Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Reading Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Apr (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

So?

Neither are personal or offensive and are just my judgement. I like Sheaf a lot but feel Eccles is more talented.

Robins did drop Bidwell after that West Brom match, exactly as I had expected. It was one of the worst individual performances of the season. He was also poor against Blackburn although good at QPR. I judge players' performance on how they play in a match not whether or not I like them.

So?

Neither are personal or offensive and are just my judgement. I like Sheaf a lot but feel Eccles is more talented.

Robins did drop Bidwell after that West Brom match, exactly as I had expected. It was one of the worst individual performances of the season. He was also poor against Blackburn although good at QPR. I judge players' performance on how they play in a match not whether or not I like them.

'Eccles more talented than Sheaf' 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Alexa show me the worst CCFC opinion ever

Grendel

So?

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

Matt smith

Some interesting games, a win might not put us into the top six (well except for a few hours) but West Brom and Blackburn winning probably knocks Sunderland and Preston out of the race. Gonna add a worst win as well:

Other games:

Norwich v Swansea
Wigan v Millwall
Preston
v Blackburn (5:30)
WBA v Sunderland (Sun)

Best:
Us, Swansea and Wigan win, others draw

5 CCFC 66 P44 +10
6 Millwall 65 P44 +7
7 Blackburn 65 P43 -2
8 WBA 64 P43 +9
9 Sunderland 63 P44 +9
10 Preston 63 P44 -8
11 Norwich 62 P44 +7

Worst Win:

5 Millwall 68 P44 +9
6 Blackburn 67 P43 -1
7 WBA 66 P43 +10
8 CCFC 66 P44 +10
9 Norwich 65 P44 +7
10 Sunderland 63 P44 +8
11 Preston 63 P44 -9

Worst Possible Weekend:

5 Millwall 68 P44 +9
6 Blackburn 67 P43 -1
7 WBA 66 P43 +10
8 Norwich 64 P44 +9
9 CCFC 63 P44 +8
10 Sunderland 62 P44 +8
11 Watford 62 P44 +3
12 Preston 62 P44 -9
13 Swansea 59 P44 -1
👏

Evo1883

Eccles is a good player , his biggest problem is he's a bit of a fanny at times and backs out , and he's too slow or ponderous to make decisions in key areas , something which sheaf himself was guilty of when he started out in the team ... I don't think Eccles is as good as sheaf though and probably never will be but you never know

All I know is that he can fill in while sheafs injured and we will be fine ( as results showed )

Evo1883

Looking at sales , it's not far fetched ro suggest all available tickets (blue dots)currently on the seating plan will be sold by 3pm tomorrow

SleepyGinger

Robins said Allen is training this week and it’s down to his pain management. Sheaf feeling pain in his quad (not the one he had previous issues with) and is having a scan today.

mmttww

Looking at sales , it's not far fetched ro suggest all available tickets (blue dots)currently on the seating plan will be sold by 3pm tomorrow
Yeah, all open blocks for sale in advance will be full bar a few singles. Blues game looks as busy now as Stoke did a few days before. Players need to f*cking turn up; people are backing them.

Skyblue_CP

Certainly looking that way, if not sold tonight when people get back from work etc. What’s the craic with block 31? Can that be opened if necessary.

Hertsccfc

Eccles is a good player , his biggest problem is he's a bit of a fanny at times and backs out , and he's too slow or ponderous to make decisions in key areas , something which sheaf himself was guilty of when he started out in the team ... I don't think Eccles is as good as sheaf though and probably never will be but you never know

All I know is that he can fill in while sheafs injured and we will be fine ( as results showed )
I actually said that Sheaf was the better player at the moment but is few years ahead of Eccles in development and I feel Eccles may go on to be the better player.

Back to NW's comment on nuance, fair play for your comment.

Paxman II

I thought Carroll is available? Suspension kicks in the next game? Could be wrong.

We go into this eyes wide open and regardless of who starts, we must surely have enough against Reading. They are fighting for their survival, so it's no easy game you suspect. If we get one early, it's all over.

mark82

I thought Carroll is available? Suspension kicks in the next game? Could be wrong.

We go into this eyes wide open and regardless of who starts, we must surely have enough against Reading. They are fighting for their survival, so it's no easy game you suspect. If we get one early, it's all over.

Nope, suspended for this game.

PVA

I can see them scoring a scrappy early goal and then just sitting back as we struggle to break them down, until we equalise late on.

That or we win 4-0.

blunted

Not true. Off the top of my head, I was one of the first posters to defend Sheaf from ridiculous criticism; Bidwell early this season; O'Hare in relation to the burden accusation; Godden consistently; Walker; Palmer; Hamer of course throughout and even Wilson. There are others I am sure.
There are saddos on here who will criticise players if things are not going well or we are not winning during a match. There has to be a scapegoat. What is criminal is when it is aimed at players making their way in the game who inevitably will make mistakes. can't think of a player who hasn't come in for they are shit and should be substituted, even our very best and most consistent players. The real saddos are those who pick on one particular player and will never accept that they have some redeeming features. Interestingly, MR singled out Fadz who was culpable for the first goal against Watford and the Blackburn goal

M&B Stand

I can see them scoring a scrappy early goal and then just sitting back as we struggle to break them down, until we equalise late on.

That or we win 4-0.
Nah that was Wednesday you must’ve missed it. We all went crackers behind the goal

sotvtoday

Bickering going well the day before a game where if we win we have a chance of putting ourselves in pole position for the playoffs after being bottom after a fair few games at the start.
Can't wait to read the crap tomorrow if we don't get 3 points.
Wonder which of those players who have over-achieved almost the whole season get slagged off by all the so-called experts.

rexo87

Why would suspension be 2 games after the game you get sent off in?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MatthewWallis

Why would suspension be 2 games after the game you get sent off in?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I’m sure there used to be some rule where the suspension started 7 days after you got sent off. Don’t know if I’ve imagined that

bigfatronssba

Sold more now than an hour before kick off against Stoke. Can see it selling out if they don’t offer more blocks.

What happens with that socially distanced block if it’s the only available area left? Surely they wouldn’t turn people away?

Sky Blue Harry H

17 posts on the Reading forum match thread - we'd have had more for a pre-season friendly. Very odd fanbase.

Users who are viewing this thread