Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (1 Viewer)

Buno74

Very fair post
You've retained a lot of decent players and with Dewsbury-Hall have one of the best in the division. For me you need to keep Iniacho(sp) and defensively you need some pace but you've recruited well , hopefully we both get automatically promoted question is whether you'll be happy with runner ups 😁
I’ll take runners up now!! Season over. Let’s all go down the pub!!!😉👍

SkyblueTexan

Loss was harsh on us. Would’ve taken a draw before the match, but considering how we played and the number of missed gilt-edged chances, I’m gutted to lose that. Palmer had 1 in the first half, Simms had 1 in the second and Godden could’ve scored a couple. When you don’t put those away, doesn’t matter if it’s against a top team or any team you just leave the door open for the opposition. In the end we ran out of gas and poor substitutions cost us. We need to beat Boro next week, get back on track and keep pace.

Reactions: vow

slowpoke

Night to reflect, not down cast at all no one likes to lose especially with the chances we created. Going to take nine or ten games for us to gel properly and I suspect our first choice eleven could be a bit different to yesterdays.
Defence sound and largely safe, strikers although missing excellent chances at least got into those dangerous positions to miss I’m confident they we progress in that department.
Midfield for me is the area that needs to be a lot better than it was yesterday, individually okay but collectively not good enough, it’s the engine room and with or without Hamer imo needs working on, not sure if the answer is within the club.

FilbertCov

Leicester fan in peace. Unlucky yesterday, on another day you could have won that with your chances. You coped well with our quality in the first half and frustrated us for 30 mins in the second. Surprised how many chances we gave away to you and in all honesty if we were playing a Prem team we’d have conceded a lot yesterday. Was pleased we got the win though considering we have a new style of playing with not a lot of practice to implement so pretty sure we’ll get much stronger and hope to see you with us near the top come May.

Mcbean

I thought we looked pretty impressive- Wright was so close ! Not downhearted at all - we have always missed chances so nothing new - this lot are going to be brilliant when they have had had a few more games together - as ever Hamer is an art form and we need to keep him

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I was a bit worried the staring line-up may have been a little too conservative and was relying heavily on us not conceding for the first hour, but MR does seem to have a knack of making sure the team could do that. We looked solid defensively but attacking wise we were lacking a bit, and missed chances, but I think that'll come.

They targeted Eccles early on but he coped well with help from Thomas and we looked the more dangerous as the game went on until the subs. Hamer was the big difference but that was necessary, and I'm not sure how well Kelly can fill in nowadays. Eccles was knackered himself so couldn't move across. MVE was playing too high when he replaced Eccles and I'd have preferred Simms to have been playing with Wright.

Disappointing to lose, but against one of the better teams we looked a match for them so lots of positives to take forward.

djr8369

Was going to mention this stat. One of our biggest issues the last couple of season was having plenty of shots but not creating enough big chances. This is very promising.

Also, the game was just repeated on sky so I watched the last 30 mins again. Sure, the game changed after the subs but we were still pretty decent. Wright was unlucky, and showed his huge potential in the build up to his chance, can’t believe Godden didn’t bury the follow up. Sheaf a bit sloppy losing D-H for the winner and also giving the ball away for a good chance a couple of mins before.

Saka and MVE will take time to bed in but were lively.

Hertsccfc

I was a bit worried the staring line-up may have been a little too conservative and was relying heavily on us not conceding for the first hour, but MR does seem to have a knack of making sure the team could do that. We looked solid defensively but attacking wise we were lacking a bit, and missed chances, but I think that'll come.

They targeted Eccles early on but he coped well with help from Thomas and we looked the more dangerous as the game went on until the subs. Hamer was the big difference but that was necessary, and I'm not sure how well Kelly can fill in nowadays. Eccles was knackered himself so couldn't move across. MVE was playing too high when he replaced Eccles and I'd have preferred Simms to have been playing with Wright.

Disappointing to lose, but against one of the better teams we looked a match for them so lots of positives to take forward.
I really don't know what Kelly did wrong. I thought he was fine. Of course he isn't Hamer but it wasn't his fault that we lost. MvE was the change that caused problems. He obviously wasn't ready.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I really don't know what Kelly did wrong. I thought he was fine. Of course he isn't Hamer but it wasn't his fault that we lost. MvE was the change that caused problems. He obviously wasn't ready.
Not blaming Kelly at all but as you say Hamer is Hamer, Kelly is Kelly. It was clearly going to change momentum in their favour.

procdoc

It’s actually easier for Kelly to start games rather than come on as sub. He’s rarely effective coming on in the last 15/20 mins

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is there anywhere I can rewatch the match?

There is an extended highlights video up on YouTube:

That run from Wright was even better than I remembered it. Also, the cross for their first goal from Praet was really good. We have been missing that kind of quality. I think Dabo only managed something like that about three times in the entire four years he was with us.

Godden chances are difficult to watch, but I think they missed one of them out, as they did with the Simms chance directly after half time. Their second goal also exposes Sheaf quite badly. Just a frustrating day really. We weren't bad at all.

covcity4life

There is an extended highlights video up on YouTube:

That run from Wright was even better than I remembered it. Also, the cross for their first goal from Praet was really good. We have been missing that kind of quality. I think Dabo only managed something like that about three times in the entire four years he was with us.

Godden chances are difficult to watch, but I think they missed one of them out, as they did with the Simms chance directly after half time. Their second goal also exposes Sheaf quite badly. Just a frustrating day really. We weren't bad at all.

Thomas or mVE should have taken a yellow by foul mavididi in build up to first goal the more I see it

shmmeee

Just started watching but love how in the tunnel before the game it sounds like a City game 😂

shmmeee

Yeah some poor defending there. Dasilva a couple of times, Thomas, Sheaf when he points a player to go mark soace with someone already there then leaves his man. All stuff that can be worked out in training once people understand each other. Wright so unlucky. Don’t think from that Godden has a bad game, chances were either not that easy or well saved.

covcity4life

Yeah some poor defending there. Dasilva a couple of times, Thomas, Sheaf when he points a player to go mark soace with someone already there then leaves his man. All stuff that can be worked out in training once people understand each other. Wright so unlucky. Don’t think from that Godden has a bad game, chances were either not that easy or well saved.
How was sakamoto at wing back?

Rodders1

Slept on the result and feeling positive and frustrated at the same time for obvious reasons.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Simms and Wright play together. Thomas decent. Sakamoto looked tidy when on. Eccles great. Hoping the Dutch lad settles down a bit after a few games (sure he will). Gutted for Godden and we know he will be kicking himself with a couple of the chances.

You just have to laugh at Simms debut - genuinely think he’ll come good but my god that shot just after halftime was something else.

I live and work in Leicestershire and all the foxes fans I know agree they got away with one yesterday. Typing that still pisses me off.

baldy

Loss was harsh on us. Would’ve taken a draw before the match, but considering how we played and the number of missed gilt-edged chances, I’m gutted to lose that. Palmer had 1 in the first half, Simms had 1 in the second and Godden could’ve scored a couple. When you don’t put those away, doesn’t matter if it’s against a top team or any team you just leave the door open for the opposition. In the end we ran out of gas and poor substitutions cost us. We need to beat Boro next week, get back on track and keep pace.

Keep pace? There’s only 1 match gone ffs

blunted

Like everyone else I thought Thomas looked really good but, he let Vardy get ahead of him for his chance and was culpable for their first goal which changed the match. Must do better in these crucial moments. They got to the line too often down our left, McAteer had acres of space and their best chance in the first half. Their first goal came from a cross that we have to cut out. Need to tighten up down that side. Godden has been crucified by some on social media. However two shots were good saves, one skidded past the post and the other was awful. I would be worried if he was not in the right place to get off shots. His general play and movement was excellent. He set up a great chance for Palmer that was deflected by a brilliant stop by Winks. Simms looked lost in the first half, very good in the second. Hadji looked a handful and did not realise his shot was tipped onto the post. We were a man down in midfield and it showed at times against class players. Kelly didn't let the side down, as usual, but he is not Hamer. Eccles was brilliant as was Ben Wilson (no chance with the goals). Milan looked like a rabbit in the headlights and hopefully it was down to nerves and a new club and country. Sheaf was great on the ball but was beaten for pace on several occasions.

stupot07

Should really have buried this. It looks even worse on the City Unseen.
df1898ab715b045eb816b671e7927d57.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread