Ball 13 in F.A cup (1 Viewer)

jordan210

It's amazing what a bit of Hollywood money can do to a fan base.

They sit 1 point above Notts county in none league. With their team of superstars.

Apparently they have a bigger budget than us. To be honest they probs do with our Mickey Mouse owners.

As a team I like wrexham and the whole Hollywood ownership is interesting. But as a fan base they are more deluded than us !

shmmeee

If MR plays Vik I'll be fucking furious.
2nd string in for this one please.

What second string?

I don’t agree because there’s no midweek games before and after so should keep them in the groove. And cos we aren’t that massive to put out shit sides against anyone.

Best you could do assuming Rose Dabo and Kelly are all back would be:

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Eccles Kelly Bidwell
Palmer Allen
Walker

Which isn’t a million miles off the first team. Maybe Waghorn in for Allen if he’s fit?

Reactions: AOM

clint van damme

What second string?

I don’t agree because there’s no midweek games before and after so should keep them in the groove. And cos we aren’t that massive to put out shit sides against anyone.

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Palmer Allen
Walker

Which isn’t a million miles off the first team. Maybe Waghorn in for Allen if he’s fit?

Wouldn't play Fadz Palmer or Allen personally.

TomRad85

What second string?

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Palmer Allen
Walker

I agree, really don't want to put a load of kids out and get mugged off by non league opposition.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

A game for the first team in the main, but...

A chance for Reid to show he has a future here;

A chance for Bapaga to show he learned something from his loan spell last season.

A chance for Tavares to show he can do something in professional football. You'd think his pace alone would be enough for this kind of level.

First team plus those three and if we lose, then bugger me.

TomRad85

A game for the first team in the main, but...

A chance for Reid to show he has a future here;

A chance for Bapaga to show he learned something from his loan spell last season.

A chance for Tavares to show he can do something in professional football. You'd think his pace alone would be enough for this kind of level.

First team plus those three and if we lose, then bugger me.
Isn't Howley probably closer to getting a game in the first team in this kind of game than Reid or Bapaga these days?

NorthernWisdom

Isn't Howley probably closer to getting a game in the first team in this kind of game than Reid or Bapaga these days?
tbf I had Howley as likely to come on if it was going well, but he also plays in a position where we have more depth. if Reid really is better at CB, as mentioned by a couple on here, then here is a game to rest McFadzean. Ditto Bapaga at AM, although I'm not sure if that's his best position? Plus, he played half-regularly at that level last season so, if he can't do it surrounded by better players, then he's wasting a salary sat here.

TomRad85

tbf I had Howley as likely to come on if it was going well, but he also plays in a position where we have more depth. if Reid really is better at CB, as mentioned by a couple on here, then here is a game to rest McFadzean. Ditto Bapaga at AM, although I'm not sure if that's his best position? Plus, he played half-regularly at that level last season so, if he can't do it surrounded by better players, then he's wasting a salary sat here.
I just kind of want to see Howley in there with an experienced head like Sheaf or Gus to see how he gets on, seems like he's the most likely from the next batch to break through into the first team squad. Writing on the wall for Reid and Bapaga i think. Reid clearly just not fancied and will likely go back to Scotland, probably end up in the SPL its so shite. Bapaga was exciting (having a kind of cool name probably boosted that reputation too) but he seems to not have kicked on as expected and i expect will drop to non league, at least for a bit. Not against Tavares getting good minutes in this one, as you say speed could cause them problems and will tell us where he's at.

NorthernWisdom

I just kind of want to see Howley in there with an experienced head like Sheaf or Gus to see how he gets on, seems like he's the most likely from the next batch to break through into the first team squad. Writing on the wall for Reid and Bapaga i think. Reid clearly just not fancied and will likely go back to Scotland, probably end up in the SPL its so shite. Bapaga was exciting (having a kind of cool name probably boosted that reputation too) but he seems to not have kicked on as expected and i expect will drop to non league, at least for a bit. Not against Tavares getting good minutes in this one, as you say speed could cause them problems and will tell us where he's at.
Maybe, but Eccles hasn't actually played much for us in CM, and this is his chance really - sticking Howley in as well looks a bit fragile. If it were me, I'd be looking to send Howley out somewhere to toughen him up - if he stays then absolutely, he needs to be around the first team squad more to make it worth his while.

And yeah, I suspect Reid and Bapaga won't make it here but, here's their chance to prove us wrong. They can cover places we need resting more than others, they're of an age where physically they ought to be OK to compete, and Bapaga even has experience at this level. If they can't get a game in a match like this, then their time really is up, isn't it. Ditto Tavares really.

But I don't want too many reserves in, as I'd quite like a cup run. Winning begets winning and all that.

David O'Day

got to play fadz so he can mug off his brother

duffer

It's amazing what a bit of Hollywood money can do to a fan base.

They sit 1 point above Notts county in none league. With their team of superstars.

Apparently they have a bigger budget than us. To be honest they probs do with our Mickey Mouse owners.

As a team I like wrexham and the whole Hollywood ownership is interesting. But as a fan base they are more deluded than us !
I'm not saying you're wrong mate, but that is a very high bar. 😄

CV22SBA

Why do they think they are going to bring 5K/6K or even read 8K fans. The max they will get, like everyone else is 4K. The club and WMP are not stupid enough to go through all the trouble we experienced in the ground last season by putting the away fans closer to the home fans and move all the segregation about. We won't even open the stand behind the goal so our fans will all be down the side.

clint van damme

Why do they think they are going to bring 5K/6K or even read 8K fans. The max they will get, like everyone else is 4K. The club and WMP are not stupid enough to go through all the trouble we experienced in the ground last season by putting the away fans closer to the home fans and move all the segregation about. We won't even open the stand behind the goal so our fans will all be down the side.

Why do you take a reply that describes people as glue sniffers so literally?

chiefdave

This is where WMP create their own problem. If, and it's probably a big if, Wrexham sell out 4K they'll just go in the home end which is surly a bigger problem.

CV22SBA

This is where WMP create their own problem. If, and it's probably a big if, Wrexham sell out 4K they'll just go in the home end which is surly a bigger problem.
You have to be a member to buy tickets in the home end with a purchase history.

ccfcrob

Since when? You can literally pay on the gate for every game. Think they are going to stop that because we are playing Wrexham?

chiefdave

I've never been asked for my membership number of proof of previous purchase when paying on the gate. If what you're saying is true it is permanently impossible for anyone who hasn't been to a game before to purchase a ticket which is hardly a great plan for attracting new fans.

Legia Sky Blue

A winnable home game is a good tie for us. Their decent support will help fill the coffers as will the prize money for getting to the 4th round. If we can't sell 10,000 to our own fans then I would question whether our fans really deserve us to go any further however, but hopefully we will and there will be a minimum 15k in attendance (I appreciate a sensible pricing policy would help that).

The crying about not getting a 'glamour' tie really pisses me off though, as it shows a section of our support are as entranced by the 'big' teams as their glory supporters are. It's also a bit ironic our supporters calling out Wrexham fans for being disappointed with the draw when ours have done exactly the same. Personally I want us to advance as far as we can, and eventually we will end up with that 'glamour' tie anyway. Wouldn't it be better to play such a game in the quarter finals than in the 3rd round?

Robinshio

if its on TV it will be on the Friday night (it is the sort of game they put on then)
if not mainstream, will be probably shown on welsh TV and certainly overseas viewing

Skyblueweeman

A bit of a naughty boy is the younger McFadzean brother.

Found guilty of hitting one woman and head-butting another in 2013.

CV22SBA

A winnable home game is a good tie for us. Their decent support will help fill the coffers as will the prize money for getting to the 4th round. If we can't sell 10,000 to our own fans then I would question whether our fans really deserve us to go any further however, but hopefully we will and there will be a minimum 15k in attendance (I appreciate a sensible pricing policy would help that).

The crying about not getting a 'glamour' tie really pisses me off though, as it shows a section of our support are as entranced by the 'big' teams as their glory supporters are. It's also a bit ironic our supporters calling out Wrexham fans for being disappointed with the draw when ours have done exactly the same. Personally I want us to advance as far as we can, and eventually we will end up with that 'glamour' tie anyway. Wouldn't it be better to play such a game in the quarter finals than in the 3rd round?
No chance of a 15K crowd. We had 8K against Derby in the FA Cup last season and a third of that was Derby fans.

Users who are viewing this thread