Back to Court on Wednesday 8th July 2015 (1 Viewer)

hill83

Don't worry your sides will be healed if you bother your arse to read my post from yesterday. Saying I fully expect SISU to win the appeal today. Then I expect the next stage to be the same outcome.
Then another 2 years of JR2. Whikst we languish in Division 3.
This JR and JR2 are unwinable.

Read your posts. That's my sides gone again.

johnwillomagic

Notice the pro-council old sky blue has been very quiet within his thread following findings?
Is he in the council and if so has he been implicated......??

fernandopartridge

Italia. The judges today appear not to be questioning the evidence, they're questioning the basis of the judgement against the legislation.

That can be done in 20 minutes as they'll have already had the judgement to consider

NorthernWisdom

The judges today appear to have completely dismantled the defence of 'protecting a public asset'. The appeal will be interesting.

Not sure why the NOPM brigade are jumping on it s their latest excuse.

In a general principal, it's probably best to have this done and dusted.

The fact it keeps to-ing and fro-ing however, suggests it's not really black and white, alas!

Kind of glad I didn't get a season ticket now, mind, as much because the season ticket for court might be more interesting:whistle:

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
so when the cet are getting excited over random figures wasps throw them, they aren't true?

If acl was doing as well as the cet make out, the tax payer are losing out for what was paid

I would imagine Wasps would argue they paid the value of ACL without them as tenants/landlords and their presence has added substantial value.

But that doesn't matter. Because everything Wasps says is spin isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
I write whatever they tell me to.

That much? I thought it was just a copy and paste from their PR team? :)

Surely the correct answer is that you believe everything printed to be true because of the investigations carried out before printing them? :)

I'm glad Simon can use wit, not like that other fella who gets all over the top and swears!

James Smith

If I were the council I'd be less worried about the fact that the appeal is being allowed, there was always a chance of that, and more concerned with comments made by the judge today. They seemed fairly dismissive of the original decision.

Should the council be eventually found to be in the wrong what would the consequences be for the likes of Lucas, Reeves and West? Assume they would all lose their jobs but could they be in serious trouble?

I think it is probably worth pointing out that at this stage that there likely won't have been a thorough examination of the arguments of either side. I expect that the only thing that the judges saw today was the skeleton arguments. The JR appeal judge will be able to dig deeper and ask more questions. So I don't think either side should be looking at this as a slam dunk just yet but Sisu did get the appeal. Whether this appeal turns out to be a disaster for the council or Sisu (it's doubtless going to be a bonanza for the lawyers of both sides) we won't know until October.

Sky Blue Pete

Right to appeal whoopie doo! They'll still lose. Numpties! Such rubbish timing with Mowbray getting the team together

SkyblueBazza

Surely their resources would be better employed focusing their time & energy on making good & visible progress towards a new "own" stadium? Rather that than chasing a cause that may or may not lead to compensation of some unpredictable amount...for a stadium they claim to no longer have any interest in!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Moff

Whatever you say about councils, whether pro or anti public service... one thing they tend to get right is procedure!

Having worked for a period of my working life in the public sector, I think I missed the odd occasion when we did get procdeure right, perhaps its changed now under Ann 'Greater Birmingham' Lucas ;)

armybike

Surely if SISU end up "winning" the JR1 appeal and/or JR2 then ACL/CCC/Wasp, or whoever the judgement is against, would simply appeal the decision(s)?

hill83

OSB is not in the Council but not unconnected

I genuinely find this disturbing. Imagine if there was someone 'not unconnected' to Sisu posting on here regularly with many hanging on their every word. The uproar.

columbo-o.gif

Nick

Administrator
And where would that have left the Higgs Charity? With nothing to show for the £6m they paid to a cash-strapped Coventry City (under previous ownership) in return for a half stake in the stadium operator.
Ouch.

Won't be long until the starving kids line is back out will it?

Nick

Administrator
Nice Telegraph Comment titled
[h=1]Could taxpayers end up paying for Sisu's new stadium?[/h]

I still don't get if (and it is a huge if) SISU win then why it isn't the council that are baddies for doing something wrong?

Surely it should be "Council messed up and cost the tax payers hundreds of millions"?

hill83

I still don't get if (and it is a huge if) SISU win then why it isn't the council that are baddies for doing something wrong?

Surely it should be "Council messed up and cost the tax payers hundreds of millions"?

I wouldn't worry about it Nick. Yesterday's big news before the court case was that chubby bint off big brother getting a tattoo of jedward removed from her arse.

Shakeitup

The council may have tried to seize an opportunity.

However, if our club had been managed correctly, or if, like most of us would have preferred, we stayed at HFR (so many ifs, I know!) We wouldn't be talking about this rubbish!

Can't we send Robinson all the bills?

Moff

However, if our club had been managed correctly, or if, like most of us would have preferred, we stayed at HFR (so many ifs, I know!) We wouldn't be talking about this rubbish!

Can't we send Robinson all the bills?

I think he would forward some of them To Richardson!

Nick

Administrator

If they did and are found to be in the wrong or have done something wrong then would it be spun as a council screw up or nasty SISU costing tax payers millions? Can see how things are spinning up already.

skybluetony176

Probably because the appeal hasn't been heard yet and the council may not be baddies as you put it.

The comment is only asking the question. Is no one allowed to ask that question. There's no suggestion in that comment that either side are baddies.

torchomatic

Ah come on, Tony. Don't be so naive. This is the Telegraph we're talking about here!

Nick

Administrator
Probably because the appeal hasn't been heard yet and the council may not be baddies as you put it.

I agree, it is a long way off.

So what do you think about the stories about tax payers losing out on millions of pounds or the tax payer paying for SISU's new stadium? Plenty of speculation about how the tax payer is going to feel it in the pocket if SISU were to win.

skybluetony176

I agree, it is a long way off.

So what do you think about the stories about tax payers losing out on millions of pounds or the tax payer paying for SISU's new stadium? Plenty of speculation about how the tax payer is going to feel it in the pocket if SISU were to win.

The Taxpayer loosing out is a distinct possibility. I doubt that will be enough to build a stadium. Might be that the settlement if SISU win is payed in land rather than cash but I can't see SISU going for that. Most likely outcome if SISU win is that any damages awarded to the club (I'm assuming CCFC will be listed as an interested party in any compensation case that follows as they have been throughout the JR) will pay of some or all of the SISU/ARVO debt and SISU will then sell up and Waltz of into the sunset. We could end up coming out of a SISU win still without ground ownership, still in debt (but hopefully not) but SISU gone.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The Taxpayer loosing out is a distinct possibility. I doubt that will be enough to build a stadium. Might be that the settlement if SISU win is payed in land rather than cash but I can't see SISU going for that. Most likely outcome if SISU win is that any damages awarded to the club (I'm assuming CCFC will be listed as an interested party in any compensation case that follows as they have been throughout the JR) will pay of some or all of the SISU/ARVO debt and SISU will then sell up and Waltz of into the sunset. We could end up coming out of a SISU win still without ground ownership, still in debt (but hopefully not) but SISU gone.

I haven't suggested the tax payer will be paying for a new stadium etc. My point is that if it is OK to throw suggestions like that out there for what happens if SISU win, then surely if SISU win the council have done something wrong?

skybluetony176

I haven't suggested the tax payer will be paying for a new stadium etc. My point is that if it is OK to throw suggestions like that out there for what happens if SISU win, then surely if SISU win the council have done something wrong?

If SISU win and assuming CCC don't successfully appeal then offcourse the council have done something wrong.

All I was pointing out is that the comment you have highlighted from the CET doesn't actually say that CCC are not the "baddies" as you are suggesting it does by what you say the comment should say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread