Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 1st Apr (3 Viewers)

stupot07

Worst possible camera angle.
Normally yes, but with the halfway line given the ball has already left the passers foot you can see he was very likely onside and actually in his out half when the pass was made. Linesman is in line and now miles behind play as we'd initially thought in real time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Stoke looked like a different team to the one we played at their place, Vik and Gus being off their game only proved how reliant we are on them, while it's not season over yet due to the other results today, this was one of the games we would have been expecting to take points from, if as I expect we don't make the playoffs there is a big summer ahead and some big decisions to make.

Flying Fokker

So,

I’m sorry to admit I haven’t been to many games. Various reasons. Last 3 games. 0-3, 2-4, 0-4

I guess I need a season ticket if I’m to see us win?

ccfc1234

Just seen the highlights I know camera angles can be deceptive but who was playing the forward on for their second goal. I was behind the goal so was hard to tell.

Bad Boy

Horrible to watch from start to finish. First time I've ever thought I wish there wasn't still 40 minutes to go, I really wanted to go home. It was a chastening experience this afternoon for everyone sky blue.

pusbccfc

Commentator on EFL highlights making it clear that he thought it was offside.

fernandopartridge

The past 10 games.

Godden's last 6 starts - 4 draws, 1 loss, 1 win.

Last 4 games he didn't start - 4 wins.

Moment Allen is back, it must go back to a 5 in midfield.
We have no fluidity when he plays, I think he could still be useful for us when we're chasing a goal but just do not see it with him from the start. Hadn't realised the stats supported my opinion to such an extent.

slowpoke

[/QUOTE]
It’s just a bad day at the office, it happens.
We have no fluidity when he plays, I think he could still be useful for us when we're chasing a goal but just do not see it with him from the start. Hadn't realised the stats supported my opinion to such an extent.
I’m sure a new striker is on Robins shopping list, no good bellyaching about Godden, with Palmer & O’Hare and Allen for that matter out there’s not of choice, Walker not a lot different imo, lot of moaning before Christmas about Waghorn but he was an alternative and good to have on the bench which isn’t strong or experienced enough, it’s like a youth club.

skyblue025

An appalling display. Not a single one of our players won their individual battle against their opponent. We were lucky it was only 4.
People will say we are still in the play off mix but on that performance we will be lucky to finish top half. Let's hope it was a bad day at the office that is put right at Swansea.

letsallsingtogether

Did the attendance come up yesterday never saw it?
What was it?

fernandopartridge

Looking back a bit more rationally, despite the terrible first half we really should have got it back to 2-2 but then got caught to an inevitable breakaway goal. Some of the reactions have been a bit over the top about the players' effort.

CCFCSteve

Looking back a bit more rationally, despite the terrible first half we really should have got it back to 2-2 but then got caught to an inevitable breakaway goal. Some of the reactions have been a bit over the top about the players' effort.

Think it was more the sluggish start that upset fans. We could’ve easily been 3-4 down at HT. Second half we gave it a go. Sheaf was stand out. Couple have missed half chances and they scored on break as you say. If we’d got one at 2-0 could’ve been interesting but over the 90mins we got what we deserved

Offhegoes

Think it was more the sluggish start that upset fans. We could’ve easily been 3-4 down at HT. Second half we gave it a go. Sheaf was stand out. Couple have missed half chances and they scored on break as you say. If we’d got one at 2-0 could’ve been interesting but over the 90mins we got what we deserved
Yep, Vik had a long ranger, and a shot that the keeper scrambled back for at 0-2 down, + Dabo's curling effort. If one of those had gone in it would of changed the game. Stoke would of sat back and defended their lead.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Taken from a Stoke vlog. Dabo got it horribly wrong. His starting position was actually spot on. Last man back, sees the danger and is tracking their striker's run. But then he just decides to stop. What makes it worse is that he stops just in our half. If he'd stopped in their half, he'd have got away with it.

1680528125687.png

1680527853201.png

skyblue025

Taken from a Stoke vlog. Dabo got it horribly wrong. His starting position was actually spot on. Last man back, sees the danger and is tracking their striker's run. But then he just decides to stop. What makes it worse is that he stops just in our half. If he'd stopped in their half, he'd have got away with it.

View attachment 28935

View attachment 28934
It's split second stuff. If the right back plays the ball 1\2 second later he would of been well off and we would be praising Dabo for stepping out perfectly. As it was he looked a mug.
The worrying thing is it isn't the first time we have been caught out from our own set piece this season and conceded.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Tactically very clever from Stoke today. Pulled our wing backs high, isolated their wide strikers against our centre backs, then Powell would drop and bring Fadz with him. Caused absolute havoc.

Our defence is also reliant on Sheaf, Eccles and Hamer to help to break down play. With exception of the brief 15-20 minute spell in the second half our midfield was totally dominated and bypassed.

Grendel

It's split second stuff. If the right back plays the ball 1\2 second later he would of been well off and we would be praising Dabo for stepping out perfectly. As it was he looked a mug.
The worrying thing is it isn't the first time we have been caught out from our own set piece this season and conceded.

Dabo knew he had no pace and just gambled - it was pathetic

Evo1883

let's do the last 10 games with and without Ben sheaf

You will soon realise your opinion of the stats are pure bias

Are we better with Sheaf? Sure

But I think we've won 2 lost 5 of the last 10 sheafs started

We lost 0 of the 7 games he didn't feature in recently

Last edited:

Julie SBA

View attachment 28935

View attachment 28934

We all make mistakes, the one thing that bothers me is that there is zero attempt to try and get back. Yeah the guy is quick and long gone but if the keeper makes a 1 on 1 save... Dabo should be there to clean up or at least add some sort of pressure. Standing with your arm in the air is not defending. play to the whistle and all that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

let's do the last 10 games with and without Ben sheaf

You will soon realise your opinion of the stats are pure bias

Are we better with Sheaf? Sure

But I think we've won 2 lost 5 of the last 10 sheafs started

We lost 0 of the 7 games he didn't feature in recently

He was absolutely terrible against Stoke yet people are putting him down as man of the match, which I don't quite understand.

He went on a few runs in the second half, which came to nothing, but was an absolute passenger for most of the game, especially the first half. Granted no one really gets any credit, but there is still something with Sheaf that I admit I am not seeing when he plays. At least not at the frequency that some other fans do.

Saddlebrains

He was absolutely terrible against Stoke yet people are putting him down as man of the match, which I don't quite understand.

He went on a few runs in the second half, which came to nothing, but was an absolute passenger for most of the game, especially the first half. Granted no one really gets any credit, but there is still something with Sheaf that I admit I am not seeing when he plays. At least not at the frequency that some other fans do.

He was shit

But if you cant see what Sheaf does then i dont think footballs your strongest subject

He is one of the best in the league at winning tackles, pivoting and getting moves started, doing the dirty work so Gus can be creative, ( Hamer is a better player with Sheaf next to him) always offers an out ball for the centre halves, i could go on

Users who are viewing this thread