubasteve

Slade surely saw that the bloke just wasn't fit enough didn't he?

It looks like an act of desperation.
Exactly, it's on slade he had 2 weeks to see what we saw in 2 20 minute cameos. But before he is in the building it sounds like a good signing but as soon as he turned up at Ryton they should have turned him away.

trevelfarandwide

Slade needs fucking and his clothes burning, whatever has gone on with Yakubu is a fucking irrelevance. The preceding 70 minutes were a fucking disgrace.
Can't believe that fucking charlatan hasn't had the good grace to resign.
He's probably offered to, but it doesn't suit SISU's agenda to let him walk.

They're waiting for the drop now, so that they can appoint Ricketts next season, imo.

As for Yakubu, what did we all expect lads? Didn't warm up, too lazy, and Slade wasn't about to prompt him, so it was inevitable he'd injure himself. At 42 it happens far more easily than at 34. :)

Slade is fast becoming our most infamous manager of the modern era, he's truly pub team level.

Grendel

I think probably Venus just signed Yakubu to show the club are attempting something.

Even slade hinted at what we ended up seeing.

NorthernWisdom

I think probably Venus just signed Yakubu to show the club are attempting something.

Even slade hinted at what we ended up seeing.
Indeed. When the manager can't even manage to go to the paper and say how Yakubu's still got the desire, the fight, AND JUST LOOK AT HIS TRACK RECORD then you have to question whether the manager actually signed him, or was persuaded to do so.

I'd say Yakubu points to the structural ills of the club above all else.

trevelfarandwide

Think Hucks is right, Yakubu is easily 52. Roger Milla is next in the door, haha, could you imagine..."Well Clive, it's a positive signing, and his desire is still there...his bowels and hips are suspect but we're looking to hoof the ball in off him."

Users who are viewing this thread