Match Thread ⚽️ Leicester City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 6th Aug (2 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hamer going off cost us that game.
Poor decision by MR
Other than that we were ok

Mark Robins said after the game Gus Hamer was feeling his calf muscles and didn't want to risk an injury.

Plus Gus hasn't training much per season, so isn't fully match fit yet.

SkyBlueAussie

To be fair to Godden didn’t at least 2 of his chances fall to his weaker foot ?
I would rest Hamer on Wednesday and maybe also Fadz if we can. We need them for Boro.
Mate, when you were 15 maybe, did it occur to you that, when shooting with your weaker foot, you were likely to whack it at the goalie, at around his height of diving. The first thing you adapt is either 'toe poke' it to other corner or feign and get it on your best foot. The guys in his mid twenties mate.

David O'Day

Mate, when you were 15 maybe, did it occur to you that, when shooting with your weaker foot, you were likely to whack it at the goalie, at around his height of diving. The first thing you adapt is either 'toe poke' it to other corner or feign and get it on your best foot. The guys in his mid twenties mate.
Godden?

shmmeee

We need a centre midfielder more than a centre back

Yep, Bidwell, even Sheaf Howley and Eccles can all fill in in a pinch, or we go to four at the back. Lose Hamer and we have no creativity and drive, let alone goals and assists from any of those coming in.

Need a proper box to box midfielder we can blood this season on the assumption Gus is going next year. There will be plenty of games he’ll be needed and gives us options of going three in the middle or more attacking if we need it during a game.

Jamesimus

Yep, Bidwell, even Sheaf Howley and Eccles can all fill in in a pinch, or we go to four at the back. Loose Hamer and we have no creativity and drive, let alone goals and assists from any of those coming in.

Need a proper box to box midfielder we can blood this season on the assumption Gus is going next year. There will be plenty of games he’ll be needed and gives us options of going three in the middle or more attacking if we need it during a game.

This. A creative passer who isn't interested in possession stats but can also tackle and run and shoot and do set pieces.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, Bidwell, even Sheaf Howley and Eccles can all fill in in a pinch, or we go to four at the back. Lose Hamer and we have no creativity and drive, let alone goals and assists from any of those coming in.

The question is, do the club agree?

Matt smith

Completely agree

rexo87

Just said this in another thread. Completely agree. I'd say it's more important than another CB or ST

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I suppose when Allen is back he might play that deeper role

I think another midfielder is really important

puke GIF

covcity4life

Had time to reflect and I'm optimistic for the season

Today we played with 2 positions where we have upgrades(on paper) ready to go

Yet we still should have best Leicester away. Whilst I don't think godden should start of he did start every game you still expect him to score 15 or so this season.

So even if robins never starts what we think is strongest side we should still expect a promotion chasing seaosn

Exciting times

Sky Blue Pete

Had time to reflect and I'm optimistic for the season

Today we played with 2 positions where we have upgrades(on paper) ready to go

Yet we still should have best Leicester away. Whilst I don't think godden should start of he did start every game you still expect him to score 15 or so this season.

So even if robins never starts what we think is strongest side we should still expect a promotion chasing seaosn

Exciting times
Eccles bested mve today

Users who are viewing this thread