Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Hull City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Mar (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Some poor performances today. Thought Howley wasn’t great, the mistake for their goal seemed to kill his confidence off. Eccles too nervous and safe first half but got better. Hamer having an off day with his passing, Vik off his game, Bidwell having a 6 not a 7 week.

Did enough to win but they packed the defence and we had nothing that could unlock them. Thought Maguire was OK when he came on, I’d start him ahead of Howley on that performance. The loan lads and Burroughs did well as wel I thought. Dabo looked like a new player, though not as much as it did to the lad behind me who kept cheering him on after he left the pitch because he thought JWE was Dabo 🤦‍♂️

Game felt very flat and missing a bit of magic to get it going. Not a bad point if we can get the next six, otherwise we might be regretting it.

olderskyblue

Why ask "did I miss it" then? McFadz and I think Hamer (?) both spoke to him. But after the restart
Simple. I hoped I was wrong, but clearly I wasn’t.

The time for someone, Fadz really, to go and speak to the lad was while Hull were celebrating the goal. Wasn’t as if there was no time eh?

Legia Sky Blue

Think a few posters pointing out the Hull goal down to being Howley's mistake are being a bit harsh. The ball was struck at him by a misplaced pass from fairly close range, but unfortunately it was right into his stride, which then took it inadvertantly towards our goal. I don't think he had the time to adjust his feet to do much else.

coop

And no one was marking there forward as he had all the time in the world to turn on the edge of the box.Hull are shit

djr8369

Think a few posters pointing out the Hull goal down to being Howley's mistake are being a bit harsh. The ball was struck at him by a misplaced pass from fairly close range, but unfortunately it was right into his stride, which then took it inadvertantly towards our goal. I don't think he had the time to adjust his feet to do much else.
Yeah it didn’t look a mistake to me just bad luck. Thought he had a decent game. Looks like he could be some player.

EalingSB

I thought the McFadz substitution looked a tactical one well I hope it was, gave us an extra body in midfield which Hull were dominating bit risky with the kids at the back but thought it worked.
Ball did hit his hand, ball to hand imo but in these days of var who knows.
4B883676-8670-4CC2-AF85-C86AD96AEF77.jpeg

Brighton Sky Blue

? Doyle was right in front of him; it was a great finish by Oscar / Estupinan. The ball had been diverted to him unluckily by Howley. Not sure our players did a lot wrong for their goal.

I have to be honest my thought was ‘lucky git’ that the ball had somehow got to him. Didn’t see it as a mistake but just misfortune

Tommo1993

The offside trap was sprung and would’ve caught him without that touch from Howley. I don’t even think the pass was heading to him originally.

robbiethemole

The ball bounced off Howley and totally wrong footed McFadz, who had stepped out and looked to have it covered.
Overall, I think we’ve got another decent Academy product and we finished with 3 of them on the pitch.
I noticed the reference to Viktor having signed a contract extension, let’s hope it’s true.

fatso

Thought we really missed Fadz when subbed, a really odd decision given the way he marshalls the defence and results recently clearly indicate his influence. Robins subs at home recently have been most odd clearly the loanee contracts comply us to play both of them, yet neither really add anything to our team currently
Fadz needed resting with 2 big away games coming up. Also we were 1-0 down when Fadz went off so it was an attack minded sub, I'm sure if we were 1-0 up he'd of stayed on.

stupot07

I think McFadz was more culpable, he completely leaves the striker free to press into no man's land. Ball lands at the striker who is now completely free albeit with Doyle trying cover. If Fadz holds his shape they don't score, regardless of Howleys inadvertent mistake.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

baldy

Simple. I hoped I was wrong, but clearly I wasn’t.

The time for someone, Fadz really, to go and speak to the lad was while Hull were celebrating the goal. Wasn’t as if there was no time eh?

God you’re banging on about this a bit aren’t you? If you’re that concerned about Howley not getting encouragement just find out where he lives & go round

Hobo

From that if you look where his foot and knee was compared to his elbow. Even if you think it can be handball at that short distance between two player with a hard drilled cross - I doubt the handball is in the penalty area so free kick at best.

Otis

From that if you look where his foot and knee was compared to his elbow. Even if you think it can be handball at that short distance between two player with a hard drilled cross - I doubt the handball is in the penalty area so free kick at best.
Looking at that it should never be handball anyway. The law is nuts on the issue.

Hobo

Looking at that it should never be handball anyway. The law is nuts on the issue.
I agree. I was sat not too far away and didnt think it was handball in real time.

coop

? Doyle was right in front of him; it was a great finish by Oscar / Estupinan. The ball had been diverted to him unluckily by Howley. Not sure our players did a lot wrong for their goal.
Not saying anyone was at fault really but Doyle wasn't touch tight and allowed him to turn good finish though.

Users who are viewing this thread