Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Hull City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Mar (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Hull City match, tactics and predictions :)

Julie SBA

Hard to argue against being unchanged... however, Bidwell back in at LWB and maybe Walker for Howley.

Grendel

You’d hope he will put Bidwell back in.

That’s the only likely change

TomRad85

Swap the wing backs probably, maybe Walker for Godden. We don't have much of a squad to rotate tbh but he'll have to be using what there is of it.

Paxman II

Hull just had a good result looking to climb the table. We must not be over confident for this one & we should come out on top.

PVA

Rotate the wing backs, Walker in for Godden. Otherwise unchanged.

2-1 win, Vik plus late Godden goal off the bench.

shmmeee

Draw I reckon.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Howley/Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Gyokeres Walker

S: Moore, Rose, JWE, Dabo, Godden, Maguire, Howley/Burroughs

1-1 McNally

TomRad85

Draw I reckon.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Howley/Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Gyokeres Walker

S: Moore, Rose, JWE, Dabo, Godden, Maguire, Howley/Burroughs

1-1 McNally
Is Sheaf potentially back that soon?

TomRad85

Said a week to ten days on 24th Feb. It’ll be 15 days since on match day, so it’s possible.
Oh ok nice. I've kind of buried my head in the sand over these injuries. Expecting the worst for Allen and Palmer so I'm pleasantly surprised if they come back early.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

We've obviously got enough about us to beat Hull, but I'd probably accept a draw if we then beat Wigan and Blackpool (nothing to do with me missing this game but going to the other two...). I'll go 1-0 City though, Godden to score.

I'm hoping a week's rest is enough for Dabo but don't really want to risk it seeing as how light we are. BNC is adequate.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Eccles Hamer Howley Bidwell
Godden Vik

shmmeee

Oh ok nice. I've kind of buried my head in the sand over these injuries. Expecting the worst for Allen and Palmer so I'm pleasantly surprised if they come back early.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Im hoping Allen will be back by the Watford game and Palmer who knows, I’ve not seen a timescale given at all.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hull have a decent squad, but blow a bit hot and cold. Let's hope we catch them on the latter. I'd settle for 2 wins out of the next 3; Hull ought to be the toughest of the three.

Yorkshire SB

Last season we played Sheff Utd, trounced them. Next game, Hull at home. We were awful. Not saying I expect the same but, well, this IS Coventry.
It was the low point of last season for me. I arrived late just as they went ahead, and then I was leaving to get a head start back up the M1 when they scored their second. Dismal performance.

Offhegoes

I'd be tempted to leave JWE in at LWB as we're at home and could use his more offensive approach. Walker for Godden is another possible change, but I can't see Robins doing that. If Sheaf is back then it will be interesting, but Eccles doesn't deserve to lose his place, and am not sure you can play Eccles - Hamer & Sheaf all together. Think he would keep Sheaf on the bench as we have a midweek game

Mr Panda

I think Robins will pick the same team for this one, just swapping JWE for Bidwell.

Reward Walker for his goal against Huddersfield with a slightly earlier cameo if Godden hasn’t bagged one.

Think we’ll ride on a wave of confidence with the four goals against Huddersfield to take this one 2-0

Really looking forward to Saturday!

covhead1

Gonna be a tough game but we're finding some consistency and that's why we'll win 3-1 and Vik to score at least one.

slowpoke

Can’t see Robins swapping Walker for Godden.
In the midfield he has some options assuming the injured are still unavailable he could push JWE forward in front of Bidwell stay with Howley I think Dabo will start, there are a few options open to him.

Gibbo

I'd swap Walker for Godden, and give him the brief to stick close to Vik to pick up the scraps

slowpoke

I'd swap Walker for Godden, and give him the brief to stick close to Vik to pick up the scraps
Godden is the best chance taker of the two, look at his record, he has been quiet the last two or three games goals wise but I know who the opposition would prefer not to play.

Astute

Godden is the best chance taker of the two, look at his record, he has been quiet the last two or three games goals wise but I know who the opposition would prefer not to play.
I still think that someone with more pace than Godden will get more chances than him waiting for the chance to bury.

stevefloyd

Performance wise Godden doesn't deserve to play but Walkers confidence must be up a little after his goal and its about time Robins trusted him after chopping him when he scored 2 goals, but I suspect Robins will yet again choose Godden

Users who are viewing this thread