Bradford (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Credit to bradford though , that is a loud place .
Its great what they have done to get bums on seats

digsy2

Was there last night - really enjoyed how tight, and tall, the ground is, great atmosphere. Job and Kent both marvellous when they came on. Really missed fleck, vincelot shadow of himself without his interplay/understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was there last night - really enjoyed how tight, and tall, the ground is, great atmosphere. Job and Kent both marvellous when they came on. Really missed fleck, vincelot shadow of himself without his interplay/understanding.

Performance sounds slightly different to my only trip to VP just after Xmas 02 or 03ish we were managed that day by Eric Black &'Gary Mills lost 1-0 Windass scored for them & Steve Staunton hit the roof of the 2nd tier of the away with a pen!
Grim times!

Astute

Enjoyed the game last night. Was certainly better than the 0-0 would suggest. Other than when McArdle missed when it was easier to score it was a game when you could relax and enjoy. It was a good team performance. Marginally the better side and had the better chances. We played more like the home side than them. But you can see why they don't let many goals in or even score many. They need a decent striker. Was hoping the bloody drummer boys arms would drop off :D

Astute

That'll do. Could have won it but I'll take a draw. :D

Good game for a 0-0, I think both sets of fans spent the last 15 minutes worried that the other team would nick it by the only goal. Not a lot to say, two good teams, mistakes were rarely made and with both keepers looking very confident. I'd say Coventry are the best team I've seen so far, but I don't think you were any better than us, we'll be top 4 end of season.

So we are the best side that you have seen all season but not better than the side you see each game? :thinking about::D

digsy2

Forgot to say how brilliant it was being able to stand up all through the game. ..

fernandopartridge

Enjoyed the game last night. Was certainly better than the 0-0 would suggest. Other than when McArdle missed when it was easier to score it was a game when you could relax and enjoy. It was a good team performance. Marginally the better side and had the better chances. We played more like the home side than them. But you can see why they don't let many goals in or even score many. They need a decent striker. Was hoping the bloody drummer boys arms would drop off :D

I think you have to give Stokes credit for McArdle's miss, presuming it was the one in the first half? He did enough to put him off.

James Smith

I'd be wary of any club making predictions past the Jan window to be honest. So many loans to leave, players to be sold, new signings to fuck up, teams to randomly lose form.

As others have said, I bet Notts County thought they were home and dry at this point last season.

On what I've seen so far though: Wigan, Us, Walsall, Bradford. In that order.

Yeah it's a brave person who thinks they can work out the situation post January. Having said that I wish I'd had a flutter on us being in the Playoffs at the start of the season. :)

Last edited:

nunchuckas

Interesting that you say it was a game you could relax to, there's something about Bradford's ground that give me a really eerie feeling! I don't know whether it's the atmosphere and the steepness of the ground, the 'stress' of being top and on an unbeaten run or the fact that my only other trip to Bradford was when we drew 3-3 after hanging on for large periods until Webster gave away an unlucky stoppage time 96th penalty - which then seemed to rock our confidence and capitulate our season!

I'm usually alright, but last night my heart was pounding every time they lumped a ball into our box or we were dicking around with it at the back. Just relieved to have come away with a good point and without disaster!

Speedies_Chips

Interesting that you say it was a game you could relax to, there's something about Bradford's ground that give me a really eerie feeling! I don't know whether it's the atmosphere and the steepness of the ground, the 'stress' of being top and on an unbeaten run or the fact that my only other trip to Bradford was when we drew 3-3 after hanging on for large periods until Webster gave away an unlucky stoppage time 96th penalty - which then seemed to rock our confidence and capitulate our season!

I'm usually alright, but last night my heart was pounding every time they lumped a ball into our box or we were dicking around with it at the back. Just relieved to have come away with a good point and without disaster!

Wasn't it Jordan Clarke who conceded the penalty?

skyblueinBaku

so going back to this,seems pretty significant? why would he tag ccfc and do the hashtag too? wants a move here?

do we need another striker/winger on loan? will we have space?

He's on loan to Huddersfield until the end of the season. It may be a bit complicated to have him pulled out of one loan deal so that he could get another. I'm not sure that we need him anyway.

SlowerThanPlatt

so going back to this,seems pretty significant? why would he tag ccfc and do the hashtag too? wants a move here?

do we need another striker/winger on loan? will we have space?

Him and his dad are big City fans. He teared us apart when Walsall beat us 4-0 back in 2013.

SlowerThanPlatt

The lifelong Coventry City fan was in the stands cheering the Sky Blues to victory in the JP Trophy on Tuesday night and will be face to face with one of his boyhood heroes, Gary McSheffrey at 3pm tomorrow.

“I am a fan – not on Saturday though,” said the 20-year-old lad from Wyken whose parents Stuart and Wendy will be watching at the Ricoh.

“I used to look up to Craig Bellamy and Robbie Keane and I had McSheffrey on the back of my shirt when I used to watch him. Now I’m likely to play against him which will be a bit of a mad one.”

Astute

But RCC caught everything and our defence stopped about everything else.

SlowerThanPlatt

The former Caludon Castle schoolboy added: “I still live in Coventry, I drive from there every day, and all my mates are Cov fans, my family are all Coventry fans too.

“I used to go home and away every single game of my life really, until I signed as a professional. That was only three or four year ago and it’s made me even more raring to play.

“My biggest memory as a fan was when we went to Manchester United a few years ago in the League Cup. We took 12,000 fans and Michael Mifsud scored two – we won 2-0 and that was quality.

“I remember more at Highfield Road back in the day we were in the Premier League and challenging in the Championship. It was a different atmosphere back then, they were good times.”

Astute

I think you have to give Stokes credit for McArdle's miss, presuming it was the one in the first half? He did enough to put him off.

Stokes was behind him. McArdle was clean through. Just watched it again on skyblueplayer. I don't know if you were there or not. But if you was you will know that lots laughed at the miss. We thought we were going 1 down.

fernandopartridge

Stokes was behind him. McArdle was clean through. Just watched it again on skyblueplayer. I don't know if you were there or not. But if you was you will know that lots laughed at the miss. We thought we were going 1 down.

It was right under my nose as I was directly behind the goal. Stokes was closing in and his presence would have helped put the player off a bit.

I didn't laugh personally, was more pissed off at Lameiras for ball watching and losing his man to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread