Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (2 Viewers)

robbiethemole

I think Pukki v Rose, Dabo or Doyle will only end in carnage and tears.
Then again, we could nick it 1-0! ( channelling my inner Hill)

letsallsingtogether

Not about that - And Burnley fans trying to hop on to the clubs post and point score to take a pop at our fans isn’t on either

Most sane people know it was a small minority
I know it was it was just 4 or 5 lads but it was still unacceptable and embarrassing.

Hobo

Good news for Saturday the prolific Cashman is back at the club, if we don’t bring at least one in before Saturday we will lose three one.

Like people were saying we would lose 5-0 at Burnley if we didn't sign a centre half in the week before?

slowpoke

Team selection will be interesting assuming nobody injured or has been signed we will have Panzo and the other new fella added to last weeks squad so which way will Robins go. I thought Dabo had his best game for a while last week and new lad Cuffy looked decent ahead of him. We started four at the back and dominated the half & should have gone in at half time atleast a goal up but again a bit wanting in front of goal. Bit of a dilemma for MR.
Not sure which way he’ll go to be honest.

fernandopartridge

Team selection will be interesting assuming nobody injured or has been signed we will have Panzo and the other new fella added to last weeks squad so which way will Robins go. I thought Dabo had his best game for a while last week and new lad Cuffy looked decent ahead of him. We started four at the back and dominated the half & should have gone in at half time atleast a goal up but again a bit wanting in front of goal. Bit of a dilemma for MR.
Not sure which way he’ll go to be honest.

Personally wouldn't bring Panzo back in as he's been awful of late, thought Rose and Doyle played well and looked balanced too

slowpoke

I like Panzo but I’ve always thought Doyle on his natural left side is the better of the two. Will depend if Robins goes back to three plus wing backs or a flat back four.

Hertsccfc

I'd be surprised if we don't go back to a back three. I think last week was a one off due to the availability of players. It's clearly Robins' favourite formation.

Reactions: AOM

Ashdown

Did many Wrexham fans rock up at Dhillons ?
Not keen on these inconvenient early kick offs, always damage the gate and atmosphere.

Ashdown

Well supported team all round Norwich…… but then comparatively speaking they have been quite successful as a yo yo team and they haven’t got much competition for support from miles around.

AndreasB

Yep. Our ticket sales on the other hand are the worst i've seen it so far this season the day before a game.

Club estimate for tomorrow is 19,500. Feels like core support is circa 17k with only bigger away attendances taking it over 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

I read yesterday that this will be in their top 5 away league attendances in recent years, including the Prem.
Unless they have a massive walk-up thats not correct. One of my work mates is a massive Norwich fan and they sold out every prem away game last season to ST holders only. Most prem teams give 3K.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

As long as he doesn't start singing the Norwich song 'on the ball City' otherwise someone will have to give him a slap..

And sits with Delia Smith.

theferret

Unless they have a massive walk-up thats not correct. One of my work mates is a massive Norwich fan and they sold out every prem away game last season to ST holders only. Most prem teams give 3K.

That's not close to being the case. At Wolves they didn't even have down the side of the pitch, just the corner and that was mostly empty.

pusbccfc

Shite crowd is because the idiots in the marketing team don't realise Norwich should never be a Category A game.

The moment the game was moved to sky they could/should have adapted the prices.

stay_up_skyblues

Shite crowd is because the idiots in the marketing team don't realise Norwich should never be a Category A game.

The moment the game was moved to sky they could/should have adapted the prices.

Yeah. £33 before payday after the longest month of the year is daft, particularly in the current climate.

pusbccfc

Yeah. £33 before payday after the longest month of the year is daft, particularly in the current climate.

The issue is, away fans continue to pay it. If West Brom actually boycotted, it will make them rethink. Unfortunately Sunderland (limited to 3k I hear) and Birmingham will sell it out and the club will do the same next year.

Even the smaller, non-local clubs like Watford and Norwich will have big-ish numbers here.

I bet there is very, very few Coventry fans paying £33/34 tomorrow. Most there will be season ticket holders, match package holders or JSB ticket deals.

stay_up_skyblues

The issue is, away fans continue to pay it. If West Brom actually boycotted, it will make them rethink. Unfortunately Sunderland (limited to 3k I hear) and Birmingham will sell it out and the club will do the same next year.

Even the smaller, non-local clubs like Watford and Norwich will have big-ish numbers here.

I bet there is very, very few Coventry fans paying £33/34 tomorrow. Most there will be season ticket holders, match package holders or JSB ticket deals.

Fair assessment. I suppose in pounds and pence £25 a ticket probably yields the same income if it results in a slight increase in home walk up.

Users who are viewing this thread