Birmingham attendance (5 Viewers)

M&B Stand

Have they moved the Boyles sports banners on seats next to the dugouts?

clint van damme

Lots of clubs who sell out each week do ST buy back schemes, but too short notice to make this work I think.

Think sell out every week is the key part of the sentence. Not really worth implementing for a club that has 10k empty seats most weeks.

Sky Blue Pete

General admission tickets for Coventry City’s game against Birmingham City are currently sold-out.

A total of 28,500 tickets have been sold currently for the game, using all areas that are available to sell currently. This includes 4,500 away allocation, provided to Birmingham City several weeks ago.

The Club is working with Safety authorities and the Arena to maximise any possible other areas for sale for home supporters, bearing in mind areas of segregation required, and will provide updates to supporters as soon as we are able to do so.
Few hours of work to make £100k get it done Doug

bigfatronssba

Have they moved the Boyles sports banners on seats next to the dugouts?
Those are corporate seats so wouldn't be released to general sale anyway

SkyBlueSoul

That takes you back to beating Huddersfield 4-0 on 4th March. If you take it from after that result we were 8th, 3 points of 6th. Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt and go before that result we were 10th, 5 points off 6th.

They definitely could have seen this coming.

bigfatronssba

Be nice to know which blocks the blues fans are in

The picture of the 4500 West Brom fans earlier in this thread shows them in blocks 6-10. I would imagine Brum will be the same

SkyBlueMatt

I gave up my ST's in 15 and moved them over to the family stand but I can't miss this game now. So I've bought a couple singles in the north stand and will sit in my usual seats.

theferret

I gave up my ST's in 15 and moved them over to the family stand but I can't miss this game now. So I've bought a couple singles in the north stand and will sit in my usual seats.

If you moved your st thought the ticket office, they have likely resold your seat.

shmmeee

if we do get through to the play offs, they need to learn from this, and push the away fans into the corner

It just makes sense anyway, the bigger that section by the away fans the better the atmosphere and the more people want to go, charge a premium for halfway line tickets, then mostly keep behind the goal closed (or at least the back half of it) unless attendances require it. I’m convinced you’d end up with bigger crowds just by doing that. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us sell even more season tickets next year and have crowds around 20k as a baseline.
Not seen the map on the ccfc article before

suggests 10-13 are unavailable - that is silly

10 is away fans, which means 11 and 12 can’t be used for home fans. Any decision on 10 should be taken as late as possible considering it knocks 3k home fans off the board.

The Philosopher

That takes you back to beating Huddersfield 4-0 on 4th March. If you take it from after that result we were 8th, 3 points of 6th. Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt and go before that result we were 10th, 5 points off 6th.

They definitely could have seen this coming.

Will we get more money for away seats than home seats? Are we charging £30 odd quid like Sunderland? I guess charging Brum full money for 2000 extra seats is better than us low selling the 2000 - some to kids and JSB etc.

bigfatronssba

Whatever the outcome we need to get our act together for the play off first leg.

Huge potential income (are ST’s valid)?

Its the disorganised nature of it that I find most disappointing.

The fact that they're only now looking to see if they can open up more blocks is a joke. Why wasn't this looked into last week?

SheafIsGod

Another problem with selling blocks 10-13 now is that you will have a lot of families and once-a-season fans between a rowdy Birmingham contingent and a rowdy Coventry contingent in the corner.

bigfatronssba

Another problem with selling blocks 10-13 now is that you will have a lot of families and once-a-season fans between a rowdy Birmingham contingent and a rowdy Coventry contingent in the corner.

Surely that helps?

If the reason for not selling them is concerns about trouble, then a load of families next to the away fans aren't going to cause a problem

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It will be pathetic if they can't sell the few hundred in the corner and block 13 as a minimum. Are the safety authorities really publicly admitting they are THAT incompetent, that they need to have 5 blocks of segregation to make up for their inability to manage a crowd with just a few rows of segregation like every other 'bitter' derby in the country.

It's Cov vs Blues in the Championship, not Boca Juniors vs River Plate at La Bombonera for fuck sake.
We’ve got the same segregation as they have for Red Star Belgrade v Partizan if you don’t believe me watch the videos on YouTube we have the same issues😀

CovInEssex

Surely that helps?

If the reason for not selling them is concerns about trouble, then a load of families next to the away fans aren't going to cause a problem

At United there's a large disabled area next to the away fans and they are constantly abused and hit with coins - I wouldn't want to put any one off coming again. Especially kids.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pity this, I thought the days of being rank amateurs off the pitch were over, clearly not. A chance to make serious extra cash and also boost the team on the pitch and we aren’t taking it.

Great_Expectations

Nipped into the club shop earlier to get a few bits for the kids - was in there 10 minutes max and probably at least 10 different people came in to ask for tickets.

And that’s even with the car parking stewards telling you tickets are sold out as you drive into the arena.

Side note - thanks to this thread I was able to get a ticket for my mate. After reading this last night, it forced me into action and I purchased one then rather than waiting for this AM!

Side side note; it’s the Man U fan I’ve referenced before and has been to numerous Cov games the last few years including L2 days = he’s definitely a Cov fan at this point.

oscillatewildly

To quote half man half biscuit - They are the Commodores - Once, Twice, Three times a season and the people you usually see feeding sugar lumps to police horses at cup finals.
It's never a bad thing when someone drops a random HMHB quote into any thread.
Talking of which - Four of us are heading up to Hull this Friday for the rearranged gig cancelled at short notice from last December.
I've never been a fan of needlessly revving a car engine but that's what's gonna happen 9.30 Saturday morning if the others are still fannying around with their breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread