Birmingham attendance (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Whose going to volunteer with cancelling a ticket with no financial gain?

If i wasn't going Saturday, I'd happy let someone else have my ticket as long as I wasn't handing over the card.

theferret

I suspect most st holders not going Saturday won't struggle to find friends or family to pass it on to in any case.

Kilclines curly mullet

Yep. The stand itself is designed to be shared. We’ve cocked up here though in giving Brum 1500 tickets too many
The club can’t win.

The tickets would have been confirmed for blues over a month ago.

We could be sitting here with no chance of a play off spot and have 10,000 seats empty.

You cannot refuse blues tickets on the basis that we ’might‘ be in the play offs and the glory fans suddenly showing up…

If you miss out on a ticket then no sympathy - tickets for the game have been on sale for months.

CV22SBA

Doesn't make sense to me. Even allowing for the segregated areas, they are saying there will be as many unsold seats in the ground as there will be Birmingham City fans in attendance. That can't be right.
The article does say General Admission so perhaps does not include corporate. I know Legends and Club Coventry are both sold out and according to that stadium plan that would be another 1,541 sold taking the total to just past 30K. Blocks 11,12,13 holds 2,317 so that just about roughly works out.

shmmeee

The club can’t win.

We could be sitting here with no chance of a play off spot and have 10,000 seats empty.

You cannot refuse blues tickets on the basis that we ’might‘ be in the play offs and the glory fans suddenly showing up…

If you miss out on a ticket then no sympathy - tickets for the game have been on sale for months.

If that was the case we could have opened up more away tickets, why lock it in so early when the chance was still there?

Boosh

Just about makes the top 10:

1England Women2–1 Italy WomenArnold Clark CupFootball19 February 202332,128 Claimed but this event split over 2 matches.[103]
2Wasps21–26 Leicester TigersPremiership RugbyRugby Union9 May 201532,019[104]
3Wasps14–24 BathPremiership RugbyRugby Union23 December 201831,626[105]
4Coventry City 0–2 ChelseaFA Cupquarter-finalFootball7 March 200931,407[106]
5Coventry City 0–3 Crewe AlexandraFootball League Trophynorthern area-finalFootball5 February 201331,054[107]
6England U21 1–0 Germany U21UEFA European U21 ChampionshipqualifierFootball6 October 200630,919[108]
7Saracens16–18 MunsterHeineken Cupsemi-finalRugby Union27 April 200830,325[109]
8Wasps35-15 SaracensPremiership RugbyRugby Union6 May 201730,115[110]
9Wasps21–20 Leicester TigersPremiership RugbyRugby Union20 May 201729,051[111]
10Great Britain 0–2 CanadaOlympic Gameswomen's quarter-finalFootball3 August 2012

Let’s be honest the crowd was nowhere near that high at the woman’s game and probably the Wasps’ games. I remember Munster Saracens being full

bigfatronssba

The club can’t win.

Its been clear for weeks that ticket sales were high for this game.

nunchuckas

It will be pathetic if they can't sell the few hundred in the corner and block 13 as a minimum. Are the safety authorities really publicly admitting they are THAT incompetent, that they need to have 5 blocks of segregation to make up for their inability to manage a crowd with just a few rows of segregation like every other 'bitter' derby in the country.

It's Cov vs Blues in the Championship, not Boca Juniors vs River Plate at La Bombonera for fuck sake.

ceetee

We didn't use our STs on Saturday but looking across we thought there were people in our seats. This was credible as we were credited with our ST value against the hospitality price so they could have been resold.

theferret

The club can’t win.

Sure, it's easy to be wise after the event, but the club could have waited. Issue 3K and then take a view 10 days out from the game about the additional 1500.

Never in a million years would there have been 10K empty seats, simply by virtue of it being our last home game. We had a gate of 24K against Huddersfield last season and there was nothing on the game at all.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The question should be, why are more seats needed now to be kept as segregation than the Chelsea cup game, if a greater risk of violence then understand but surely this is where the club should challenge the safety committee to explain any sensible reasons why that attendance cannot be matched Or be very close to it.

Saddlebrains

31,407 v Chelsea in 2009.

14 years of advancement in football intel, quality of cameras, crowd management experience later...

28,500 v Brum 2023. :rolleyes:

I was in block 13 for the Chelsea game and fuck all happened apart from one cockney giving it loads, leading to a racially debateavle comment coming out of his mouth at a cov fan, which led to said racist Chelsea fan having a full bottle of cherry coke smashed into his mouth

Funny that was

Boosh

I would imagine this would set a record for ticket receipts at the Ground for a sports event. - cant see any others in that top 10 list being higher

Doubt it as you have season tickets to consider. Munster Saracens was around £25 each. I imagine Chelsea was similar. That’s without the 10k+ who are getting a discount with a season ticket

pusbccfc

if we do get through to the play offs, they need to learn from this, and push the away fans into the corner

If we get to the play offs, the maximum we should give is the 10% or whatever the minimum is required.

Or, if there is no rule, we match the opposition.

If Middlesbrough gave us 2100. We give them the same. Same with Luton.

We've been shafted as away fans all season.

bigfatronssba

I think they will end up releasing more tickets, but the fact this this hasn't already been planned for is really poor.

Unless its a clever way to boost hospitality sales?

Robinshio

Doubt it as you have season tickets to consider. Munster Saracens was around £25 each. I imagine Chelsea was similar. That’s without the 10k+ who are getting a discount with a season ticket
I think Chelsea was nearer £20 so on average, this should beat that even with the STH discount - you maybe correct with munster saracens

fernandopartridge

The club can’t win.

You can stagger the release of tickets to them though using this weekend as a decision point as to where the extra 1.5k is going

Alkhen

1682332856164.png

Excuse the photo! but here is the segregation fence and blocked seats separating the Cov fans from the Boro fans.

Coventry City vs Middlesbrough. The FA Cup Fourth Round.
Saturday 28th January 2006.
Attendance 28,120

Users who are viewing this thread