2023-24 New Kit Thread (4 Viewers)

jim20

Disappointed we’ve got templates this season, after having bespoke most seasons with Hummel it’s a big let down. They look ok, but could’ve been so much better especially after all the effort and thought that went into last season. They almost set themselves up to fail

AJB1983

Disappointed we’ve got templates this season, after having bespoke most seasons with Hummel it’s a big let down. They look ok, but could’ve been so much better especially after all the effort and thought that went into last season. They almost set themselves up to fail
There’s only one that is a ‘template’ and that’s cos it’s their 100th anniversary and a lot of clubs have had it. So I get that.
the home is bespoke and the red away is arguably not a template, albeit very similar but not identical to Bremen.

jim20

There’s only one that is a ‘template’ and that’s cos it’s their 100th anniversary and a lot of clubs have had it. So I get that.
the home is bespoke and the red away is arguably not a template, albeit very similar but not identical to Bremen.
To me the away kit looks exactly like Bremens just different colours. I’m happy with it don’t get me wrong. It’s just usually over the last few seasons the kits have been the best thing about the summer for the club, this season with all the good players coming in, the record season ticket sales etc. the kits seem to be a bit of a let down

AiS86

Anyone notice the Hummel logo moved to be centred around the stripe now as opposed to it being off centre for the kit reveal? Spotted it on Jay da Silva interview. Sad git that I am 😁
As a fellow sad git, I'll raise you, his seems to be the only one with it like that. Would the size of the shirt make a difference like Boylesports on the tramlines before? He is a bit of a short arse

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Anyone notice the Hummel logo moved to be centred around the stripe now as opposed to it being off centre for the kit reveal? Spotted it on Jay da Silva interview. Sad git that I am 😁

What ever floats your boat. 😂

Garlana86

Anyone got their pre ordered top yet? Must admit I impulse bought mine but didn't check anything around it's dispatch.

Saddlebrains

Anyone got their pre ordered top yet? Must admit I impulse bought mine but didn't check anything around it's dispatch.

Not being dispatched until August 11th. Day before the 3rd game of the season

Still. There wasnt any issue with sourcing a sponsor remember 👀👀👀👀

ajsccfc

The Chinese get cracking on dodgy kits as soon as a leaked image appears, have to admire the work ethic. They're so ahead of it you can often buy kits that were from falsely leaked images or just concept kits

lewys33

3rd kit I am not a huge fan of but see why others have sentimental attachment to it as I feel the same to the away kit ...

People do seem to rant on here a lot about minor details though ... do they realise the club make about £2 off of each shirt sale (that is fact - don't ask me to prove it or 12 baby kittens will be sacrificed).

Saddlebrains

3rd kit I am not a huge fan of but see why others have sentimental attachment to it as I feel the same to the away kit ...

People do seem to rant on here a lot about minor details though ... do they realise the club make about £2 off of each shirt sale (that is fact - don't ask me to prove it or 12 baby kittens will be sacrificed).

Spoke to the bloke who runs the club shop last time i was in there (months back) i asked that question, we get 60% of each shirt sale which i dont think is that bad

lewys33

Spoke to the bloke who runs the club shop last time i was in there (months back) i asked that question, we get 60% of each shirt sale which i dont think is that bad
my comment was tongue in cheek but I would be shocked if we get 60% ... Plenty of models out there suggest a club get in the region of 5-15% if they are lucky.

Unless we buy direct from Hummel and we are the vendor (but I didn't think that was the case)? Even then I would say 60% is high.

Last edited:

Alkhen

my comment was tongue in cheek but I would be shocked if we get 60% ... Plenty of models out there suggest a club get in the region of 5-15% if they are lucky.

Unless we buy direct from Hummel and we are the vendor (but I didn't think that was the case)? Even then I would say 60% is high.
does seem high but it could be that our set up is different than the norm. The kits do seem to take longer to get ordered/manufactured than other teams.

After Elite went tits up didn't we have to pay everything upfront for the stock. Im wondering if they have just kept this going, more initial outlay but much higher profits

biggymania

The 10-15% figure seems low, if you look at something like this:

how much money do clubs earn from each kit sale (2).jpg

This is for a shirt sold via a 3rd party (like Sports Direct). So in Coventry's case, we'd own the marketing, distribution & retail cut. So essentially everything but the manufacturing, VAT & cost numbers here.

If you total that up it's ~45%. So 60% probably closer to the truth than 10-15%. And note that the cost here likely is crudely measuring the raw cost of the materials - all those "departments" taking their cut have their own costs to pay. So gross profit much lower. Of course the mail would go with the headline grabbing "EIGHTY POUND SHIRT COSTS JUST EIGHT QUID!!!!!!" angle.

rob9872

The 10-15% figure seems low, if you look at something like this:

View attachment 31026

This is for a shirt sold via a 3rd party (like Sports Direct). So in Coventry's case, we'd own the marketing, distribution & retail cut. So essentially everything but the manufacturing, VAT & cost numbers here.

If you total that up it's ~45%. So 60% probably closer to the truth than 10-15%. And note that the cost here likely is crudely measuring the raw cost of the materials - all those "departments" taking their cut have their own costs to pay. So gross profit much lower. Of course the mail would go with the headline grabbing "EIGHTY POUND SHIRT COSTS JUST EIGHT QUID!!!!!!" angle.
Someone has clearly made that up as they have cost to make and the manufacturer listed separately when one is part of the other. I also dont get where marketing comes from since most will be their own web/social media etc. if they are incurring costs then that still needs to be added to their share as it's so hidden. Delivery is charged separately (I've just been on their site) and this is one version at £80. there is an 'authentic; at £110 which clearly doenst cost another £30 to manufacture.

It mentions retailer too now presumably that is where eg Sports Direct or someone else sell it on their behalf. No way would someone like Utd allow a retailer to make £26 and them less than £5. Thesy might get a commission for selling it on their behalf more likely the other way round but at worst would be 50/50 of profits.

lewys33

jesus christ ...

hide GIF

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Surely have to reveal the away kit today.

Don't need an away kit for Sunday, played in Sky Blue away at Shrewsbury and they played in dark blue, just like Leicester.

David O'Day

Lads, they can't release the away until they have convinced Fraser Group to be the main sponsor so SaddleBrains can pretend to be right again.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s more the fact that’s leaked and everyone’s seen it. Don’t know why bother delaying it at this point.

I think it's because Cov are not priority for the kit manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread