Ashes 2023 (6 Viewers)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

We gifted Murphy a lot of those 34 runs he scored a number 10 batsman should not be given runs like that.We work like hell to get their batters out and then gift them the lead .

CCFCSteve

We gifted Murphy a lot of those 34 runs he scored a number 10 batsman should not be given runs like that.We work like hell to get their batters out and then gift them the lead .

He looked decent to be fair. Probably best batting conditions of the day and tired bowlers…missed Mo a bit. I suppose it’s only like what Woodys done to them on a couple of occasions. Very frustrating though. All to play for tomorrow !

Ps agree though, once someone’s hit a couple of decent sixes maybe focus on pitching up

thekidfromstrettoncamp

He looked decent to be fair. Probably best batting conditions of the day and tired bowlers…missed Mo a bit. I suppose it’s only like what Woodys done to them on a couple of occasions. Very frustrating though. All to play for tomorrow !

Ps agree though, once someone’s hit a couple of decent sixes maybe focus on pitching up
That partnership for the seventh wicket 49 could well mean a big diffence at the end we must stop doing it .These batsman are not number 10 for nothing .

LastGarrison

Going all out Bazball
War Running GIF by CuriosityStream

tisza

Difference between 2 captains is so noticeable. Stokes makes things happen in the field, Cummins just can't. So quick to defensive fields and just waiting for English batsmen to get themselves out - love to know how many drag-ons England have had this series seems a fair few

Sky Blue Pete

Difference between 2 captains is so noticeable. Stokes makes things happen in the field, Cummins just can't. So quick to defensive fields and just waiting for English batsmen to get themselves out - love to know how many drag-ons England have had this series seems a fair few
They normally oblige

chiefdave

Bit of a hint to Jimmy!
He turns 41 tomorrow. Know he's said he wants to go to India and has no plans to retire but he can't go on for ever. Wonder what odds you can get on him announcing his retirement tomorrow and they go together.

Finham

He turns 41 tomorrow. Know he's said he wants to go to India and has no plans to retire but he can't go on for ever. Wonder what odds you can get on him announcing his retirement tomorrow and they go together.
On TMS Broad said that he said to Jimmy this afternoon "That's me mate" and he said "really?" and we had a bit of a hug..."

Terry Gibson's perm

Broad will go onto Sky sports as he is a good talker, would be nice to see him end Warners international career tomorrow. Can’t blame him for not going to India to break his back on those dust bowls.

SkyBlueSoul

Almost can't believe Broad is retiring before Anderson. I only asked myself the other day if he could go on to get more wickets than Anderson seeing as he's ~4 years younger.

Having said that it feels like the perfect time to go out on a high. He's just passed 600 test wickets and has become England's leading wicket taker v Australia, added to being married and having his first child. I feel even more privileged than I did at the time having seen his 600th wicket at Old Trafford. An absolute legend, we will miss him so much.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can see him hanging on for a bit to get to 700 wickets, hoping he can get there against some of the 'smaller' teams.

Once he gets there I think he'll be off.

CCFCSteve

I think it’s doable. Pitch is playing well and plenty of time. Will need to bowl well but Anderson struggling and Mo not fully fit, it’s not a given

Users who are viewing this thread