£10m shares claim for GODIVA (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Why do most people seem to be in the category of either love or hate SISU?

They started off not too badly. Their money got wasted for the first few years as they didn't employ a manager that could do any good for us. It all went wrong when they decided to tighten the budget too quickly. Something needed doing but not as quickly as they decided to do things.

This season they have put the money into our playing squad that they should have put in the season before. They have also got us a decent manager. I now trust them much more with the football side of the club than a year ago.

Financially I don't trust them. They say they want to pay a fair rent. So why don't they pay what they see as a fair rent until things get sorted out? To me the investors have had enough of throwing money at us for running costs. They seem to not to want to pay any rent until we get promoted, and are gambling on it happening this season. As in Clarke being signed to take over from McG. No cost savings on the squad this season. Is this being paid for from not paying the rent?

I see some are still arguing over whether SISU could afford to buy ACL out. We are not owned by SISU. We are run by SISU. We are owned by shareholders in the fund which is run by SISU. Nobody has more than 9.9% of the share value in our club. So we are owned by at least 11 people. Investors in the riskier funds like ours don't risk everything they have. So they should have the funds between them to buy the ACL share and then finally the councils freehold. I say again this is not SISU who wants to buy the ground for themselves.

I would be happy for these shareholders to buy the leasehold, but only at a fair price. The Council and Higgs Trust helped our club when we needed them to after being shafted badly. Why should they make a loss on helping our club when we needed them to faceless shareholders we will never know about?

Really for all we know we could be owned by , one, two or three people.
Who are extremely wealthy.
They may have the business knowledge. That allows them to disguise their investment. Ensuring they are protected by anonymity for tax reasons and protected from the hassle of fans.

Sky Blue Kid

Really for all we know we could be owned by , one, two or three people.
Who are extremely wealthy.
They may have the business knowledge. That allows them to disguise their investment. Ensuring they are protected by anonymity for tax reasons and protected from the hassle of fans.

Isn't this the exact opposite of what SISU did to scupper Hoffman and his investors?;)

Steve.B50

SKYBLUESTEVE76
If you dont agree with the majority do something about it and dont knock those who are at least trying.

torchomatic

Majority? Majority of members on this forum or the majority of Coventry City fans? It would be very interesting to know what the wider view is. After all, the views on here are from a very small minority of CCFC fans.

SKYBLUESTEVE76
If you dont agree with the majority do something about it and dont knock those who are at least trying.

Steve.B50

My view is SBT is the largest organised group, am sure a lot who are members are also on here.
I am not anti SISU or anti ACL but I am pro Coventry City and will do what ever I can to preserve the future of the club I love.

As far as I can see the SBT is the one organiseation that are at least trying.

We all have our own personal views and thoughts and am happy to discuss any of these on here but get a little pissed off when some just knock those who are giving up there own time to try and do something positive.

Nick

Administrator
Why do people keep banging on about it being the largest organised group like it is a willy waving badge?

I don't think people are knocking people for trying but if anybody says anything slightly against the SBT they get "Do something yourself" or "Why dont you do something" thrown at them all the time.

Otis

Taken from an Interview between "AshbyJan" and "The Observer

"What frustrates is they [Sisu] can suddenly find £10m to try and buy the stadium, but they can't pay the rent on it and they can't buy players," said their spokesman, Jan Mokrzycki. "It's obvious they don't give a monkeys about the club. No one else is going to come in and save us, it's up to the fans to do it ourselves. We might as well get in a position to do it now, rather than be like Portsmouth, scrambling around at the last minute trying to get something done.

NOW! If you still want to call me a liar...You are saying it to AshbyJan who QUOTES what I have said!:eek::eek::eek:

Err, not being funny here, but 19 pages of posts. Has anyone asked AshbyJan if he actually said this or not, or whether it is just spin?

Might have stopped World War III breaking out.

I'm very much in the camp of neither pro-Sisu or pro ACL.

I just want the best for my club and for the people of Coventry.

Sky Blue Kid

Majority? Majority of members on this forum or the majority of Coventry City fans? It would be very interesting to know what the wider view is. After all, the views on here are from a very small minority of CCFC fans.

SBT has a membership of over 4 thousand, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a sizeable chunk of support of CCFC fans. If the majority are against your view, then that is a damning indictment against you!:whistle:

Nick

Administrator
There are a good few thousand who don't use forums, who don't want to go and listen to a bloke from portsmouth talk about football finance and who just want to go and watch football on a saturday!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Osb - how can sisu's actions reflect on ccfc?

more to do with trust in any future working relationship Pete.

You only have to look how opinions have been polarised here then relate that to people directly involved. It isnt necessarily about the financial things it is about working relationships going forward. For example in the past the club have been cut a lot of slack when payments have been late, that has helped the club - will that happen in the same way in the future, doubtful. Or rooms and facilities have been made available (i would guess at nil cost sometimes) will that happen in future ? (yes I know we paid a big rent but that was for specific not additional usage). Trust works both ways though and I would guess CCFC/SISU have real concerns themselves.

ACL will quite rightly from their perspective look to be even less reliant on CCFC for income. First off if they drop the rent then they need new sources of income, but from their point of view they can no longer trust they are going to be paid. CCFC will become less important to them and as such any decisions will be tempered by that. If they cant trust on payment how can they trust on an interest in the stadium ?

From CCFC's point of view they have repeatedly said that ground ownership is essential for the viability of the club. From what has gone on I get the impression that it will be a very long time before the stakeholders sell on to CCFC if it involves their current owners. Where does that leave CCFC - will it still get SISU's support ? Is there no choice ? At what point do SISU say enough or is it still based as some think on "operation premiership". As a club with all that gone on does the Ricoh feel less of a home?

I want to be clear about something - The costs of CCFC the business needed and still need to be addressed. From that point of view what TF and SISU have been doing in the general business sense is absolutely correct. We have to live within our means. I have never had an argument against that. But it means all costs, and taking decisions that do not add in hundreds of thousands of new ones (who do we think is paying for all the professional/legal expenses for example, how much interest is being paid to ARVO etc ) Not everything that SISU have done is wrong. My opinion is that the confrontation on the rent might end up shooting CCFC in the foot.

As an accountant I understand that business relies on the finances but i also recognise that successful business relies on strong business relationships, and in something like the Ricoh set up it relies on a strong business partnership between the main characters. We simply do not have that any more. We have ACL stakeholders who have probably got a lot closer in their relationship vs CCFC. Not how it should be.

Did it have to be this way - no. CCFC will have gained a reduced rent which is a big plus - could it have been done without the confrontation - we will never know but it wasnt impossible. Instead bridges have been burnt. I would have thought that it was a good thing to keep the local council on side. I would have thought it might be a good thing to keep the Charity on side especially when the charity owns the site where the academy is based. We should expect Council & Charity to be pragmatic in their future approach but there is bound to be decisions taken influenced by what has gone on.

Just think that there are some less tangible things than a saving of the rent that have been damaged by the whole affair.

But just my opinion

Last edited:

torchomatic

And here you go again. Yes a membership of over 4000. "If" you state and that is what it is, an "if" yet you still see it as a "damning indictment against me". Why is that? Why are you so insecure that you are scared of anyone who does not agree with you 100%? Please explain why it's a damning indictment against me personally as presumably you now have all the votes in from the SBT 4000? What percentages have you got?

To be honest I care not a jot if I'm the only person who thinks like I do.

SBT has a membership of over 4 thousand, if I'm not mistaken. Quite a sizeable chunk of support of CCFC fans. If the majority are against your view, then that is a damning indictment against you!:whistle:

Nick

Administrator
I think he meant this forum has 4000! Still nowhere near a majority of city fans though.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Otis...

What frustrates is they [Sisu] can suddenly find £10m to try and buy the stadium, but they can't pay the rent on it and they can't buy players," said their spokesman, Jan Mokrzycki.

I don't really think anyone needs to ask AshbyJan if he said this....If he didn't, wouldn't he have kicked up holy shit about being quoted in a National newspaper?
Let's put it this way.....He hasn't denied it has he!

skybluesteve76

4000 doesn't even cover season ticket holders and members!

torchomatic

Nick, yes I realised that. The Trust has nowhere near that I would imagine. Did someone somewhere say 700?

It's his presumptions that makes me laugh. There are 4000 people registered on here and he presumes that 3999 agree with him. Well, maybe they do.

I think he meant this forum has 4000! Still nowhere near a majority of city fans though.

Mucca Mad Boys

Is it not the mirror group, who own the cet?

Quite possibly, I know it's the CET and a 'Daily something paper' I was pretty sure it was the Daily Mail but if it's the Mirror, I stand to be corrected.

torchomatic

Which is the crux of the whole issue for me. Why on earth are the club going to attempt to communicate and build bridges with an organisation who seem to want them to fail. It's nonsense. Not a lot of difference from when they were Save Our City for me.

But the interview was with Gary Stubbs from the Sky Blue Trust, not Gary Stubbs a bloke in the street.

torchomatic

I don't know for sure, Steve. So don't quote me as "Torchomatic said" or anything. I thought I read it on here somewhere. I'm sure SBK can start a new thread stating the exact amount.

So the trust has 700 members!?

jimmyhillsfanclub

"Save our City" was just fucking embarrassing......

....A handful of chubby losers with too much time on their hands waving a few tatty banners they made in their bedrooms.....

.....If the SBT start scrawling on bed linen any time soon....they can fuck right off.:whistle:

Grendel

Nick, yes I realised that. The Trust has nowhere near that I would imagine. Did someone somewhere say 700?

It's his presumptions that makes me laugh. There are 4000 people registered on here and he presumes that 3999 agree with him. Well, maybe they do.

I don't so that's 3,998

Sky Blue Kid

And here you go again. Yes a membership of over 4000. "If" you state and that is what it is, an "if" yet you still see it as a "damning indictment against me". Why is that? Why are you so insecure that you are scared of anyone who does not agree with you 100%?

Andddddd, you expect every poster to agree with what you've said! Otherwise you would make any posts.......... would you?:facepalm:

Otis

"Save our City" was just fucking embarrassing......

....A handful of chubby losers with too much time on their hands waving a few tatty banners they made in their bedrooms.....

.....If the SBT start scrawling on bed linen any time soon....they can fuck right off.:whistle:

Too right. Pretty cold at night and I'm not sleeping under a pile of coats again.

And then when I get the sheets back the ink comes off in the night and I wake up with a big black 'O' on my bum. Big no on the sheet front.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Moff

And here you go again. Yes a membership of over 4000. "If" you state and that is what it is, an "if" yet you still see it as a "damning indictment against me". Why is that? Why are you so insecure that you are scared of anyone who does not agree with you 100%?

Andddddd, you expect every poster to agree with what you've said! Otherwise you would make any posts.......... would you?:facepalm:

I am sure he stated in his post that he didnt care if he was the only one with his opinion...yet you somehow failed to quote that bit. How convenient :facepalm:

lordsummerisle

Too right. Pretty cold at night and I'm not sleeping under a pile of coats again.

And then when I get the sheets back the ink comes off in the night and I wake up with a big black 'O' on my bum. Big no on the sheet front.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Could have been worse, might have been a "Sisu In" protest, and waking up with a big black "IN" on your bum could have led to misunderstandings.

ashbyjan

Blimey 21 pages on an article written 5 months ago - slow weekend for some.
Link to the "offending" article here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/sep/08/coventry-city-abyss-sisu

The claim about the £10m was that this was when Mr Fisher was saying that the deal for buying the Higgs Charity 50% of ACL had been agreed, subsequently this has been shown to be slightly off the mark. The general understanding was that the cost of that 50% was in the region of £10m. Hope this clears up the details from this old article.

As has been stated over and over again (but chosen to be ignored by those with alternative agendas) the Trust just wants the two sides to stop posturing, issuing empty, childish threats and get a deal sorted over the rent. Then we can all move on and get behind Mark Robins (the best appointment SISU have ever made whilst at CCFC) and the important issues of trying to get into the play offs and winning the JPT.

dongonzalos

Blimey 21 pages on an article written 5 months ago - slow weekend for some.
Link to the "offending" article here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/sep/08/coventry-city-abyss-sisu

The claim about the £10m was that this was when Mr Fisher was saying that the deal for buying the Higgs Charity 50% of ACL had been agreed, subsequently this has been shown to be slightly off the mark. The general understanding was that the cost of that 50% was in the region of £10m. Hope this clears up the details from this old article.

As has been stated over and over again (but chosen to be ignored by those with alternative agendas) the Trust just wants the two sides to stop posturing, issuing empty, childish threats and get a deal sorted over the rent. Then we can all move on and get behind Mark Robins (the best appointment SISU have ever made whilst at CCFC) and the important issues of trying to get into the play offs and winning the JPT.

Which is exactly what I have been hearing when I have heard Jan on national radio.

The fans want an end to propaganda dirty tactics and a deal to be agreed.

dongonzalos

Also reiterate 5 months ago the majority of fans would have had grave concerns about SISU getting part of the stadium.

Now they have signed players and we have relative success in league three some are thoring in this matter.

Personally I want to see SISU get us to the championship first then I want to see them rectify the mistakes from what they did in the championship last year.

However I understand SISU need some incentives regarding rent and stadium ownership if they achieve this.

Last edited:

wingy

Also reiterate 5 months ago the majority of fans would have had grave concerns about SISU getting part if the stadium.

No they have signed players and we have relative success in league three some are thoring in this matter.

Personally I want to see SISU get us to the championship first then I want to see them rectify the mistakes from what they did in the championship last year.

However I understand SZiSU need some incentives regarding rent and stadium ownership if they achieve this.

How did a Norse God break in here :facepalm::p Thawing don.:D

Matty_CCFC

Jimmyhillsfanclub
Am a new member to site and normally just read posts and never reply but just had to say what an idiot you are.
Why dont you actually read the whole post and not insulot others.

Idiot !

torchomatic

Thanks Jan. So there you go, SBK. It's now cleared up, it's not a "fact" but a "general understanding". In other words a figure plucked from the air because no one knows for sure.

The general understanding was that the cost of that 50% was in the region of £10m. Hope this clears up the details from this old article.

Users who are viewing this thread