Actual Carl Baker Day - It has happened! (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

I think the majority of people were thinking lets get Baker in he can't be any worse than Vincenti

stupot07

Based on our recent experience of signing unfit 34+ year old players who've played little football and aren't match fit i said we shouldn't sign him. Its so much harder to get fit and recover when your north of 30. Its a shame as its been bit of a saga and distraction.

I can't see him making a single appearance , and unless he can get 2+ u23 games under his belt and prove his fitness, he shouldn't get anywhere near the matchday squad. That seems a long way off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Based on our recent experience of signing unfit 34+ year old players who've played little football and aren't match fit i said we shouldn't sign him. Its so much harder to get fit and recover when your north of 30. Its a shame as its been bit of a saga and distraction.

I can't see him making a single appearance , and unless he can get 2+ u23 games under his belt and prove his fitness, he shouldn't get anywhere near the matchday squad. That seems a long way off.

Last 30 seconds of the play off final

“It was me that won it”

Otis

I think you're wrong. Injured, not fit, not trained, the flu..... Pah!!

You just watch LSR pitch him in today and we'll all be saying 'you little tike! You pulled a flanker and he was fit all the time.'

Baker will score a hat trick and the council will tear down the Godiva statue and put a Super Bakes one up in its place.

Robins the genius!

Londonccfcfan

The curious tale of Baker.
Anyone elsw think its just a PR stunt.???

And we all bought it. Designed to sell more season tickets.

Unless I see him on the pitch. That's my take.

Otis

If anyone has bought a season ticket for next season just because Baker has signed a short term contract to the end of this season thats their own fault!
Yep. Could only describe that decision as 'Batshit crazy!'

giphy.gif

Hobo

Maybe the last few games package? But season tickets? Baker has said given the chance he will go back to India, he thought it was great. He is trying to use Coventry to get fit and be offered that chance in India. To be honest someone his age having not played for 12 months is not the way forward for us next season.

JimmyHillsbeard

I think he was signed to stop all the City phone-ins, messageboards and meet-and-greets being swamped by “if only we had signed Baker” whatsaboutery.

If we didn’t know he wasn’t fit this place would be full of “he could’ve made the diference since February”.

Nick

Administrator
People completely ignored the fact he was injured and not fit.

If somebody has bought a season ticket just because of that then more fool them.

Londonccfcfan

Maybe the last few games package? But season tickets? Baker has said given the chance he will go back to India, he thought it was great. He is trying to use Coventry to get fit and be offered that chance in India. To be honest someone his age having not played for 12 months is not the way forward for us next season.
Thats what i meant 5 game package and tickets boost, not sesson tickets for next yesr year obviously.

But thats me being very cynical.

Grendel

Thats what i meant 5 game package and tickets boost, not sesson tickets for next yesr year obviously.

If anyone was actually tempted to spend £75 to see a 35 year old never has been they deserve all they get

Hobo

No its the Baker super fans not being realistic. He hasn't kicked a ball all season, he is 35 and was never consistent. He had flashes of quality but most the time he was no more than average. We would be better giving Shipley and Bayliss game time. Perhaps Ponticelli off the bench.

Londonccfcfan

I’ve never understood the hysteria over him re signing.

All this please announce BAker. Been firmly against it. Hopefully this deal is costing us nothing.

One big PR stunt.

Londonccfcfan

I don’t think we will see him at all now.

fatso

I'm tempted to spend £75 on a 35 year old. She's called Roxie and can fire ping pong balls right across the room. She'll also shit in your briefcase for an extra fiver.
But can she beat a man in the box, then whip it in hard and low?

no_loyalty

What is the latest on Baker, is he going to be fit for the playoffs?

Hobo

Probably not fit and certainly not match fit. Even if he was, who is to say he would be good enough to get in the team?

steve82

MR said in fridays interview he’s gone away to get fit. Been on the gym and swimming a lot.

Said Baker had called him to update him to say how hard he’s working, MR said baker told him give him a bit more time and baker suggested the Stevenage game but MR was keen to point out he’s yet to play and train again so would need to train and going from the pool and gym to the pitch is totally different

Weeks away in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Who gives a fuck - he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the team anyway

Nick

Administrator
MR said in fridays interview he’s gone away to get fit. Been on the gym and swimming a lot.

Said Baker had called him to update him to say how hard he’s working, MR said baker told him give him a bit more time and baker suggested the Stevenage game but MR was keen to point out he’s yet to play and train again so would need to train and going from the pool and gym to the pitch is totally different

Weeks away in my book.

Stevenage game...As in this Friday night?

steve82

Stevenage game...As in this Friday night?

Yeah, never ever gonna happen. You cannot prep for a game all week on the hope he’s gonna train all week at the business end of the season when ponticelli has thrown his hat in the ring to accommodate him in the side.

Baker wouldn’t even make the bench for weeks in my book as a minimum

Otis

He would have to play in any U21 game early this week as a very minimum.

Just can't see it.

Last 2 games at a push at best and then would it even be worth the gamble?

He's keen to play, but them so am I and I'm well into my 50's.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, never ever gonna happen. You cannot prep for a game all week on the hope he’s gonna train all week at the business end of the season when ponticelli has thrown his hat in the ring to accommodate him in the side.

Baker wouldn’t even make the bench for weeks in my book as a minimum

Exactly, if he isnt even able to train and has to swim etc it isnt good. It's a long way from playing in a match, he will need to train with the squad and then a couple of U23 games.

There is no point putting him on the bench at all if he is nowhere near fit.

Otis

Exactly, if he isnt even able to train and has to swim etc it isnt good. It's a long way from playing in a match, he will need to train with the squad and then a couple of U23 games.

There is no point putting him on the bench at all if he is nowhere near fit.
Waste of valuable bench space.

Unless he plays in an U21 match this week I think it is pointless.

Brighton Sky Blue

He would have to play in any U21 game early this week as a very minimum.

Just can't see it.

Last 2 games at a push at best and then would it even be worth the gamble?

He's keen to play, but them so am I and I'm well into my 50's.

Hope he's been signed on a pay-as-you-play else this has been quite a waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread