£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (3 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

25000 sold now. Club just tweeted.

3/4 days to go. This will surpass easily 27 k back to tge Ricoh game. With actual tickets sold/given away.

So thats 11k actual sold tickets including season ticket holders. Pretty good going.

As many have mentioned be interesting to see how many of freebies will actually be in attendance.

italiahorse

25000 sold now. Club just tweeted.

3/4 days to go. This will surpass easily 27 k back to tge Ricoh game. With actual tickets sold/given away.

So thats 11k actual sold tickets including season ticket holders. Pretty good going.

As many have mentioned be interesting to see how many of freebies will actually be in attendance.

.... or whether because we have effectively sold the tickets they will still be counted.
Hate to see half full stands at each end as it will just take the edge off the occasion.

italiahorse

We might even be bringing two cars from Bristol.

You might as well - it’s free to park

As long as you have booked.
One of the free car parks is now full and so its only Wayside by the M6 available now for free.
Car parks at the Ricoh are not free they are £10 as usual.

Nick

Administrator
With the freebies, people have actively had to order them. They might think on Saturday that it was free so they can't be arsed if it's cold so no great loss but it's different to just handing out 6 match tickets to everybody not knowing who will turn up.

RoboCCFC90

This game is bigger than the Brighton game next Saturday..

Three points are badly needed this Saturday, I hope the players respond to the big crowd and better atmosphere that there will be on Saturday..

rob9872

Is it 25,000 actual tickets or is that vouchers they've given to schools which may turn into tickets? If it will be the attendance then quite amazing.

pusbccfc

Be interested to see what the maximum is that they can sell. Obviously for the Gillingham game they couldn't sell more than 27,000.

smileycov

Facebook User
With the freebies, people have actively had to order them. They might think on Saturday that it was free so they can't be arsed if it's cold so no great loss but it's different to just handing out 6 match tickets to everybody not knowing who will turn up.
tbf, if I told my kids I'm taking you on Saturday then changed my mind it would shatter them and cause a massive tantrum!! so on the basis they have put in vouchers and converted to tickets I trust they will turn up. The pressure from kids whose mates from school are all going should be enough!

Covstu

Me and our kid are taking the little ones to their first game but they both managed to get 4 tickets each from the schools. we are just going to see which seats are the best and offer them back or offer them out to someone else. Both kids really excited about going so hope its a nice day a 3 points.

Nick

Administrator
tbf, if I told my kids I'm taking you on Saturday then changed my mind it would shatter them and cause a massive tantrum!! so on the basis they have put in vouchers and converted to tickets I trust they will turn up. The pressure from kids whose mates from school are all going should be enough!

Yeah was going to say at schools they will be looking forward to seeing their mates there etc.

coop

So we have sold an extra 7,000 tickets at £5 that's about £35k that is less than say an extra 2,000 paying on a match day but hopefully more pie money and if we play well maybe a couple of more thousand next home game.But either way well done by ccfc for this initiative.

smileycov

Facebook User
So we have sold an extra 7,000 tickets at £5 that's about £35k that is less than say an extra 2,000 paying on a match day but hopefully more pie money and if we play well maybe a couple of more thousand next home game.But either way well done by ccfc for this initiative.
also, when you consider the difference in a packed and atmospheric stadium to one with say 9 or 10k in., then money wise it is well worth it. I should think we will hit 27-28k by kick off. Just a small % getting the bug and returning for any future games will be great. I have attended more this season than any other in the last 5 years, I truly hope others start to feel the same.

coop

also, when you consider the difference in a packed and atmospheric stadium to one with say 9 or 10k in., then money wise it is well worth it. I should think we will hit 27-28k by kick off. Just a small % getting the bug and returning for any future games will be great. I have attended more this season than any other in the last 5 years, I truly hope others start to feel the same.
I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium full and it creating some atmosphere just hope the player's go for it from the whistle.

Londonccfcfan

As we all know there is a definate correlation between how full the stadium/atmosphere.

Sometimes the atmosphere for larger attendances worse than the lower vociferous attrndances.

It doesnt matter if its 30k sold the atmosphere wont be a patch for example like the Checkatrade trophy semi final when just 12k there.

It all depends on the engagement on the day.

smileycov

Facebook User
As we all know there is a definate correlation between how full the stadium/atmosphere.

Sometimes the atmosphere for larger attendances worse than the lower vociferous attrndances.

It doesnt matter if its 30k sold the atmosphere wont be a patch for example like the Checkatrade trophy semi final when just 12k there.

wasn't really discussing atmosphere tbf. We were chatting about cost/loss against regular week. Just saying it is minimal and a packed house be well worth what they have done.

RoboCCFC90

The atmosphere is dependent on a few matters, with fans in Block 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 I’m hoping the atmosphere will carry across.

I’m going to try and keep things as simple as possible on Saturday, to maintain an atmosphere that all fans can get involved in and that carries across the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

The atmosphere is dependent on a few matters, with fans in Block 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 I’m hoping the atmosphere will carry across.

I’m going to try and keep things as simple as possible on Saturday, to maintain an atmosphere that all fans can get involved in and that carries across the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm hoping the schools have been teaching them the sky blue song this week, if not why not.

bringbackrattles

Been to ticket office today to pick up some tickets for Saturday. One of them told me the crowd is going to be about 28,000. I see Notts County had a similar day and charged £2.00 and it was their biggest crowd for about fifty years. We all love a bargain !

pusbccfc

Been to ticket office today to pick up some tickets for Saturday. One of them told me the crowd is going to be about 28,000. I see Notts County had a similar day and charged £2.00 and it was their biggest crowd for about fifty years. We all love a bargain !

I think it will be bigger than 28,000 if the club allow it.

If they have sold 25k at the moment, I am pretty sure they have sell 4/5k including pay on the gate.

bringbackrattles

I think it will be bigger than 28,000 if the club allow it.

If they have sold 25k at the moment, I am pretty sure they have sell 4/5k including pay on the gate.
With a large crowd of kids plus health and safety I think 28,000 will be the limit ? Those walking up on the day to pay at turnstiles will be stuck in long queues, and many may get turned away ?

Otis

With a large crowd of kids plus health and safety I think 28,000 will be the limit ? Those walking up on the day to pay at turnstiles will be stuck in long queues, and many may get turned away ?
If there's loads of kids going to be there it will be very hard to spot if the DKE twins are in the stadium.

Liquid Gold

Had a look on ticket master and it's looking very full at the moment. If the north and south stands are full then I can't see where 7,000 empty seats are.

Terry Gibson's perm

The capacity is 32k odd so that is how much the ground can hold all these twats at safety advisory things should back off if we have a restricted attendance then the same should apply to London wasps but looking at recent pictures when they are there they could limit it for them to save their embarrassment

coop

Weather for Saturday looks like it's pissing it down fricking hope not it might put quite a few off.

RugbyCov

Had a look on ticket master and it's looking very full at the moment. If the north and south stands are full then I can't see where 7,000 empty seats are.
Accrington are in block 8 (who will bring 500 max), which leaves blocks 7, 6, 5, 4 and half of 8 empty = 3500ish seats.

Then if you add in segregation (500ish seats) + however many are left to sell in the East and West stands, you're well on the way to the 7000 shortfall.

Users who are viewing this thread