£10m shares claim for GODIVA (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

No, you didn't say "IMO" you said: SBT has a membership of over 4 thousand, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a sizeable chunk of support of CCFC fans. If the majority are against your view, then that is a damning indictment against you!

Now, if I'd said something similar then I'm sure you'd have pulled me up on it.

Also, you stated: Where are your figures to back up your assumptions. You're quick to have a go at others posts but never come up with anything when "As SBTaylor says", a statement which is fairly ironic as your whole thread hangs on "Jan Says". Now, where are YOUR figures to back up YOUR assumptions?

The thing is, you haven't got a leg to stand on, you started this thread as a "fact", basically because Jan said something when even Jan has now admitted it wasn't a fact but a figure plucked out of the air.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Kid
PS...I said imo, I think that there are far more Anti-Sisu than Pro-SISU on this forum, and as an overall figure with supporters that still go to games, there is far more than YOU think will be Anti-SISU and therefore will NOT be in the minority....Go on then..Prove me wrong big boy!

Correct big boy....I DID say that Sky Blue Talk had a membership of 4k plus.....NICK himself made that comment over the New Year.....
I never said anything about imo there are 4k members......I did say however.....
PS...I said imo, I think that there are far more Anti-Sisu than Pro-SISU on this forum, and as an overall figure with supporters that still go to games, there is far more than YOU think will be Anti-SISU and therefore will NOT be in the minority....Go on then..Prove me wrong big boy!:jerkit:

@ Lordsummerisle....
I have never, nor will ever, be a SISU arselicker in any way, shape, or form.

torchomatic

The term "house of cards" springs to mind.

No, you didn't say "IMO" you said: SBT has a membership of over 4 thousand, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a sizeable chunk of support of CCFC fans. If the majority are against your view, then that is a damning indictment against you!

Now, if I'd said something similar then I'm sure you'd have pulled me up on it.

Also, you stated: Where are your figures to back up your assumptions. You're quick to have a go at others posts but never come up with anything when "As SBTaylor says", a statement which is fairly ironic as your whole thread hangs on "Jan Says". Now, where are YOUR figures to back up YOUR assumptions?

The thing is, you haven't got a leg to stand on, you started this thread as a "fact", basically because Jan said something when even Jan has now admitted it wasn't a fact but a figure plucked out of the air.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Kid
PS...I said imo, I think that there are far more Anti-Sisu than Pro-SISU on this forum, and as an overall figure with supporters that still go to games, there is far more than YOU think will be Anti-SISU and therefore will NOT be in the minority....Go on then..Prove me wrong big boy!

Correct big boy....I DID say that Sky Blue Talk had a membership of 4k plus.....NICK himself made that comment over the New Year.....
I never said anything about imo there are 4k members......I did say however.....
PS...I said imo, I think that there are far more Anti-Sisu than Pro-SISU on this forum, and as an overall figure with supporters that still go to games, there is far more than YOU think will be Anti-SISU and therefore will NOT be in the minority....Go on then..Prove me wrong big boy!:jerkit:

@ Lordsummerisle....
I have never, nor will ever, be a SISU arselicker in any way, shape, or form.

Grendel

lordsummerisle

Here's a beauty from Honest Ray!

"I read comments by Danny Fox recently, who was talking about the challenge of playing at a bigger club because, with all due respect to Coventry, it is a mid-table Championship club. That’s where we are at the moment.

“Scott Dann went to Birmingham for five times what he was getting here. Would we have liked to keep hold of them? For sure, and if we had been in the play-offs at the end of last season it could have been a different ball game and they might have said they will give us another year here.

"But we have effectively replaced those players with Chris Hussey and Richard Wood, who will go on to be as good, if not better.”

Quality stuff.

Tomh111

Can I just ask what a "Battery Boy" is and who it is being used to refer to? I am assuming it is an insult of some kind and may be related to the phrase "batty boy", but I am not 100%

Otis

This thread seems a waste of time then.

SBK said he had a 'fact' that wasn't a fact but a "general understanding"
facepalm.gif

Whilst, in the think of it, he said my actual facts weren't facts and I was spouting SISU propaganda, although I had links to my figures (bar Colchester) and made my own independent calculations. That still aren't complete.

It seems SBK is not only an "old codger" but a senile old codger.

(bar Colchester) and made my own independent calculations. That still aren't complete.

I DON'T remember reading that your "Colchester calculations" still weren't complete!
Does that make me a "Senile Old Codger"???

AshbyJan says...
Torchy - the figure is probably quite accurate at that time and was approx what the agreed formula would have given but subsequent conversations with the Higgs Charity revealed that the figure that was being discussed by them and the club was lower than this. To be fair at the time no one disputed the number so not quite sure why all the fuss 5 months on.

Thanks Jan.
I've just finished a phone call with the CET sports desk. Apparently the "Formula" was very accurate at that time(£10m) but although SISU saying that they had the money to buy the share in the Stadium was documented in the papers, both CET and Nationals. What SISU failed to say at that time was that THEIR valuation of which they were prepared to pay for the share of the Stadium wasn't even in the same "Ball park" as what ACL wanted......So what did SISU value the shares to be???...20 Bensons, a packet of Salt'n'Vinegar crisps, and a stick of Wrigleys gum?

Isn't that just an office full of cobwebs and an answering machine?

torchomatic

He's amusingly referring to me. A long time ago - before even I was born - there was a Gerry Anderson show called Torchy the Battery Boy. However, maybe you're right and he means batty? Who knows, who cares? He's a fool anyway.

Can I just ask what a "Battery Boy" is and who it is being used to refer to? I am assuming it is an insult of some kind and may be related to the phrase "batty boy", but I am not 100%

torchomatic

Amazed that he actually rang them! I get people like him ringing me all the time. Nothing better to do. No doubt a serial complainer to his local council too. "The dustman dropped some litter outside my house....", etc etc

Isn't that just an office full of cobwebs and an answering machine?

Sky Blue Kid

Just give Grendel a nudge....He'll give you an "Estimated Fact":facepalm:
Btw...for the last time Grendel I said "Hearsay"....from Newspapers, football mags, tv/radio progs, and the like. Because you can't verify your quotes you try to take the piss.....carry on ...Mr "Estimated Facts"
For the rest of you....AshbyJan and myself both took the "Formula" to be £10m(A figure widely taken to be the price of the shares) and was very accurate at that time. I still stand by my claim that Fisher said that SISU had the money to buy the shares, not knowing the figure they were thinking of paying wasn't in the same universe of what ACL wanted.....Do you all want them to give the shares to SISU?....Get some Scruples guys ffs!:facepalm:

torchomatic

Is that is true then why haven't you linked to the quote?

. I still stand by my claim that Fisher said that SISU had the money to buy the shares,

WillieStanley

Btw...for the last time Grendel I said "Hearsay"....from Newspapers, football mags, tv/radio progs, and the like. Because you can't verify your quotes you try to take the piss.....carry on ...Mr "Estimated Facts"
For the rest of you....AshbyJan and myself both took the "Formula" to be £10m(A figure widely taken to be the price of the shares) and was very accurate at that time. I still stand by my claim that Fisher said that SISU had the money to buy the shares, not knowing the figure they were thinking of paying wasn't in the same universe of what ACL wanted.....Do you all want them to give the shares to SISU?....Get some Scruples guys ffs!:facepalm:

Actually, it'd be even better if they gave the shares to the club!!

If the shares end up with CCFC it means one of two things, either more money coming into the club with less going out, meaning a more competetive squad and more leverage with FFP OR CCFC become more attractive to potential investors meaning it's more likely that SISU will leave.

As it stands, we are stuck with SISU and extortionate rent will not help bring in any new owners.

Otis

Amazed that he actually rang them! I get people like him ringing me all the time. Nothing better to do. No doubt a serial complainer to his local council too. "The dustman dropped some litter outside my house....", etc etc

Or trying to help you claim back PPI charges.

Grendel

Keep digging.

WillieStanley

"Hello, is that Andy Turner?? Right, brace yourself... it appears someone is wrong on the internet... Yes I know..."

Godiva

"Hello, is that Andy Turner?? Right, brace yourself... it appears someone is wrong on the internet... Yes I know..."

You owe me a new keyboard and a fresh cup of coffee!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel...
Come on pal...Get a poll going, you should do well with your "Estimated Facts" behind you.
Torchy...give him a hand. Here you go...I'll start you off.......:claping hands:

MichaelCCFC

Not sure where this thread is going, but -

Regarding a poll, doing a fans' survey would be great. Would the club we willing to help or, Nick, how about a survey of this forum's 4k registered users? Any survey will be what it is i.e. of season ticket holders, forum users, and it would need 1,000+ respondents to be of any use. But a fans' survey, even with limitations, may well be a lot more interesting than repeated personal opinions about what the views of other ccfc supporters are.

And in response to further posts that the Trust is anti-sisu: this is simply not true. The Trust is independent, transparent (minutes of meetings are on the Trust website, you can see who is on the Trust Board etc) and membership is open to all. So (i) wouldn't effort be better spent focusing on acl and sisu so as to move forwards in the current situation; (ii) why not come along to a Trust meeting - there's one tonight at The Squirrel 7.30pm with guest speaker football finance expert John Beech - and see what the Trust is really about; and (iii) Swansea is a great example of what a Trust can achieve but do critics see the Swans as badly run?

Grendel

@ Grendel...
Come on pal...Get a poll going, you should do well with your "Estimated Facts" behind you.
Torchy...give him a hand. Here you go...I'll start you off.......:claping hands:

Still digging.

Nick

Administrator

Regarding a poll, doing a fans' survey would be great. Would the club we willing to help or, Nick, how about a survey of this forum's 4k registered users? Any survey will be what it is i.e. of season ticket holders, forum users, and it would need 1,000+ respondents to be of any use. But a fans' survey, even with limitations, may well be a lot more interesting than repeated personal opinions about what the views of other ccfc supporters are.

And in response to further posts that the Trust is anti-sisu: this is simply not true. The Trust is independent, transparent (minutes of meetings are on the Trust website, you can see who is on the Trust Board etc) and membership is open to all. So (i) wouldn't effort be better spent focusing on acl and sisu so as to move forwards in the current situation; (ii) why not come along to a Trust meeting - there's one tonight at The Squirrel 7.30pm with guest speaker football finance expert John Beech - and see what the Trust is really about; and (iii) Swansea is a great example of what a Trust can achieve but do critics see the Swans as badly run?

Anybody can make a poll :)

torchomatic

Michael. Again, I would remind your spokesman that the Trust isn't anti-SISU.

Moff

@ Grendel...

I did a poll myself, with a successfull 100% take up.

The result was a 100% agreement that your continual posts about Grendel and Torchy undertaking a poll, are now very dated.

Sorry I was the only one polled but it was 100% accurate, showing that Polls can always be manipulated by any side to get the desired result. Still I have to agree with the results of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread