Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

We looked like conceding every time Norwich got over the half way line. Should have reverted back to our normal back 5..
We look cheap by playing the same team and formation that ended in defeat last week.
I’m no fan of Wilson but he’s not dropped a clanger like that for awhile.. if we’re playing a defence that’s getting opened up at will, why not blood G.Burroughs and Alabi? At least their our players, instead of Doyle and Panzo

shmmeee

We looked like conceding every time Norwich got over the half way line. Should have reverted back to our normal back 5..
We look cheap by playing the same team and formation that ended in defeat last week.
I’m no fan of Wilson but he’s not dropped a clanger like that for awhile.. if we’re playing a defence that’s getting opened up at will, why not blood G.Burroughs and Alabi? At least their our players, instead of Doyle and Panzo

Because they’re even worse and we’d lose by more and destroy their confidence.

Flying Fokker

Not the worst performance I’ve seen by city. Just another blip on top of our disrupted season /century! Doug needs to back Robins. Both seem to be good at talking and wanting to press forward. I also think that City need to remain pragmatic. No boom or bust spending like Forest, Derby et al.
Every season I see top challengers in this league. The quality shines through. We have seen glimpses of this over the last 2 years in our club. Robins is the man to take us there although he needs a squad with depth of course. Here’s to the future and our journey to the Prem.

Flying Fokker

Don’t worry - Mike Ashley is desperate to buy the club apparently

That desperate he is not willing to shell out and buy it now - Makes me laugh that if he is trying to get the club on the cheap instead of just putting his money where his mouth is people still think he will start throwing millions at us if he ever did get a hold of the club:ROFLMAO:
Source? I’m hoping this happens but Doug may want a part of it.

Flying Fokker

Got schooled today, wank ref, we were wank…robins had his subs stood waiting for ages…summary very wank but few beers and laughs with the lads, finnnn squad.…need to be brutal in the summer

fuck it
Am I right in thinking your life is dominated by what happens in the crotch area?

Seaside-Skyblue

I thought Cuffy looked sluggish today. Was expecting him to be a lot quicker to be honest.
Yeah I know what you mean, although today was the first time I've seen him and I thought he looked really decent, skinned his man a couple of times and got a few tackles in but just seemed to gas out quickly. Looks a promising player IMO and obv very young. He's played Vs Burnley and Norwich so far, I think we'll see him really stand out against lesser quality opposition.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

stupot07

Yeah I know what you mean, although today was the first time I've seen him and I thought he looked really decent, skinned his man a couple of times and got a few tackles in but just seemed to gas out quickly. Looks a promising player IMO and obv very young. He's played Vs Burnley and Norwich so far, I think we'll see him really stand out against lesser quality opposition.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He was awful yesterday, looked nowhere near championship standard.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Balli001

He was awful yesterday, looked nowhere near championship standard.

That is harsh. Defensively i agree he isnt great but going forward he offers way more than Dabo or any other right back we have. At Burnley he looked very promising and turned Maatsen a couple of times to create attacks

stupot07

That is harsh. Defensively i agree he isnt great but going forward he offers way more than Dabo or any other right back we have. At Burnley he looked very promising and turned Maatsen a couple of times to create attacks
He wasn't playing right back. He was playing right wing. He was very poor. Didn't track back, didn't offer much going forward, kept losing the ball, completed just 4 of 8 passes in 66 minutes. Yesterday he was poor and looked out his depth.

Balli001

He wasn't playing right back. He was playing right wing. He was very poor. Didn't track back, didn't offer much going forward, kept losing the ball, completed just 4 of 8 passes in 66 minutes. Yesterday he was poor and looked out his depth.

He crossed the ball for the second goal which is more effective crossed than Dabo all season. Still disagree about yesterday and you are clearly ignoring his performance at Burnley to suit your opinion.

stupot07

He crossed the ball for the second goal which is more effective crossed than Dabo all season. Still disagree about yesterday and you are clearly ignoring his performance at Burnley to suit your opinion.
It wasn't even a good cross. It was behind Vik ho had to take a touch and swivel to hit it. But Palmer scored it in the end.

I didn't ignore Burnley I though he was ok, no more than that, and I was replying about someone's opinion of his performance yesterday against Norwich, in a match thread about Norwich. Yesterday he was awful, and yesterday he looked out of his depth.

Balli001

It wasn't even a good cross. It was behind Vik ho had to take a touch and swivel to hit it. But Palmer scored it in the end.

I didn't ignore Burnley I though he was ok, no more than that, and I was replying about someone's opinion of his performance yesterday against Norwich, in a match thread about Norwich. Yesterday he was awful, and yesterday he looked out of his depth.

In your opinion which i find to be wrong

fernandopartridge

But all of Burnley's attacks in the second half came down our right? The two chances (Wilson saved one and Tella missed the other) and then the chance that led to the corner for the goal. He offered Dabo zero protection.

Grendel

But all of Burnley's attacks in the second half came down our right? The two chances (Wilson saved one and Tella missed the other) and then the chance that led to the corner for the goal. He offered Dabo zero protection.

it was just ridiculous- Dabo had two on him every time and this guy was wandering around the middle of the pitch. Robins - I assume at him - was going ballistic

fernandopartridge

it was just ridiculous- Dabo had two on him every time and this guy was wandering around the middle of the pitch. Robins - I assume at him - was going ballistic
I think his job was to play right wing in attack yet drop in almost as a right wing back / full back when out of possession, with Dabo tucking in a bit. He was nowhere.

stupot07

I think his job was to play right wing in attack yet drop in almost as a right wing back / full back when out of possession, with Dabo tucking in a bit. He was nowhere.
You look at his bio on the Arsenal website and it say he is a right back you can play right centre back in a back three. And we're playing him as a right winger.
2741aa58e35df4567d64ffb75eb14dc6.jpg

Johnnythespider

If by Dabo tucking in a bit you mean moving across to the penalty spot I agree, I'm not saying Cuffey didn't drop back as he should have but Dabo's positioning has been poor for a long time

shmmeee

He started at wing back and we went to a back four after the break for Doyle’s injury. Check the lineup post from the club, says he’s part of a back five.

stupot07

He started at wing back and we went to a back four after the break for Doyle’s injury. Check the lineup post from the club, says he’s part of a back five.
Robins was asked about it in the post match interview and said on the radio we were playing with a back 4 just like we did against Burnley.

If we were playing a back 5 and he was wing back then that makes his performance even worse.

Grendel

If that was a back four Dabos performance was even worse than I thought.

dont get that logic. It’s I assume a flat 4 midfield - Dabo was exposed time and time again - he had two players bearing down on him and his right side cover was ambling around the pitch nowhere near where he was supposed to be

they sussed out Cuffey was a huge weakness and exposed it

if that’s him as a wing back god help us

skyblueeyesrevisited

We lacked bite all over the pitch. I can barely remember anyone making a successful tackle all game. We desperately need an old school centre back and a centre mid with a mean streak.

shmmeee

dont get that logic. It’s I assume a flat 4 midfield - Dabo was exposed time and time again - he had two players bearing down on him and his right side cover was ambling around the pitch nowhere near where he was supposed to be

they sussed out Cuffey was a huge weakness and exposed it

if that’s him as a wing back god help us

Dabo was playing in the position of a RCB not a RB, Norton Cuffy was playing like a shit wing back. If he was a winger then so was Jamie Allen on the left and fuck knows what he was playing at.

Grendel

Dabo was playing in the position of a RCB not a RB, Norton Cuffy was playing like a shit wing back. If he was a winger then so was Jamie Allen on the left and fuck knows what he was playing at.

Robins said in his post match we played the same formation as against Burnley

stupot07

Dabo is getting a bit of a get out of jail free card because some are really wanting to put the boot in on BNC.

In my opinion they were both absolutely dreadful regardless.
I completely agree. Both Dabo and BNC were truly awful yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread