Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Hull City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Mar (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Be a tough cagey game where we’ll need to be at our loudest as fans and at our best as a team

Think it will be 1-0, 2-1 or 1-1

Offhegoes

Robins rarely changes a winning team, and doubt he'll tinker on Saturday after a 4-0 win. Would be good to see Sheaf back on the bench as the 2 midweek games in the North West next week will require changes I am sure. Would expect Walker will be given a decent run off the bench (as will Norton Cuffy) to protect Dabo and Godden's fitness.

Sky Blue Pete

Robins rarely changes a winning team, and doubt he'll tinker on Saturday after a 4-0 win. Would be good to see Sheaf back on the bench as the 2 midweek games in the North West next week will require changes I am sure. Would expect Walker will be given a decent run off the bench (as will Norton Cuffy) to protect Dabo and Godden's fitness.
Agree but he may pull a rabbit out the hat

napolimp

Be a tough cagey game where we’ll need to be at our loudest as fans and at our best as a team

Think it will be 1-0, 2-1 or 1-1

Unlikely. Hull have scored 8 in the last 9, and they're coming up against one of the best defensive teams in the league - with 5 clean sheets in the last 8. I don't think the most likely scenarios involve them scoring, a 0-0 would appear more likely.

coop

We should of beat them at Hull but their striker scored 3 from inside 1 metre.Joke but they beat us last year at home 2-0 and they were awful so 3 0 please.

Hobo

This is a tough one. But no reason why we cant be confident. Should be a good atmospher. Hope the weather pick up.

Briles

Said a week to ten days on 24th Feb. It’ll be 15 days since on match day, so it’s possible.

I always think Robins means "back on the grass" not back in the first team

curly_tom

This has a terrible feel of 'after the lordmayor's show' about it. The next 3 games seem so winnable, we begin to dream of how things will look were we to win them, this makes me nervous and start to think there is no way we can win. I think this mindset is the same for most footy fans, even the big teams...

pusbccfc

Surprised by the lack of hype for this game.

Sky Blue Pete

Media, the Telegraph has been telling us we aren't going up. hardly a ringing endorsement that will have the crowds flocking

But it's going to be fucking freezing Saturday which may put a few off.
Forecasts aren’t great days out but -4 Friday night. Wonder if there’s any change of it not being on?

David O'Day

Forecasts aren’t great days out but -4 Friday night. Wonder if there’s any change of it not being on?
Can't see it as there is enough rain forecast Friday and Saturday to take care of my ice and snow.

Still, I remember that game against Lincoln where they promised it would be on, forgot that snow can drift and fucked up enough to get the game called off. What a shambles we were back in the league 2 days.

Hertsccfc

6 assists and without looking I think more of them have been lately.(learning all the time).
Yes it is noticeable how he has added this to his game recently. Earlier in the season I am not sure he would have made those passes to Allen and Walker recently. I think this is why he didn't want to go in January. He knew he still had improvements to make and it's great that he is doing so.

skybluelee

It’s forecast to be 5 degrees at kick off and dry. No rain fcst from early Friday so plenty of time to put plans in place to deal with any ice issues around the stadium you’d have thought. I’ll be amazed if the game is in doubt.

I remember driving up the M40 on the morning of the Norwich game and it was -4 and only reached 1 degree by kick off. There was never any suggestion that that game was at risk was there?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can't see it as there is enough rain forecast Friday and Saturday to take care of my ice and snow.

Still, I remember that game against Lincoln where they promised it would be on, forgot that snow can drift and fucked up enough to get the game called off. What a shambles we were back in the league 2 days.
Didn’t they then beat us 4-2 and we were just woeful?

we had some right weird results in that league - that and Yeovil always give me nightmares

robbiethemole

We've had about 2" here since yesterday, so lots to get rid off ( maybe a snowman for the grandkids)
you watch the SAG say the surrounding area of the arena is unsafe and call it off!!!

slowpoke

This has a terrible feel of 'after the lordmayor's show' about it. The next 3 games seem so winnable, we begin to dream of how things will look were we to win them, this makes me nervous and start to think there is no way we can win. I think this mindset is the same for most footy fans, even the big teams...
There are always banana skins and on form you might expect a full house of points, I’d take 6 out of the 9 up for grabs if offered today.

AOM

"Still, I remember that game against Rotherham where they promised it would be on, forgot that Wasps can drift in and fucked up enough to get the game called off. What a shambles we were back in the 2022 days."

;)

Users who are viewing this thread