Match Thread ⚽️ Luton Town vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 14th Sep (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

I suppose if you said we'd played 5 away games and draw 2 and lost 3, it would be a bit shit but not completely and utterly manure. Perhaps the lack of home games skews it a bit.

And I might be clutching at straws here, but we're still not as fit and sharp as the other teams due to the pitch fiasco.

Also worth noting that only Fadz was a regular starter out of the back 5 and keeper for most of last season (the first half of the season especially), so a lot of change in that back-line.

shmmeee

On about the 6th replay yes it certainly looked it.

Even the Luton commentator (who was about as one sided as I've heard) said it was impossible to tell on the first 4 angles he'd seen of it but then changed his tune to "blatant, stonewall having seen it from behind the goal"... I'm not sure what people think referees eyes are made of?

Was the distance his body was from the ground for me. But yeah can’t blame the red first time at full speed.

Grendel

I need to know quite how bad Palmer and Waghorn are in training.

Palmer is awful. He’s nowhere near capable of playing regularly. He looks like. 40 year old. He has no stamina or off ball ability

Grendel

Love that in a back three though. Makes the opposition make some decisions. And I reckon he’ll score goals if he gets games.

As I say if they’re all gash at defending may as well play the one who dribbles up half the pitch.

Nowhere Near good enough I’m afraid

shmmeee

Palmer is awful. He’s nowhere near capable of playing regularly. He looks like. 40 year old. He has no stamina or off ball ability

I realise O’Hare maybhave skewed perceptions somewhat, but that’s not the main thing I look for in a number 10. Palmer can score and unlock defences and that’s more than Jamie Allen, who is O’Hare without the talent or ability to win the ball.

johnwillomagic

I think overall with this match I am more than happy with our point - our defence looks very shaky Fadz nowhere near as dominant as he can be - Rose no excuses looked flyweight - Panzo and Doyle a bit lightweight - Dabo was shocking first half but better second half - Bidwell largely looked solid!

Dont actually blaim Robins for not making subs looking at the bench - maybe Waghorn or Walker could have come on for Godden last 10 but not sure what other subs could have been made really looking at that bench a lot of subs very flyweight too against a powerful Luton team!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

taking the positives from that - we appeared a lot more confident after the Hamer goal. Hopefully we can move forward with that.

we really need to sort the defence out though. Everytime luton came forward they looked like theyd score

Finham

Love that in a back three though. Makes the opposition make some decisions. And I reckon he’ll score goals if he gets games.

As I say if they’re all gash at defending may as well play the one who dribbles up half the pitch.
True enough.

Grendel

I realise O’Hare maybhave skewed perceptions somewhat, but that’s not the main thing I look for in a number 10. Palmer can score and unlock defences and that’s more than Jamie Allen, who is O’Hare without the talent or ability to win the ball.

Allen is limited but he is the only midfielder who covers ground without O hare is him - I do see why he plays him as the rest of the midfield has less energy

Grendel

None of them are. You wanna play George Burroughs or Jay McGrath there?

Back flat 4 and Kane back in the squad gives you the options

johnwillomagic

I'm hearing lots of bleats but none actually suggesting who should have gone off and who to replace them with from our bench,,,,,,

Maybe Godden for Walker or Waghorn possibly but we had made one sub Panzo for Rose not sure the bench options were really that great for the type of game this was!

Fergusons_Beard

Sorry for all the Calamity McFadz lovers but he has to be dropped .

Real shame we can’t because we just don’t have a replacement.

Too old. Too slow and we are better without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ian1779

I'm hearing lots of bleats but none actually suggesting who should have gone off and who to replace them with from our bench,,,,,,

Maybe Godden for Walker or Waghorn possibly but we had made one sub Panzo for Rose not sure the bench options were really that great for the type of game this was!
I think Palmer or Waghorn for Allen in the last 15 was a perfectly reasonable sub to make.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well all the times we let Birmingham off with playing utter shite it's only fair they return the favour once

alexccfc99

Can’t knock the second half performance - Defence looked a lot better

Major let off just before HT, can’t comment on their penalty that never was, view was crap but it’s about time we had a slice of fortune for a change

Users who are viewing this thread