Actual Carl Baker Day - It has happened! (1 Viewer)

higgs

I think He will be retiring the end of season if he can't get fit. Feel sorry for the chap head wants to play on but body saying no

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Orca

I think He will be retiring the end of season if he can't get fit. Feel sorry for the chap head wants to play on but body saying no

He's not ready to retire. Wants to go to India again if he can get a club - he loved the experience and was gutted he couldn't play.

usskyblue

As a wise and insightful bloke once said on here; ‘He ain’t shit’....and he wasn’t. Now he isn’t fit, so shit obviously didn’t pan out. End of. And if you call him ‘Bakes’ you’re part of the problem. Think on.

fernandopartridge

Had we not signed Baker, other teams might have taken a chance on pay as you play deal. Imagine to furore if Mansfield or Notts County had signed him on the same terms and he ended up playing against us in the league or the playoffs. For me, a good enough reason to sign him, especially when it's cost us nowt.
I see what you're saying but doubt anybody would have signed him anyway. He's signed here as its convenient for both parties

Otis

As a wise and insightful bloke once said on here; ‘He ain’t shit’....and he wasn’t. Now he isn’t fit, so shit obviously didn’t pan out. End of. And if you call him ‘Bakes’ you’re part of the problem. Think on.
I only ever call him Super Bakes, so I am excused from any ridicule.

oucho

Does anyone know if there's a chance of him being fit enough to be in a matchday squad between now and the date of the play-off final?

To me, it looks like that's a big "no".

Otis

Does anyone know if there's a chance of him being fit enough to be in a matchday squad between now and the date of the play-off final?

To me, it looks like that's a big "no".
U21 squad games are finished for the season. I'm sure the answer is no.

oucho

skybluesam66

"Carl Baker still has his calf problem, which is as good as it has been, but he still isn’t able to join in with training.”

time to hang up your boots Carl

oucho

"Carl Baker still has his calf problem, which is as good as it has been, but he still isn’t able to join in with training.”

time to hang up your boots Carl

Hey, don't have a cow, man!!

edgy

What about the Coventry City Former Players Association FC? Or the CCFC Ladies? Walking Football at The Oval.

Do they still have fixtures?

Otis

What about the Coventry City Former Players Association FC? Or the CCFC Ladies? Walking Football at The Oval.

Do they still have fixtures?
Yeah, good idea. Stick Baker in the Ladies Walking Football team.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

stupot07

No, he needs sacking off. There's a max of 6 games left, for me he would need to play at least 2 u23 games before he should be considered on the bench and he's not even training with the squad as he's still struggling with an injury. We've seen with Hunt, Henderson, Yakubu, etc and even Joe Cole it doesnt matter how good you were, at 34+ if you've been out a long time, without games, its too hard to come back and hit the ground running. Even Cole excepted this and needed 6-8 weeks out the side to concentrate on getting fit. Its too little to late for me, despite how problematic the right wing is.

dcd7af992bd99f6112f618c1c6e94ea7.gif

Users who are viewing this thread