£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (3 Viewers)

wingy

What we need is for it to be a "bandwagon" type thing every game. I know people say it's the pricing but when we were drawn MK the bandwagon was on as soon as the balls came out of the bag ( ;) ). People were going to go and people wanted tickets because it is already rolling.
Get your point but that was £17 as against £27 for where I would sit .
That is twice what an ST breaks down to per match and at least a fiver more than Championship /L1 levels.
Personally don't see how it's Justifiable.

Nick

Administrator
Get your point but that was £17 as against £27 for where I would sit .
That is twice what an ST breaks down to per match and at least a fiver more than Championship /L1 levels.
Personally don't see how it's Justifiable.
What was £27?

Amcoventry

Even if 5 families enjoy their day out and decide to go to another match in the near future, it's a success.
This is possibly the best thing the club have done since SISU took over. We have been screaming out for this for years, something to get the fans back.
Thousands of kids are going to the football, possibly for the first time, and will get a free clapbanger and see football in a fantastic stadium. Many of these kids will want a scarf, a programme and maybe want to return again.

A great idea but I hope some of our idiot fans that have been alluded do over the last month or so manage to join in the spirit of things and don't actually turn people/families away.

Last edited:

Otis

19 tickets???

41abffb111a5c93f596a59a486ba72ac3853dc0c18339c6cac54b3d0a91193b3.jpg
I don't even know 19 people.

Otis

I'm not moaned about it and have never thought to. It's a great initiative from the club and it should be applauded. As STHs we choose to stump our money up front and get compensated with first choice on Cup games, etc.
If they wanted to appease ST holders, when they have these £5 game offers, they could always offer vouchers to ST holders say £5 off a team shirt or merchandise over £30.

Would then be a gesture and might make a few more sales to boot for merchandise.

no_loyalty

If they wanted to appease ST holders, when they have these £5 game offers, they could always offer vouchers to ST holders say £5 off a team shirt or merchandise over £30.

Would then be a gesture and might make a few more sales to boot for merchandise.

Didn't they give season ticket holders a free ticket to the first Checkatrade trophy match, this season?

italiahorse

Or perhaps let them have a free child ticket ?

CV22SBA

14K free tickets, 5.5K season tickets therefore have we really only sold 2.5K extra tickets when they are £5 each?

Legia Sky Blue

14K free tickets, 5.5K season tickets therefore have we really only sold 2.5K extra tickets when they are £5 each?
Not living in Cov at the minute so I don't know if this is the case, but when I did & similar deals were on offer, I never thought they were publicised very well. I mentioned the Accrington deal to my son, who has only been to one game this season, so the type of supporter I guess this deal is aimed at attracting, and he knew nothing about it. Is it being spoken about on local radio or in the Telegraph etc? Having your only ticket outlet hidden away in the Butts doesn't help either. When I lived in Nottingham, and Forest did these deals the whole town knew about them. Notts County did the same this weekend & got a bumper crowd by their standards, where the same applied.

theferret

No, we only have 4.5k season ticket holders and have shifted quite a few since the 22k figure was announced. If you look online, far more tickets have been sold in East Stand than is usually the case a week from a game.

pusbccfc

Club are expecting 27,000. Also read Accrington are expecting 4/500 which is one of their biggest ever followings!

covcity4life

This game is huge. Lose 2nd game on trot in front of big crowd and can see slumping big time

Win however and it could be a huge catalyst

christonabike

Club should have a stand in Broadgate this week, just needs a couple manning it, few appearances from Sky Blue Sam etc, really push it and bring it to the people!
The problem is you would need about 4 interpreters to cater for all the nationalities that fill the town centre every day.

torchomatic

smileycov

Facebook User
Not living in Cov at the minute so I don't know if this is the case, but when I did & similar deals were on offer, I never thought they were publicised very well. I mentioned the Accrington deal to my son, who has only been to one game this season, so the type of supporter I guess this deal is aimed at attracting, and he knew nothing about it. Is it being spoken about on local radio or in the Telegraph etc? Having your only ticket outlet hidden away in the Butts doesn't help either. When I lived in Nottingham, and Forest did these deals the whole town knew about them. Notts County did the same this weekend & got a bumper crowd by their standards, where the same applied.
Considering it was £2 I thought 17k was quite poor. It is advertised well in Coventry, we are getting between 7-8k including st holders so if 27-28k turn up that’s about 6,000 more. (Not including free tickets) As people say a big crowd, decent result/performance and we may attract a few stay aways to return. Be worthwhile

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
As an ST, we dont need further compensation when they make these offers, I get the discount at the start of the year.
I dont sit as a Sky customer getting angry for the incentives offered to other new customers once I have signed up and had that and I am missing out on something that someone else is getting and I had previously.

I get cheaper tickets than anyone else, I can pay monthly if I want, I dont have to queue for buying, pay booking fees etc. FFS, its a good deal and personally, wish we did more of these deals for games on the basis that one day, some kid enjoys the shit we serve up and his dad has to take him again and we have other idiots like me that then continue to spend more with the club every year.

I havent met a ST who objects to these deals or gripes that they are missing out apart from retired ones and dont get me started on them, the majority (not all I know) have more money than the rest of us and could bloody pay the full price, no concessions for rich retired folk.

Users who are viewing this thread