7833toMK.... come on back the lads. (6 Viewers)

Otis

Going off on a slight tangent, I wonder if those who refuse to set foot in MK's stadium, but also support Coventry rugby, would go and watch a big cup match between Wasps and Cov at the Ricoh?

Must be hard to balance having a moral stance on something, but at the same time wanting to watch your team play.

I know with Northampton I simply stopped watching the City play for the first time ever in my life, but felt I had to do it.

If I had the offer to go to this cup game I would however, but wouldn't be happy giving money to MK. I see it as a bit different to the Sixifelds situation where our team was removed from its home deliberately.

So, Wasps v Cov, yay or nay?

fernandopartridge

Well I will make the trip. But then I don't care that much about franchises - football or rugby - they are the way of the world. We are customers of a business - every football fan is. Always thought the MK move made complete sense and I really enjoyed the one day out I have had at Wasps ( it reminded me of watching Sky Blues in the 60's in terms of atmosphere and joy).

[cringe]

Otis

Well I will make the trip. But then I don't care that much about franchises - football or rugby - they are the way of the world. We are customers of a business - every football fan is. Always thought the MK move made complete sense and I really enjoyed the one day out I have had at Wasps ( it reminded me of watching Sky Blues in the 60's in terms of atmosphere and joy).
Nice try.

giphy.gif

wingy

Going off on a slight tangent, I wonder if those who refuse to set foot in MK's stadium, but also support Coventry rugby, would go and watch a big cup match between Wasps and Cov at the Ricoh?

Must be hard to balance having a moral stance on something, but at the same time wanting to watch your team play.

I know with Northampton I simply stopped watching the City play for the first time ever in my life, but felt I had to do it.

If I had the offer to go to this cup game I would however, but wouldn't be happy giving money to MK. I see it as a bit different to the Sixifelds situation where our team was removed from its home deliberately.

Given that we share the gate MK should be ok Cov V Wasps too from my perspective as there would be a return match.

Otis

Given that we share the gate MK should be ok Cov V Wasps too from my perspective as there would be a return match.
I have vowed never to go to a Wasps game, but think I would be keen to see Cov play them (and beat them obviously).

fernandopartridge

It always struck me as so, there is a quote of him talking about the FA relaxing their rule from 8 miles from the City centre which would just about bring the NEC into range (or at least the site of the proposed HS2 interchange which is near the NEC just East of the M42).

Why would they do that? If they can't finance building a stadium in Coventry why would they build one nearer Birmingham where there are 3 (Blues, Villa and WBA) established teams? You aren't stupid so unsure why you think SISU would plan something like that.

Captain Dart

Why would they do that? If they can't finance building a stadium in Coventry why would they build one nearer Birmingham where there are 3 (Blues, Villa and WBA) established teams? You aren't stupid so unsure why you think SISU would plan something like that.
Well they're not going to do that now, I think this was a thought I convinced myself of in the days before the Northampton episode proved that they can't move the club and expect any substantial following. It would have to be tied to a significant land development too, remember Fishers '60 acres' vision, where did he mean? Water under the bridge now, I think SISU realise they have to stay at the Ricoh and they can't scare anyone with empty threats to build a new ground or move to another local stadium (ie Butts) anymore.

pastythegreat

But although they have similarities, the two situations couldn't be any more different.

One is a club with a long history of breaking clubs, making new franchises, moving grounds, taking over clubs and taking their history as they're own, moving grounds some more!
That moved into somebody else ground, in a city that ALREADY had a rugby club, at the cost of the taxpayer.

The other, built it's own stadium in a town that needed a football club.

This is no way me condoning what happened to Wimbledon nor am I trying to ease my conscience as I've already been to MK twice. I'm just pointing out that the 2 situations are completely different and comparing them is a bit chalk and cheese.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

The guy who has tried organising big followings this season, (which has really gone to plan) has spoken to Milton Keynes. Ticket details released tonight or tomorrow and they said they'll give us what the demand suggests.

pastythegreat

Am I missing something, why are 10K going to MK? We don't get 10K at home! Its hardly a glamour tie or a team we haven't played in years.
You could ask the same question for the stoke game!
We haven't had 15000 fans at the Ricoh since Gillingham. And stoke is also far from a glamour tie! Historically a smaller club than us!

Londonccfcfan

If we get 6 per season ticket holders (mine and lads), I will be buying 12! and even that wont be enough as I need a couple more!

We will sell 2000 in first full day! Easy.

Londonccfcfan

You could ask the same question for the stoke game!
We haven't had 15000 fans at the Ricoh since Gillingham. And stoke is also far from a glamour tie! Historically a smaller club than us!

We have had many 15 k plus attendances since that Gillingham game.

All in season before last Under Mowbray: 2015/2016

15,604 vs Gills ...........Nov 21st 2015
15419 vs Oldham........Dec 19th 2015
17779 vs Port Vale.....Dec 26th 2015
15671 vs Walsall....(Midweek) Jan 12th 2016
17140 vs Burton........Jan 16th 2016

So the fans are there it wasnt that long ago.

skybluetony176

Not 10,000 though.

Robins has asked those staying away to come back and I sincerely hope they do.
Not been an opportunity has there? Besides it’s something Robins basically requested last night on TV and Grimmer has backed on social media. Does it really matter or should we just back the team at MK as has been requested by the manager and players.

Nick

Administrator
Not been an opportunity has there? Besides it’s something Robins basically requested last night on TV and Grimmer has backed on social media. Does it really matter or should we just back the team at MK as has been requested by the manager and players.
Don't think it was specific to mk was it with Robins? He's said it for a while, since he came back I think.

Moff

All aboard the bandwagon jumping bus.

Sniff of success and some ex fans are like rats up a drainpipe.

And the thing is, if we do get promotion this season it will have been our best season for many, many, many years.

Our best in nearly eleventy million?

(Gave you a like for managing to get 'rats up a drainpipe' in a post ;))

pastythegreat

We have had many 15 k plus attendances since that Gillingham game.

All in season before last Under Mowbray: 2015/2016

15,604 vs Gills ...........Nov 21st 2015
15419 vs Oldham........Dec 19th 2015
17779 vs Port Vale.....Dec 26th 2015
15671 vs Walsall....(Midweek) Jan 12th 2016
17140 vs Burton........Jan 16th 2016

So the fans are there it wasnt that long ago.
So on a handful of occasions we've hit 15k (All in our "glory" season). But my point is this,
This season I don't think we've gone over 8k with our average being around 7k and we more than doubled that for one game against an undesirable championship club masquerading as a premiership team?

pusbccfc

Am I missing something, why are 10K going to MK? We don't get 10K at home! Its hardly a glamour tie or a team we haven't played in years.

Because crazily enough it's cheaper and easier for most to get to MK than it is to drive and park at the Ricoh.

pusbccfc

I have had loads who haven't been since Wembley message me to get tickets.

It's one of those games where the Coventry folk aboard the bangwagon for a day on the juice.

skybluetony176

Don't think it was specific to mk was it with Robins? He's said it for a while, since he came back I think.
He’s always asking for fans to attend but he was specifically talking about MK last night on TV pointing out that we’ve took big numbers there before including during his first spell in charge so he’s hopeful we’ll be able to do it again.

But back to the original point, when have we had the opportunity to take 10k? Wembley aside. We haven’t, we sell out most away games if we get a 10k allocation and sell out nothing different is happening really, we’re just selling our allocation as per usual.

Rather than accusing fans of being glory hunters, jumping on the bandwagon etc. full of negativity shall we just look at our fan base with a positive outlook for a change and acknowledge what great supporters we have fulfilling our full allocation time and time again whatever that might be. Just in the interest of variety from the fan bashing you and others like to promote for a change. We’re long suffering enough, it’s hardly surprising that we’ll commit in numbers for a rare day in the sunshine.

pastythegreat

"FA Cup rules allow for an away allocation of up to 15% of the home stadium"
It's a "minimum of". So 4500 is the minimum they could offer us. But with no more than 10k home fans in a 30k seater why wouldn't they offer us more? Police intelligence would be the only reason but.... they were happy for 7.5k sheff Utd, 9k wolves and nearly 8k city (on more than 1 occasion) so why would they not now?

Users who are viewing this thread