Blade in peace (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
image.jpg

Looks a lot leaner.

wal3590

The protest was never going to get rid of SISU was it? That's a big stretch mate, what it did do though for a couple of months is made our plight not only nationwide, but worldwide. Our plight was then covered by SSN, talksport e.c.t, all of who had great sympathy for our fans, yet some of our fans were more bothered about how embarrassed they felt by it. I guess that sums us up too.

Sympathy? How on earth does that help us?

Nick

Administrator
The protest was never going to get rid of SISU was it? That's a big stretch mate, what it did do though for a couple of months is made our plight not only nationwide, but worldwide. Our plight was then covered by SSN, talksport e.c.t, all of who had great sympathy for our fans, yet some of our fans were more bothered about how embarrassed they felt by it. I guess that sums us up too.

If you want to get on TV apply for the Chase or Tipping Point.

Like you say, it wouldn't get rid of SISU but got us sympathy. You weren't bothered about the result but it got sympathy, which did what?

Their fans sang SISU in, they sang we love you sisu, we do after they scored. It's what football fans do, they were taking the piss.

ccfcway

What good came of it? Last I heard SISU are still in? I couldnt make the game but was hugely embarrassed watching on TV

couldn't agree more. Watched this on tv and saw not even on 9,000 in a 30k+ stadium and a group of fans frustrated and angry at their owners.

oh well, some of those present will have walked away now anyway

skybluebeduff

If you want to get on TV apply for the Chase or Tipping Point.

Like you say, it wouldn't get rid of SISU but got us sympathy. You weren't bothered about the result but it got sympathy, which did what?
Why did nearly the whole crowd cheer on the protesters? And why only a tiny few like you moaned about it away from the crowd in the comfort of the internet to voice displeasure about it?

Nick

Administrator
Why did nearly the whole crowd cheer on the protesters? And why only a tiny few like you moaned about it away from the crowd in the comfort of the internet to voice displeasure about it?

To go over old ground again, I moaned at the stupid timing of it when we had our backs to the walls defending the draw which would have been a good result. The same at the Bolton game when we were defending to start blowing whistles that sound like the ref's.

Like you say, people obviously aren't bothered about results as it achieved sympathy.

Look at the reaction to their fans singing we love you sisu, that they did clearly to take the piss.

skybluebeduff

To go over old ground again, I moaned at the stupid timing of it when we had our backs to the walls defending the draw which would have been a good result. The same at the Bolton game when we were defending to start blowing whistles that sound like the ref's.

Like you say, people obviously aren't bothered about results as it achieved sympathy.
It was clear and obvious that our season was fucked after December, hence the built up anger that proceeded over the future games of that season.

Nick

Administrator
It was clear and obvious that our season was fucked after December, hence the built up anger that proceeded over the future games of that season.

I thought people weren't bothered about results? A good win over Bolton could have done the world of good. Got some sympathy though.

For the Bolton game where we were winning in January, we were 2 points from safety.

wal3590

End of the day, nothing us fans do will ever dislodge SISU, Ive gone past the angry stage, no point as they are going nowhere unless a very hefty bid coems in. No point getting wound up about things you can do fuck all about. We are shit, homeless and have the worse owners in the country. Sympathy or anger isn't going to change that.

Nick

Administrator
What a crap comment. Remember who`s side you are supposed to be on !!

Hold on a minute, they sang a song to taunt the other fans. The same as we did when we played Bradford or when Marlon King played.

If they had spat on kids or whatever else they have done then of course it would be disgusting.

clint van damme

I thought people weren't bothered about results? A good win over Bolton could have done the world of good. Got some sympathy though.

I was critical of the Bolton 'protest' because it just seemed to be a few loose canons, (I'm referring to the whistling). I don't put the blades protest in the same category to be honest.

bawtryneal

So they sang a song to taunt us. All away fans do that and as you rightly point out so do Cov fans.
What annoys me is you have to put in the snide comment about how some of our fans reacted in a cringe worthy manner.
I was at the game and I didnt like them singing the pro SISU song. It really pissed me off at the time and it still pisses me off now.

wal3590

So they sang a song to taunt us. All away fans do that and as you rightly point out so do Cov fans.
What annoys me is you have to put in the snide comment about how some of our fans reacted in a cringe worthy manner.
I was at the game and I didnt like them singing the pro SISU song. It really pissed me off at the time and it still pisses me off now.

Get over it. If thats the worst thing that happened to you that month you have done very well

ccfcway

End of the day, nothing us fans do will ever dislodge SISU, Ive gone past the angry stage, no point as they are going nowhere unless a very hefty bid coems in. No point getting wound up about things you can do fuck all about. We are shit, homeless and have the worse owners in the country. Sympathy or anger isn't going to change that.

bingo !

They know this and know that some of us would be left no matter what. The thousands that have walked away wont return in a hurry (unless its Wembley, arsenal or Chelsea - have I missed any Nick ?) and they knew they would have a hardcore of fans that will keep us ticking over while the real game is fought in the court rooms.

People keep using the comment "they batter people in court". As some have pointed out, that doesn't mean they win, just grind down people with attrition. Its exactly what they have done to the fans, as nearly all left now are resigned to what we have, or at least, protesting a lot less about it

skybluebeduff

Let's face it, Nick slags off our fans for every single protest we've ever done, and he can't even deny that. Many of you lot on here can see that.

Otis

And that sums you Blades fans up, sorry mate but their was a bigger picture than worrying about your club that day, our existence and homelessness is still on the line today. Every other club apart you lot had joined in with our protests. So on that note, Sheff Utd fans will always go down as scum to us/me.

You started singing SISU IN before the protest even started.
They did indeed. Could understand it as a reaction TO a protest, but they started singing it before any protest even started and as has been said, they were the only club to sing such a ditty and we had respect from all other clubs' fans. No Sisu in from anyone else.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

But they did react over the top though and some of it was cringeworthy. You are still getting annoyed at away fans singing something about people they have no idea about and were probably all pissed and sniffed up years later.

It's not really snide is it?

Nick

Administrator
@Nick Of late, the majority of threads that go off track and get into an argument, you're at the heart of. You sure as hell didn't build this forum up to what it is by acting this way.

I posted the same as what I posted then that away fans singing SISU in was hardly one of our major worries. I'm not acting like anything.

I didn't bring the protest up, I didn't bring up their reaction to it. I posted that our reaction to them signing a song was over the top and a bit cringeworthy.

skybluebeduff

They did indeed. Could understand it as a reaction TO a protest, but they started singing it before any protest even started and had been said, they were the only club to sing such a ditty and we had respect from all other clubs' fans. No Sisu in from anyone else.
Exactly, they already knew about our protest way before the game, they done that out of spite.

wal3590

People who cant move on from a song over a year ago seemed to start it. Forums are places for peoples opinions I thought?

Otis

People who cant move on from a song over a year ago seemed to start it. Forums are places for peoples opinions I thought?
Any more free thinking and I will have you shut right down in a micro second.

skybluebeduff

It is, hence why I gave my opinion to a Sheff Utd fan about their fanbase, that they are scum. My opinion of course. Like you've said to someone else on here, get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread