Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Watford Match Thread - Monday 10th Apr (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

He will have watched replays before being interviewed, as he knows he's going to get asked about it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
and what he says to sky and what he says to the ref are 2 very different things

robbiethemole

I was gonna post at half-time but the wifi went off, but we were crap first half and I was getting fucking soaked sitting there. However, the second half filled me with excitement and there was only one team looking to win and they don't play in yellow!!
Keith fucking Stroud was back to his usual shitty, picky useless self and we were denied a match winning chance.
Onwards to dodgy QPR still in with a shout PUSB

Great_Expectations

Ridiculous missed penalties aside, another bizarre moment was the booking of Eccles. Apparently it was dissent but from what I could see all he basically did was tell the Watford player to get up.

How is that dissent?!

Although I appreciate I may have missed something?

Great_Expectations

The shift in momentum after Godden's goal was incredible. They were toying with us up until that point yet we've come away disappointed not to win. Bloody football eh!?

Both BNC & JWE are very talented kids but we have to remember that they're just that, kids. Their decision making & positional play at times is way off but that final 30mins or so shows what real assets they can be too.

Sheaf was brilliant as usual & special mention for Eccles who had an excellent 2nd half.

To add to the ‘just kids’ point, it’s also evident -and understandable - they’re very much confidence players.

They both improved second half in line with the team and the fans.

Saying that, today was the first time I’ve seen BNC offer anything remotely like a threat. Hopefully it’s the start of some decent form.

JWE seems the most naturally talented offensively, but a) he’s horrendous defensively and b) it’s a shame we’re his first taste of men’s football, I think he’ll be better wherever he ends up next season after some proper experience this year.

Nick

Administrator
Ridiculous missed penalties aside, another bizarre moment was the booking of Eccles. Apparently it was dissent but from what I could see all he basically did was tell the Watford player to get up.

How is that dissent?!

Although I appreciate I may have missed something?
Didn't he change it to McNally?

SBT

JWE seems the most naturally talented offensively, but a) he’s horrendous defensively and b) it’s a shame we’re his first taste of men’s football, I think he’ll be better wherever he ends up next season after some proper experience this year.
He definitely has some obvious qualities, but like Maatsen early last season, it was always going to take some time for him get comfortable and he looks overmatched a lot of the time. If we’d bought him in over the summer then it could have worked out, but as it is we’re going to be sending him back to Man City just as he gets up to speed.

Offhegoes

Strange game. We were exposed almost every time Watford attacked (including 2nd half) but competed well and our midfield got on top. You can see how badly we miss O’Hare, Palmer and Allen. What a freaking amazing finish from Godden. Matty has been getting some criticism whilst playing out of position, but no-one else in our team is scoring.that goal..
Wilson-Esbrand is a winger, plain and simple. Thought he was fantastic going forward but a liability defensively..
We are suffering in the dip in form from tMcNally, and Fadz has been shit since the Wigan game. Robins’s non use of the bench speaks volumes about their futures (Walker, McGuire, Dabo).

CCFC54321

The shift in momentum after Godden's goal was incredible. They were toying with us up until that point yet we've come away disappointed not to win. Bloody football eh!?

Both BNC & JWE are very talented kids but we have to remember that they're just that, kids. Their decision making & positional play at times is way off but that final 30mins or so shows what real assets they can be too.

Sheaf was brilliant as usual & special mention for Eccles who had an excellent 2nd half.
Half time I’d have paid a taxi to send them both back.

After the final whistle I’d be looking to bring them back next season! Never seen such a turnaround. Is Robins doing what he did with gyokeres with a try before we buy with these two?

OldBedrocker

Left my phone at home so couldn’t comment during the game. Cba to read all the posts. Shit 1st half reminiscent of the Stoke game. Much better 2nd half 100% penalty for the foul on Cuffy (watched again on Sky even more convinced). Gyokeres should’ve passed to Hamer at 2-2 . Why do we start games so feckin shite?

skyblue025

We keep missing the chance to get closer to the playoffs. Watford have some amazing players but don't play as a team. Pedro was the best player on the pitch technically.
Just can't see us doing it. We need to finish the season better than 5 or 6 other teams. The Championship has been poor this year and probably won't be this bad again for a long time. Seems an age since we won a home game.

Astute

We keep missing the chance to get closer to the playoffs. Watford have some amazing players but don't play as a team. Pedro was the best player on the pitch technically.
Just can't see us doing it. We need to finish the season better than 5 or 6 other teams. The Championship has been poor this year and probably won't be this bad again for a long time. Seems an age since we won a home game.
It's the silly time of the season. Players are knackered after a long, hard season. The pitches are heavier because of the weather for the last few months. Injuries and taking their toll. Manager sackings galore.

We've only lost 1 game in the last 12. The problem is that not won in the last 3. But it's still a great run. 3 points off 5th with the advantageous GD.

A team normally comes out of the pack to get a place in the playoffs. Still no reason why it shouldn't be us. We just need to make the draws become wins.

clint van damme

It's the silly time of the season. Players are knackered after a long, hard season. The pitches are heavier because of the weather for the last few months. Injuries and taking their toll. Manager sackings galore.

We've only lost 1 game in the last 12. The problem is that not won in the last 3. But it's still a great run. 3 points off 5th with the advantageous GD.

A team normally comes out of the pack to get a place in the playoffs. Still no reason why it shouldn't be us. We just need to make the draws become wins.

Unfortunately, that team is looking likely to be Preston but we're still in with a chance.

pusbccfc

It's a shame really. 2 draws and a loss since last Friday. If you had told us we would still be 3 off you'd have laughed.

I said at the time on Friday, Swansea was a poor result and it looks that way now. Winnable and we gave up.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a shame really. 2 draws and a loss since last Friday. If you had told us we would still be 3 off you'd have laughed.

I said at the time on Friday, Swansea was a poor result and it looks that way now. Winnable and we gave up.

Well no it’s just clear that missing O’Hare, Palmer and Allen is too much for this group. Forcing us to go lighter in midfield which means we see less of the ball and are relying on about 3 players to be on form to get a result.

Two seasons on the spin we should have made the top 6 and we’ll miss out because the previous owners had given up on the club. Cash in on Gyo this summer and use the proceeds to build a proper squad

Users who are viewing this thread