Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Just some random figures cos I like maths no point to be made.

Cat A > Cat B = £8 diff, on a walk up of 5k would need 1600 more to break even

Cat A > Cat C = £13 diff, on a 5k walk up would need 3250 more to break even.

Would that happen?

That’s absolute max assuming no U15s or whatever which obviously isn’t accurate so real figures would be a bit less. And by walk up I mean non ST.

stay_up_skyblues

Would that happen?

That’s absolute max assuming no U15s or whatever which obviously isn’t accurate so real figures would be a bit less. And by walk up I mean non ST.

For this particular fixture, at this time of year and with people on their arses financially, I very much doubt it.

Grendel

Would that happen?

you have quoted gross revenue not net

these games are priced for the revenue from away supporters who will always pay the price

shmmeee

you have quoted gross revenue not net

these games are priced for the revenue from away supporters who will always pay the price

Why wouldn’t the extra be pure profit? What’s the extra cost for making a game a different category?

Fair point on the away fans. Would make the figures even worse.

Grendel

Why wouldn’t the extra be pure profit? What’s the extra cost for making a game a different category?

Fair point on the away fans. Would make the figures even worse.

the fact is these categories have purely been designed to anticipated away following - all the 3 rankings have

slowpoke

Yep. Our ticket sales on the other hand are the worst i've seen it so far this season the day before a game.
Not excusing fans but this game is on Sky and £33 a ticket I think at a time three weeks after xmas when funds are tight. Had this been at Norwich we would have sold. 2700 too.
Still think there will be 1700+ there tomorrow.

Ashdown

Stupid pricing for a TV dictated kick off, the fans thought of last as usual.
The Cardiff home game showed the potential of sensible pricing ….

pusbccfc

the fact is these categories have purely been designed to anticipated away following - all the 3 rankings have

Besides Bristol City, Watford and Stoke who didn't/won't sell the end out.

Same with Fulham last year. Must have been the lowest crowd of the season at Category A?

Legia Sky Blue

Pricing is a real difficult balancing act for the club. When the club announced its match prices at the start of the season, Norwich would undoubtedly have been one of the prime matches. We did not know then that the game would be on TV either. It seems for some reason there isn't the capability to amend that pricing structure once the season has started.

Next season is going to prove interesting with a new owner, a new ground deal to be funded, and a support base demanding a continued upward projection, requiring further player investment. I expect as a result that season ticket holders will face a minimum of £400 full price, while I can also envisage there being just the 2 match bands at £25 & £30, and no more £20 matches.

On the other side though I think it would also be a good idea to bring back a community day game with tickets at a maximum of a tenner for one of the more 'unattractive' games against the likes of say Wigan/ Rotherham/ Blackpool. I don't think we have had one this season that I can think of.

Sky Blue Harry H

Norwich had sold 2,600 plus any pay on the day from them - let's say only an extra 100. 13k ST holders. Really don't see a crowd of under 17k. Wouldn't be surprised for nearer 18.5k. Anyway, I'm going (with an extra layer or two !) PUSB!

Tommo1993

Only team to totally outclass us start to finish in the reverse fixture. Gonna be a long, uncomfortable game. 2-0 Norwich.

Kilclines curly mullet

I don’t get the fuss about ticket prices - just have a couple of pints less (any other substance included) on match days.

The club have lowered ticket prices in the past and the increase in attendance is minimal and not worth it.

Sometimes the club can’t win and people will always moan.

Tommo1993

I don’t get the fuss about ticket prices - just have a couple of pints less (any other substance included) on match days.

The club have lowered ticket prices in the past and the increase in attendance is minimal and not worth it.

Many people literally just buy tickets and attend, and don’t bother with overpriced beverages anyway. Can still be a lot on its own for people.

Speedie's Head

Lesson from last week - we need to score early and be in a position to control the end of the match. Oh, and pray that Vik (or anybody) doesn't get hurt.

Adge

Score early and I see us winning. Could be put to the sword if they score first which means we have to attack and that could be the green light for Pukki et al.
Anyway-looking forward to a good game hopefully between 2 decent footballing teams.

lifeskyblue

Presumably there has been a pitch inspection early this morning. I see Walsall have cancelled their game due to frozen pitch.
although Norwich might have turned a corner under Wagner there form like ours hasn’t been great. Hoping for a draw minimum.

itsabuzzard

These 12.30 kick offs are annoying as my bowels don’t open until around then.

Just saying…
Just tape up your trouser bottoms and let nature take it's course in the comfort of your seat, and you won't miss a second. Added bonus of a little extra warmth, offset by an uncomfortable journey home.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Greggs

it's weird cracking a 4 pack of peperami at this early hour.

Ashdown

Spoken like a true season ticket holder

Users who are viewing this thread