Another potential terror attack at Westminster (1 Viewer)

Macca

I think it was CJ who stirred the hornets nets with the silly Corbyn comment.

Oddly enough there didn't seem to be much outrage on here about the Yemen School kids blown up by the UK US backed Saudis's
Or more importantly any condemnation by the UK Govt - wonder why?

Incidentally, I do condemn todays act, as any rational person regardless of politics would do.

But we kind of deserve it yeh?

Captain Dart

If only senior figures in the police had warned her the cuts would lead to an increase in crime and an increased venerability to terrorism.
Plenty of Police around Parliament, this was 2 weeks ago.
The driver & his buddy were being questioned in the Police Van.
Note the footpath barriers on Westminster Bridge erected to stop you know what.
upload_2018-8-14_18-31-51.png

CJ_covblaze

I think it was CJ who stirred the hornets nets with the silly Corbyn comment.

Oddly enough there didn't seem to be much outrage on here about the Yemen School kids blown up by the UK US backed Saudis's
Or more importantly any condemnation by the UK Govt - wonder why?

Incidentally, I do condemn todays act, as any rational person regardless of politics would do.

Sorry about that. Wrong time to say it. With regards to the Saudis it’s almost like they have a lot of oil isn’t it. Certain regimes in this world seem to get away with everything. It’s rare others stand up for what’s right. The Qatari Blockade is a rare example of that.

rob9872

Yeah but the Saudis ....

Standard tag line response to anyone criticising anything resembling the awful Corbyn as if two wrongs somehow excuse his actions. Is the odious Owen Jones a City fan?

rob9872

More the government's links with the far right and constant stoking of their narrative that worry me about making the place more dangerous than Corbyn being a Palestine groupie.

At least Hamas don't kill British MPs.
Corbyn prefers to side with the IRA for that.

Sky Blue Pete

What an absolute loser. The media should be ripping him to to shreds. A complete failure. Could have been so much worse so thankful people weren’t badly hurt. But what an idiot

xcraigx

Says it all that ISIS have not claimed responsibility (as they normally do whether they are involved or not). Even they don't want to be associated with such a pathetic loser.

dancers lance

You can't waltz around London on your fancy pushbike after only that very morning, lubricating it's chain with stolen oil and think you can get away with it, who do these people think they are? they got what they deserved in my opinion.

Otis

Went back down London again today and there were so many more police about. All felt very safe though.

dutchman

Hate general comments like this with no evidence to back it up. Which families? Where are they going back to?
The families I live with on the Whitefriars estate in Spon End. The countries they send the kids back to include (but is not limited to) Somalia and Burundi.

What percentage of so-called asylum-seekers do you live with, approximately? It's about 50% around here.

Sky Blue Pete

The families I live with on the Whitefriars estate in Spon End. The countries they send the kids back to include (but is not limited to) Somalia and Burundi.

What percentage of so-called asylum-seekers do you live with, approximately? It's about 50% around here.
Are we talking about how many? Where are the passports coming from and how would they afford the air fare? Are they Christians leaving Somalia and Muslims leaving Burundi? What are they fleeing in Burundi? Have you any experience of the asylum system? I call rubbish

dutchman

Are we talking about how many?
There are 150 family sized units in my part of the estate and about half of those are occupied by newly arrived immigrants/asylum seekers/economic migrants, whatever you want to call them.

Where are the passports coming from and how would they afford the air fare?
The same way they can afford to run new 4x4s I expect and as far as I know passports aren't issued to children.

Are they Christians leaving Somalia and Muslims leaving Burundi?
The Somalis around here are Muslim and the Burundis (that I know) are Christian.

What are they fleeing in Burundi?
Low wages and a lack of welfare payments as far as I can tell, they do much better over here.

Have you any experience of the asylum system?
I have enough to know they are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers.

Now tell us again, how many do you live with?

martcov

There are 150 family sized units in my part of the estate and about half of those are occupied by newly arrived immigrants/asylum seekers/economic migrants, whatever you want to call them.

The same way they can afford to run new 4x4s I expect and as far as I know passports aren't issued to children.

The Somalis around here are Muslim and the Burundis (that I know) are Christian.

Low wages and a lack of welfare payments as far as I can tell, they do much better over here.

I have enough to know they are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers.

Now tell us again, how many do you live with?

Out of interest...do all have SUVs? How does that work? You come to a foreign country, and after a short time, get a SUV and send your kids abroad on holidays. I only ask because I would like to do that. Come back to Cov and become rich.

Sky Blue Pete

Thanks for answering and showing the lack of evidence in your prejudiced opinion.

I live in cheylesmore and have friends who are economic migrants, asylum seekers and immigrants. None of the asylum seekers I know have any spare money. In fact they are utterly dependent on the generosity of friends and charity and churches for their basic needs.

pastythegreat

Oh and yes all children need passports to leave the country and they cost just shy of £200 each
That's about £110 too dear. And surely they had a passport to get out of their country in the 1st place no? Or does it not count as they need a British passport?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

That's about £110 too dear. And surely they had a passport to get out of their country in the 1st place no? Or does it not count as they need a British passport?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yep good point. Many children are born here though. Yep £100 sorry

And if you are in the wind rush generation good luck getting a passport. Quite rightly immigration is robust in this country and far far harsher than people think.

shmmeee

I smell the classic "lump all brown people into the 'asylum seeker' bucket" going on here.

Massive difference between asylum seekers and migrants. I've come across a few asylum seekers and none were doing things like holidays or running posh cars.

dutchman

Out of interest...do all have SUVs?

Pretty much, yes. You would think they were still living in the middle of a desert.

How does that work? You come to a foreign country, and after a short time, get a SUV and send your kids abroad on holidays. I only ask because I would like to do that. Come back to Cov and become rich.

I don't think it applies to people who were born here?

Users who are viewing this thread