Are People really Bleating? (1 Viewer)

Astute

I'm suggesting that they may have had a point...

We really need to get away from the grass is green therefore tigers are fluffy animals that sit on your lap type arguments...

And I am saying, not suggesting, that the way that they tried to get the Ricoh was the reason that all trust was lost. Wasps negotiated properly and look what has happened.

ccfc92

The key point really is:

SISU/TF/whoever they are this week: "We are buliding our own stadium. We will only be at the Ricoh for 4 years max, while neverland is built"

Whilst I don't agree with the "franchise" of Wasps, and CCC's part in it, SISU said they were moving on, so why would CCC risk the Ricoh being an unused stadium?

Sensible replies please :)

dongonzalos

Absolute bollocks.

No really a constructive point.

Please explain the majority of people's reaction if SISU build a new stadium as promised outside Coventry. After the council reject Wasps.

Some smart arse does the figures and saying no to Wasps cost the city......

So many millions say 10 million per year in revenue
So many Jobs say 200
So much profile for the city
The charity a chance to get out and recoup some money to reinvest in the city.
Regeneration around the stadium.
So much money back in the councils budget.

They can't make the decision to say no to wasps on all the evidence presented.

Otis

i'd wager SISU have known of this for 6-8 weeks In advance Otis ,as long as Byng has anyway.

I'm inclined to agree, Wingy.

If so, they stayed incredibly quiet on the matter.

Maybe spent the six weeks going through the rejected coin compartments of phone boxes up and down the country.

That and concentrating on Euromillion lucky dips.

Astute

The key point really is:

SISU/TF/whoever they are this week: "We are buliding our own stadium. We will only be at the Ricoh for 4 years max, while neverland is built"

Whilst I don't agree with the "franchise" of Wasps, and CCC's part in it, SISU said they were moving on, so why would CCC risk the Ricoh being an unused stadium?

You won't get many sensible replies to a sensible post :D

skybluetony176

Absolute bollocks.

The problem is that the council had no other choices. They now clearly wanted out and only had one offer to consider. I can't help but think that the only reason CCC had only one bid is because SISU couldn't attract the backers to make an alternative bid. I can't help but feel that SISU are quickly reaching the end of their tenure. I'm also starting to think that we might all be missing the big issue of who is the next caretaker of our club.

Astute

Many things.

Too many for you to be interested in reading, because you'd be too busy shouting about how objective you were and you could see the truth.

So you can't think of one that is anywhere near as bad as lots of things that SISU and Joy have done.

Otis

I know what you are saying and in a perfect world you are right.

On the flip side how would wasps react that?

We are just going to ask the football club who said they don't want to buy if they will match your offer? If they do we will Dutch you. Then the council must again negotiate with SISU.

When Joy first replied she said we still are not interested.

To be honest I also believe they have known about it for a few months.

They have made no attempt to counter bid.

Didn't mean to contact them for Sisu to have an opportunity to counter offer, just for CCC to inform CCFC as a matter of course that they had an offer on the table from Wasps.

Just to gauge reaction and to see how Sisu would respond, but also out of a degree of courtesy. Nothing about what the deal entailed, just the fact that they had an offer that could mean a change of landlords for the football club.

skybluetony176

The key point really is:

Tim Fisher AKA The boy who cried wolf.

Ian1779

The problem is that the council had no other choices. They now clearly wanted out and only had one offer to consider. I can't help but think that the only reason CCC had only one bid is because SISU couldn't attract the backers to make an alternative bid. I can't help but feel that SISU are quickly reaching the end of their tenure. I'm also starting to think that we might all be missing the big issue of who is the next caretaker of our club.

They had a simple choice. There was no need to get rid of it so quickly and so cheaply.

Or everything they made out in the JR was total bollocks.

Astute

You're kind of proving my point...

In what way? You are using words like appear and kind of to try and make a point whilst not making one. You are saying that CCC did things for SISU to lose trust in them before SISU did everything that they did to us, CCC and our club whilst not mentioning one and then saying you won't name them because of me :laugh:

skybluefred

Why would it be a risk? were the council desperate to sell? The stadium was built for CCFC and the council could have held onto it until the circumstances were right for CCFC to purchase it.

Not to mention the fact the council would never sell to the football club under SISU even if they did declare an interest. Would have been interesting if SISU had came out in the last week and said we will match Wasps offer as I'm sure the council would have done everything in their power to make sure Wasps got it ahead of CCFC.

Provide proof of your dreamland theories.

Astute

They had a simple choice. There was no need to get rid of it so quickly and so cheaply.

So quickly? It was nearly 2 years ago when SISU contacted the FL about moving our club out of Coventry and stopped paying the rent. The same week they move our club back you had Fisher saying it is just a temporary move. How many years would you have liked them to have taken?

skybluetony176

Who else was going to buy it?

I don't know if you missed what the JR was about and how it ended but it was SISU who made out that things have happened and it was the council defending themselves against what was being made out. I'm no expert in law so I have to accept the Judge's view that what SISU made out wasn't what actually happened.

Ian1779

I don't know if you missed what the JR was about and how it ended but it was SISU who made out that things have happened and it was the council defending themselves against what was being made out. I'm no expert in law so I have to accept the Judge's view that what SISU made out wasn't what actually happened.

I didn't miss what it was about... it was made perfectly clear that SISU's attempts to distress were futile, and the councils loan was not a risk due to the wonderful performance of ACL.

2 seconds later it's gone for fuck all. If you can't see how that doesn't add up it's pointless debating with you.

ccfc92

I didn't miss what it was about... it was made perfectly clear that SISU's attempts to distress were futile, and the councils loan was not a risk due to the wonderful performance of ACL.

2 seconds later it's gone for fuck all. If you can't see how that doesn't add up it's pointless debating with you.

So why didn't sisu in their incredible business sense buy it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

They could have chosen to not to sell it it anyone at this point in time.

skybluetony176

Financially distress maybe maybe not.

Distressed to the point where it became an unnecessary distraction from things that matter the most like schools, social care etc. Most definitely. A councils job is to run it's borough not fight hedge funds repeatedly in court.

dongonzalos

Didn't mean to contact them for Sisu to have an opportunity to counter offer, just for CCC to inform CCFC as a matter of course that they had an offer on the table from Wasps.

Just to gauge reaction and to see how Sisu would respond, but also out of a degree of courtesy. Nothing about what the deal entailed, just the fact that they had an offer that could mean a change of landlords for the football club.

Agree with that

skybluefred

With due respect sisu did know in plenty of time to put an offer in--seppala said she wouldn't interfere.

ccfc92

Financially distress maybe maybe not.

Distressed to the point where it became an unnecessary distraction from things that matter the most like schools, social care etc. Most definitely. A councils job is to run it's borough not fight hedge funds repeatedly in court.

As well as a councils job is not support a football club that 3% of it's population attend.

As much as us CCFC fans don't like that fact, it's as simple as that.

NorthernWisdom

In what way? You are using words like appear and kind of to try and make a point whilst not making one. You are saying that CCC did things for SISU to lose trust in them before SISU did everything that they did to us, CCC and our club whilst not mentioning one and then saying you won't name them because of me :laugh:

Not really, I'm suggesting you're a one-eyed tool.

Hell, at least the likes of LAST and Tony bother to talk back. You however just look for whatever fits your one-eyed POV while bleating on about bias from others.

Astute

Lots of good points have been made by several posters yet you won't listen to any of them. Then you say that it is pointless debating with those that don't see your single point :thinking about:

Just answer one thing. If the arena is such a bad thing why do Wasps want it all?

ccfc92

There are other options than selling...

I thought that was why we'd always put a 'not for sale, especially to SISU' sign up, because there were other options?

Didn't sisu want the whole lot tho?

Whereas Wasps have effectively bought the leasehold, which was always on the cards for CCFC/SISU IIRC?

Astute

Not really, I'm suggesting you're a one-eyed tool.

Hell, at least the likes of LAST and Tony bother to talk back. You however just look for whatever fits your one-eyed POV while bleating on about bias from others.

You are saying that there are reasons for things yet you won't mention any. Then you call me a one eye tool :laugh:

I have put several points across. Given details to them all. You say that there are reasons for SISU not to trust CCC. You say that there are reasons before SISU took the piss. Then can't come out with one. No bias at all.

Users who are viewing this thread