Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Bristol Rovers have had a bid accepted by League One rivals Shrewsbury Town for striker Stefan Payne. Payne was the Play-Off Finalists’ top scorer last season with 14 goals. #BristolRovers #BRFC #salop #STFC

Looks like they've moved on to Payne. Must mean AB has chosen us.

Otis

Bristol Rovers have had a bid accepted by League One rivals Shrewsbury Town for striker Stefan Payne. Payne was the Play-Off Finalists’ top scorer last season with 14 goals. #BristolRovers #BRFC #salop #STFC

Looks like they've moved on to Payne. Must mean AB has chosen us.
giphy.gif

Polar

Lot of focus on twitter today on whether Bakayako is to replace JCH...but I could it just be that we are building squad depth?

Remember, last year we technically had 5 strikers - mcnulty, biamou, nazon/jch, ponti and beavon. With the latter two on loan, Bakayako would be needed in addition to our current strikers AND a replacement for Sparky.

Also, Bakayako seems to be useful as a wide player and can run the channels. Robins has put long balls out to the wings in the past at Vincenti, who is now injured, so maybe there is a role there as well if that’s still something he wants to do?

Whatever though, we certainly need a legit quick number 10, ideally who can score upwards of 15 goals a season.

Reactions: KG7

Nick

Administrator
Im just interested to see what Robins said, he usually says what else is to come in the statements.

Nick

Administrator
Has he been overly accurate so far, though?

(Am just going off memory, but they're as much wrong as right (sometimes they're right!), as I recall it... but happy to be told wrong!)

Think last time he said 3, so will see what he says with this signing.

robbiethemole

Fuck me!! don't we get excited over players we may(or may not) sign.
please don't let this thread go over 20 pages Nick, assert some authority here. hahahha

Nick

Administrator
We are delighted that Adamou has agreed to join us. We were aware that there was significant interest in him from other clubs, and are very pleased he has chosen to join Coventry City.

"Amadou is a young, talented footballer who has great pace and power. We are looking forward to working with him and improving his game further.

"We needed more at the top end of the pitch and Adamou gives us that, and I’m sure he will become a fans’ favourite."

Grendel

Hope he stays clear of twitter for a while

NorthernWisdom

Everyone on Facebook writing him off already. Coventry fans are the best.
I won't write him off. Each time he pulls on the shirt I'll cheer him on, will him to score, encourage him when things go to plan, celebraste with him when he scores. And if he develops and increases his value tenfold, I'll praise the manager for a masterfully astute piece of business.

Am still underwhelmed right now, though!

CCFC_Charlie

No mention of more coming in like with the Hiwula signing. Will have to wait and see if he's given 10, if so then that's probably our business done up front.

Governmac

So if what we’ve heard is true, that’s it for permanent signings and we should get 2 more loans in.

Users who are viewing this thread