25% of EFL (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Well as there's more jabbed players than non jabbed . There's obviously more jabbed players testing positive. So if he actually said that, he's making a dick of himself there.

According to the survey many haven’t had 2 jabs

Finham

Which players have collapsed on the pitch due to the Covid vaccine? I don't really watch MOTD anymore so must have missed them.

Fergusons_Beard

Expect a raft of footballer vaccinations before transfer window.

Would you buy an unvaccinated player if literally a minute after signing they test positive for COVID & never play for the club.

Financial suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: KAB

DionDublinsJockstrap

Apparently 25% of EFL players aren’t vaccinated , now I know the vaccine doesn’t stop you from catching/spreading it, but no wonder so many of them are actually poorly from it!
I doubt whether many of them are poorly. They are tested daily and might not be showing symptoms even if positive. They still have to isolate.

Fergusons_Beard

I doubt whether many of them are poorly. They are tested daily and might not be showing symptoms even if positive. They still have to isolate.

Why?

Waghorn still not back from ‘injury’ after he had COVID & didn’t Jake Clarke-Salter get it too?

Whether the above are vaccinated or not nobody has any idea what the long term negative affects are of getting COVID.

What we do know is that people of all ages are dying from it and some are suffering life changing illness in recovery.

To say that footballers won’t be poorly because they are regularly tested is ridiculous.

ccfc1234

With respect to the footballers I think many of them would cite the fact they have had the virus already and therefore have a good degree of immunity. People who have not had covid and are still unvaxed I understand their position far less. We need to improve anti body and T cell testing as there could be millions of people who are immune from previous infection or great responses to 2 jabs and rather than pressuring those citizens to have a booster or jabs, those vaccines could be given to poorer nations.

Frostie

Why?

Waghorn still not back from ‘injury’ after he had COVID & didn’t Jake Clarke-Salter get it too?

Whether the above are vaccinated or not nobody has any idea what the long term negative affects are of getting COVID.

What we do know is that people of all ages are dying from it and some are suffering life changing illness in recovery.

To say that footballers won’t be poorly because they are regularly tested is ridiculous.

Exactly. A few players have spoken out about the after effects of having Covid & how it's affected them:

stupot07

Klopp in his interview is fair enough - if clubs are getting games called off through the players having poor vaccine uptakes then they should face fines if games are abandoned
Yeah I heard that. They were talking about it on talksport. I agreed with most of what he said.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

That comparison is either very poor or deliberately misleading. The 68% was 2 months ago in mid October, when it was 81% of players who had had 1 dose. Those other countries also have around half the current total cases in comparison to the UK, with worse overall vaccination rates.

skyblue1991

To be fair if more players were vaccinated it still wouldn't stop them from testing positive for covid.

The key difference is we as a country are testing much more than our peers which means you are going to see more cases

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

To be fair if more players were vaccinated it still wouldn't stop them from testing positive for covid.

The key difference is we as a country are testing much more than our peers which means you are going to see more cases

I mean, yes it would.

skyblue1991

Any idea what CCFCs vaccination status is? I know some players went for their first jab in July

chiefdave

Any idea what CCFCs vaccination status is? I know some players went for their first jab in July
Wasn't there a squad trip to UHCW for them to get jabbed? Seem to remember some press around that. Presumably then anyone who isn't jabbed is down to choice rather than them not having got round to it.

Mcbean

Was pissed of yesterday as the Daily Telegraph published 3 pics of footballers jumping over each other in an article about spreading covid - one was Our players mobbing Godden after one of his late goals - hearing the covid status for CCFC I thought this was poorly used

Brighton Sky Blue

Was pissed of yesterday as the Daily Telegraph published 3 pics of footballers jumping over each other in an article about spreading covid - one was Our players mobbing Godden after one of his late goals - hearing the covid status for CCFC I thought this was poorly used

They’re outside FFS

Skyblueweeman

giphy.gif

Grendel

I'm just intrigued really, I'd like to think we as a club do our utmost to promote the vaccination of players, particularly the first two jabs.

it is peoples business anyway - global sports people by definition have to declare vaccine status

skyblue1991

I've not seen any reports of rugby players, tennis players, cricket players, netball players, hockey players etc collapsing.

Weird that it's just footballers affected by the the vaccine and collapsing...
Has it been proven that the vaccine has caused footballers to collapse?

Users who are viewing this thread