Match Thread ⚽️ Luton Town vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 14th Sep (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

We should of beaten them at our place last season but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Shit team to watch who hoof it too the big gallute up front. We struggled to deal with him in both games last season. Will lose again unless we can sort him out.

Kilclines curly mullet

If the team that played the first 30mins against Millwall turn up I can see a sneaky win

If the team who turned up in the first half against Hull and the full 90 against Norwich we will get hammered.

The annoying thing about being a Cov fan is that we simply don’t know which one it will be

Either way, I just hope that last years mauling is fresh in the memory and it acts as a motivator because if we put the effort in against Luton the same as Norwich we may as well not bother turning up.

Last year we applauded the team off despite losing 5-0. I fear for the reaction if we get another beating.

Sick Boy

We should of beaten them at our place last season but couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Shit team to watch who hoof it too the big gallute up front. We struggled to deal with him in both games last season. Will lose again unless we can sort him out.
Ahhh yes....yet another team derided as being shit, despite having had the better of us for a good while now.

shmmeee

All depends on where the players heads are at. If as a group they’ve pulled themselves out the current funk and want a bit of revenge for last season we might be OK, if not we might get overrun. As such id keep with the raw talent and not worry too much about form.

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Györkeres Godden

S: Wilson, Panzo, Eccles, Allen, Waghorn, Walker, Tavares

Irish Sky Blue

A smart little stadium is Kenilworth Road for those who have never been.
Both my son and I are 5’ 9” , so hardly giants. We tried to sit down at half time last year but couldn’t fit our knees in because the seats in front were so close. I know very few people sit in the away end of a ground but surely if they go to the bother of fitting seats, you’d think they would make sure they are useable for adults as well as children.

Tommo1993

Had no idea ‘smart’ was synonymous to ‘death trap’. Look at me learning on a Sunday.

Sky Blue Harry H

Both my son and I are 5’ 9” , so hardly giants. We tried to sit down at half time last year but couldn’t fit our knees in because the seats in front were so close. I know very few people sit in the away end of a ground but surely if they go to the bother of fitting seats, you’d think they would make sure they are useable for adults as well as children.

The worst seats I ever had the misfortune to come across were at the old Baseball Ground. Have vivid memories of my shins scraping across the back of the seats in front. It was as if they had been designed for 10 year olds (and skinny ones at that)

Mcbean

Err at the risk of tomatoes the seats at Northampton were also awful , I couldnt sit straight ( often an accusation ) but I tell thee it’s the truth

robbiethemole

Peterborough in the stand nearest the away end were feckin awful, narrow, splintered wooden seats.
At the moment, I’m feeling a total disconnect with this season with all the crap off field and postponements, a shame because I was buzzing before the start of the season, having son, sil, and grandsons all coming to games.
Hopefully a couple of wins will restore some enthusiasm soon

Offhegoes

Horrible team, and an even worse manager. Small, mouthy Welshman constantly on at the officials. I think he still hates us after we won there during the League 2 season. We have to really up for this, in terms of the physicality that Luton will throw at us. If we can deal with that, and earn the right to play our game we could and should win. However everyone knows what happened last season.

Sick Boy

Horrible team, and an even worse manager. Small, mouthy Welshman constantly on at the officials. I think he still hates us after we won there during the League 2 season. We have to really up for this, in terms of the physicality that Luton will throw at us. If we can deal with that, and earn the right to play our game we could and should win. However everyone knows what happened last season.
When was the last time we beat them?
Oh yes, it was that game away during the League 2 season.
We haven’t beaten them in something like 6 or 7 games now - the arrogance of some of our fans is off the scale.

edgy

Think we'll need something to go in our favour to get anything.

Early red card
Soft penalty
GK howler
OG

Failing which, another loss and probably by 2 or 3 goals.

lord_garrincha

Early red card
Soft penalty
GK howler
OG

The three goals being...

1. Early red card &
Soft penalty
2. GK howler
3. OG

KersleyDigs

Early red card
Soft penalty
GK howler
OG

Every team we play get AT LEAST one of these when they play us!

Users who are viewing this thread