25% of EFL (3 Viewers)

duffer

So your response to people having long term concerns is to post an original study from nearly a year ago?

The CDC have recommended avoiding J&J due to the health implications within the last 24hrs. VAERS reports are through the ceiling. Footballers are looking around and seeing their colleagues drop on the pitch. Growing concerns of myocarditis across the board. Is an honest conversation about this really such heresy? If so, fine. Drink your Kool-Aid.

I find that "Drink your Kool-Aid" and phrases like "sheeple" are a handy indicator of someone who might be a bit too lazy to do their own research. It's not an honest conversation if people are just making stuff up...

So... any footballers who are seeing their colleagues 'drop on the pitch' should try reading this, or any of the other fact checking sites that completely debunk this dangerous myth.

J&J, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, isn't used in the UK, so that's an absolute redundancy in the argument about UK footballers. They've literally got nothing to worry about from J & J. However, if you're an American, the latest CDC statement on it is this...

" Today, CDC is endorsing updated recommendations made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) for the prevention of COVID-19, expressing a clinical preference for individuals to receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine over Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.

ACIP’s unanimous recommendation followed a robust discussion of the latest evidence on vaccine effectiveness, vaccine safety and rare adverse events, and consideration of the U.S. vaccine supply. The U.S. supply of mRNA vaccines is abundant – with nearly 100 million doses in the field for immediate use. "

Given the current state of the pandemic both here and around the world, the ACIP reaffirmed that receiving any vaccine is better than being unvaccinated."

VAERS is, once again, American. I can't find any evidence about reports "going through the ceiling", though of course two entire seconds of critical thinking would suggest that if vaccinated numbers are rising, then reports of side-effects will similarly rise.

Anti-vaxxers (in the US) have tried to scare people away from vaccinations previously using VAERS figures, and have been shown to be completely nonsensical...

And here's some stuff about long-term effects from vaccination, which again of course, are far, far less likely than having long-term effects from catching Covid in the first place.

Honest conversations are something that might go a long way to help footballers (and many others) who are obviously making decisions based on incomplete and often completely misleading information.

The evidence is fairly unambiguous, the problem is with people not bothering to look for it.

Torquay Sky Blue

Ok cool, probably bollocks then as there is nothing about it anywhere else just be careful posting stuff like this when you aren't aware of the source please as it's dangerous as all hell
I've just googled Ronald Biglione and there's tons of stuff about it . It would appear to be true . The poor guy died after second vaccine. Sorry it doesn't suit your stance on this.

Bertola

I've just googled Ronald Biglione and there's tons of stuff about it . It would appear to be true . The poor guy died after second vaccine. Sorry it doesn't suit your stance on this.

Exept there isn't is there? The first report is from a website called the covid world. Hardly seems trustworthy. As @mr_monkey says, theres nothing on the clubs social media regarding this. You'd like to think they'd pay their respects to one of their players if they died

Esoterica

Exept there isn't is there? The first report is from a website called the covid world. Hardly seems trustworthy. As @mr_monkey says, theres nothing on the clubs social media regarding this. You'd like to think they'd pay their respects to one of their players if they died
It's on their Facebook page:
1640021485507.png

Brighton Sky Blue

He died of purpura, which local doctors linked to his second dose. Like you, he was very unfortunate although none of the news sources mention which vaccine he received. Out of billions of jabs that have been given it has clearly been shown that these cases are extremely rare and it hasn't been denied at all that they happen.

It doesn't change my stance anyway

NorthernWisdom

I've done my best with Google translate(!) I've found references to his partner saying that was the cause of death, but nothing direct from the hospital itself. If you could help me with that, I'd be grateful!

tbf, it doesn't really prove anything regardless, as I wouldn't be at all surprised that somewhere, somebody had had an adverse reaction that resulted in death, and it'd be to its credit if there were few indeed, but now I'm curious enough I'd be killed, if I were a cat!

Brighton Sky Blue

I've done my best with Google translate(!) I've found references to his partner saying that was the cause of death, but nothing direct from the hospital itself. If you could help me with that, I'd be grateful!

tbf, it doesn't really prove anything regardless, as I wouldn't be at all surprised that somewhere, somebody had had an adverse reaction that resulted in death, and it'd be to its credit if there were few indeed, but now I'm curious enough I'd be killed, if I were a cat!

You mean you aren't a naked pixel?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you’re fine with players being allowed to play unvaxxed then you can’t really complain when our games are called off. This isn’t happening in other countries where the players all getting full vaxxed.

Lugo vs Almeria
Lecce vs Vicenza

Two of three games in Spain and Italy tonight, called off.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

95% of Bundesliga players are fully vaxxed, no postponements in the last match week.

So what? You are picking and choosing to try and suit a fairly irrelevant narrative.

If games are called off in the new year in Germany, then what? It is just a distraction at this point and isn´t helping the real end of the pandemic. If everyone was vaxxed it still goes on, and the sooner people realise that, the sooner we can actually start putting real measures in place to end it.

Grendel

The fact they can find only one death with a tenuous link shows actually how incredibly effective the vaccines are

Brighton Sky Blue

So what? You are picking and choosing to try and suit a fairly irrelevant narrative.

If games are called off in the new year in Germany, then what? It is just a distraction at this point and isn´t helping the real end of the pandemic. If everyone was vaxxed it still goes on, and the sooner people realise that, the sooner we can actually start putting real measures in place to end it.

Such as?

Grendel

The point isn´t ´such as´. The point is that if everyone is vaccinated this pandemic is still going to be hanging around.

If everyone was vaccinated hospitals wouldn’t be clogged with patients not vaccinated. The crux is that - overwhelming health services

skybluegod

95% of Bundesliga players are fully vaxxed, no postponements in the last match week.

Aren't we a week or two ahead of Germany in this covid wave?
I don't disagree with the point mind you, especially if games are being called off because of social contacts due to not having both doses of the vaccine rather than actually having the virus.
But even clubs with high vaccination rates (Liverpool?) Are starting to have high numbers of cases so it's still sensible to cancel games in some cases. Player welfare needs to come first in my view.

Surprised nothing came out of the meeting today, but would probably would have been too costly to teams financially.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Well yes it is because you clearly have an idea of what would be sensible. What is it?

No, you are deflecting knowing full well that no one really has the solution to the pandemic. You don´t want to admit that the vaccine has been underwhelming which is why you keep answering my questions with questions.

FulltimeWum

How many of the NOPM group are anti vax?

Anyone down for a Venn diagram session one day? I reckon there could be a Kappa/Adidas schism in the Leam and Warwick group.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, you are deflecting knowing full well that no one really has the solution to the pandemic. You don´t want to admit that the vaccine has been underwhelming which is why you keep answering my questions with questions.
It has been a resounding success in the people who have had it, most in places outside Africa have by now had the offer.
But to summarise

Counter examples are ‘picking and choosing’

Austria is like Hitler never left

It’s not a great record you have in this department. To top it off you keep hinting at how it ‘should be done’ but never say.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It has been a resounding success in the people who have had it, most in places outside Africa have by now had the offer.
But to summarise

Counter examples are ‘picking and choosing’

Austria is like Hitler never left

It’s not a great record you have in this department. To top it off you keep hinting at how it ‘should be done’ but never say.
How the fuck is that underwhelming?

View attachment 23205

The world is slowly slipping back into restrictions, how is that a total success? Please answer. If people were quoting vaccination rates before they started the roll out and said we would be going back into lockdowns etc, people wouldn´t see that as a full solution.

Then again, I am trying to have a conversation with some people that think vaccines should be mandatory. Not sure how anyone with that viewpoint can try and act morally superior, and the attempts are pretty laughable.

Brighton Sky Blue

The world is slowly slipping back into restrictions, how is that a total success? Please answer. If people were quoting vaccination rates before they started the roll out and said we would be going back into lockdowns etc, people wouldn´t see that as a full solution.

Then again, I am trying to have a conversation with some people that think vaccines should be mandatory. Not sure how anyone with that viewpoint can try and act morally superior, and the attempts are pretty laughable.

That’s happening because of the large numbers who either can’t be arsed to get vaxxed or believe nonsense conspiracies. In Africa they just haven’t got the supply.

Your Nazi comparison alone disqualifies your opinions here to be honest

ccfc1234

I am pro vax but also very respectful of the decades of historical epidemiology research that shows natural immunity is not an insignificant method of protection.

I totally understand governments have to operate at the population level and appreciate that any wavering messaging on this topic would prevent people getting vaccinated and could lead to many immune systems succumbing rather than gaining immunity. Going back to @Brighton Sky Blue question to @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 ...in my view, the way out of this pandemic (assuming this virus shares the epidemiological characteristics of historical viruses) is for us to heavily protect (vaccinate) as many high risk groups as we can, maybe with a 4th booster and then allow what appears to be a milder virus (omicron) to spread so the vaccinated or previously infected, fit and well majority can gain a population level of herd immunity which will in turn support the vaccinated at risk groups.

Hearing the government pre brief it seems they may confirm this week that omicron is not as bad as feared and I live in optimistic hope it is the beginning of journey towards the end of this pandemic.

If this virus is so clever that it mutates in ways that we have not seen before then annual vaccines is all we have and life as we have known it will be plagued by this for long time to come.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Try finding a single reference that isn’t from a Covid denier website. That club doesn’t even play in Argentina from what I can tell, they’re Peruvian.

Sorry it doesn’t suit your stance on this.

ccfc1234

If everyone was vaccinated hospitals wouldn’t be clogged with patients not vaccinated. The crux is that - overwhelming health services
Sorry Grendel I don't think all is as it seems with regards to hospitalization numbers. It's clear beyond rational minded doubt that unvaccinated people are disproportionately in hospital given the Vax rate is 85% vs 15% but the majority in hospital are not unvaccinated as many try to claim. For balance here is a link from the full fact website you may wish to review

mr_monkey

Sorry Grendel I don't think all is as it seems with regards to hospitalization numbers. It's clear beyond rational minded doubt that unvaccinated people are disproportionately in hospital given the Vax rate is 85% vs 15% but the majority in hospital are not unvaccinated as many try to claim. For balance here is a link from the full fact website you may wish to review

Tbf mate that's from the middle of October so doesn't take the new strain into account but still very interesting reading

Users who are viewing this thread