Break even (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Get the management of the team right. Point in question is Burton Albon, come through the leagues on a third of our gates and at the moment not disgracing themselves in the championship. Personally I don't think TM has got it right on the field, anywhere near right. I think he needs to sit down and remember what league he is in. We are too weak all round, especially in the middle of the park and as the winter month approach this will become clearer as for throwing money at the team, this is where you need investors/speculators which should be the sisu forte. They don't seem to be able to do that now. Unless all the above change a long stint in division three or lower will be the result.

Do you know what Burton albions player budget was last season?
I genuinely don't

Last edited:

peeler

I look forward to every match, if we lose then it annoys me, if we win then it is completely different.

The same as it has been since I can remember.

Yes I used to be like that in the 70's & 80's, but sadly year after year it's worn me down.

So I guess it's annoying you a lot at the moment?

Do you really think spending all that money is worth the annoyance? Or do you get free tickets off SISU?

Nick

Administrator
Yes I used to be like that in the 70's & 80's, but sadly year after year it's worn me down.

So I guess it's annoying you a lot at the moment?

Do you really think spending all that money is worth the annoyance? Or do you get free tickets off SISU?

It costs me about £35 a month for a season ticket, I wouldn't class it as "all that money" and yes it is worth it.

I go because it is the team I support, I am not going to suddenly start supporting Leicester or decide I am a Rugby fan because they give me a flag.

Nick

Administrator
Really? You are deluded.
Go to a Wasps match.
That's hooked..

Why am I deluded? I have seen it with my own eyes. Just last season the little lad who only played Fifa and knew about Messi who suddenly wanted everything CCFC and to go to every game and could name every player based on squad number etc.

As well as the little kids running round like girls at a Bieber concert when they saw a city player walk past them?

Still haven't seen many little kids walking around in Wasps shirts locally.

peeler

Back to the kids thing then? They are still getting hooked. Stop trying to go spin that.

Yes, but there's a new kid on the block now, ready to hook them & quite frankly doing a better job of it.

I know several cases of fathers with little ones trying to force their kids to support CCFC by taking them to Highfield Road/Ricoh much too early.
because of that the kids ended up turning their back on it.

italiahorse

Why am I deluded? I have seen it with my own eyes. Just last season the little lad who only played Fifa and knew about Messi who suddenly wanted everything CCFC and to go to every game and could name every player based on squad number etc.

As well as the little kids running round like girls at a Bieber concert when they saw a city player walk past them?
Going well then ?
Do you still see 20,000 in the stadium when you're there ?

stupot07

Back to the kids thing then? They are still getting hooked. Stop trying to go spin that.
My little one (5 years) is absolutely besotted with the sky blues and football, he's completely hooked.

I also take my 2 newphews and they are cov fans despite their parent supporting big PL clubs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Going well then ?
Do you still see 20,000 in the stadium when you're there ?

I still see plenty of different kids enjoying CCFC, yes.

I still see a 7 year old having their day made because they have a letter from Tony Mowbray or Sky Blue Sam and a certificate that goes up on the fridge.

I'd hazard a guess that you and Peeler don't have much to do with the JSB's or what goes on with them? No surprise you are both on here getting excited about Wasps again.

italiahorse

My little one (5 years) is absolutely besotted with the sky blues and football, he's completely hooked.

I also take my 2 newphews and they are cov fans despite their parent supporting big PL clubs.

Give us an update in a year.

peeler

I still see a 7 year old having their day made because they have a letter from Tony Mowbray or Sky Blue Sam and a certificate that goes up on the fridge.

I'd hazard a guess that you and Peeler don't have much to do with the JSB's or what goes on with them?

I don't have any kids Nick, so you are right.

ollyservetta

if breakeven means when we have a player who becomes an asset , there is no reason to cash in at the first chance , that way there is a chance we can build a team ,not try to buy one , that may compete . There is no way we can carry on as we are , we need, as a team stability , ill neve support anyone else as long as ccfc are a competing team , and that is in what ever league we are in . As we are at the moment ,our season starts in janruary after we know what loanees go ,who puts in a transfer request , who we cash in on , troubling thing is , over the last couple of seasons we have stayed up due to early season good form , this year it may be a very different story.

italiahorse

I'd hazard a guess that you and Peeler don't have much to do with the JSB's or what goes on with them? No surprise you are both on here getting excited about Wasps again.
Tried 3 grandkids over the past few years but once was enough for them.

Nick

Administrator
Tried 3 grandkids over the past few years but once was enough for them.

Should have just taken them to see whichever team is doing well at the minute if they just wanted to see a win.

Did they enjoy the JSB zone? Have you thought about signing them up as a JSB? Sounds like you aren't bothered either way anyway.

stupot07

Should have just taken them to see whichever team is doing well at the minute if they just wanted to see a win.

Did they enjoy the JSB zone? Have you thought about signing them up as a JSB? Sounds like you aren't bothered either way anyway.
He didn't even know about the JSB zone until you pointed it out after wasps moved here, and he moaned about nothing for kids.

Yeah looks like thr kids are hooked AF wasps....13.5k (yeah right) for their opener...

dongonzalos

You must realise that there are less and less kids who are Cov fans each year?
Not sure where you and Italia are at in this debate, however are you suggesting that, that isn't the case?
(Sorry just realised it's a wasps verses CCFC debate. Not the decline in young Cov fans over recent years)

Nick

Administrator
You must realise that there are less and less kids who are Cov fans each year?
Not sure where you and Italia are at in this debate, however are you suggesting that, that isn't the case?

I don't know, I don't have access to the stats to see how many JSB members etc there are.

He was saying that kids don't get hooked on CCFC.

The last Christmas Party had much more kids than the year before. Italia and Peeler are just trying to turn it into a Wasps willy wave for a change.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Still haven't seen many little kids walking around in Wasps shirts locally.
Don't get me started on Wasps shirts ffs walking round the city centre you're now seeing more and more young and old. And may I add I hate it

Nick

Administrator
Don't get me started on Wasps shirts ffs walking round the city centre you're now seeing more and more young and old. And may I add I hate it

I haven't seen any yet on non matchdays really. (seen 1 bloke with an old Wasps hat though)

Although on another note the last home game I saw 4 or 5 blokes wearing Cov Rugby shirts, not sure if they were proving a point but they were all separate.

italiahorse

He didn't even know about the JSB zone until you pointed it out after wasps moved here, and he moaned about nothing for kids.

Yeah looks like thr kids are hooked AF wasps....13.5k (yeah right) for their opener...

I don't know, I don't have access to the stats to see how many JSB members etc there are.

He was saying that kids don't get hooked on CCFC.

The last Christmas Party had much more kids than the year before. Italia and Peeler are just trying to turn it into a Wasps willy wave for a change.

Still don't know where it is unless it's by the back door of the wasps shop.
At the end of the day it's getting to them hooked on the football not the extension of their playstation outside their bedroom.

Esoterica

Then fans will move on unfortunately.
If Sisu don't want promotion then why are they here?
Got to admire fans though that just support the team regardless but the facts remain that the fans will dwindle away.
Kids won't get hooked with mediocre and will go for razzmatazz.

You don't take kids to watch the football to get them hooked on football. You get them hooked on football down the park, or playing with their mates or at school. You get them hooked on CCFC on matchdays.

italiahorse

Why would I sign them up as a JSB on their first visit ?
Do they need to be JSB members to go in ?
Who knows and in reality that's the point.

Nick

Administrator
Why would I sign them up as a JSB on their first visit ?
Do they need to be JSB members to go in ?
Who knows and in reality that's the point.

People sign their kids up to be a JSB way before they even go to a game.

You have said your grandkids have been once, and using that as your reasoning that kids don't get hooked on CCFC.

It isn't about winning every game, while it would be nice it isn't a prerequisite on the kids being CCFC fans otherwise I would have been a Man Utd / Liverpool etc fan.

italiahorse

People sign their kids up to be a JSB way before they even go to a game.

You have said your grandkids have been once, and using that as your reasoning that kids don't get hooked on CCFC.

It isn't about winning every game, while it would be nice it isn't a prerequisite on the kids being CCFC fans otherwise I would have been a Man Utd / Liverpool etc fan.
There are more kids supporting Man U / Liverpool in Coventry than there are supporting CCFC.
Why is that ?

Grendel

Really ? On the off chance they might like the football.
Laughable.

So your grand kids were begging you to take them to wasps games as they'd read their great marketing and became hooked?

Don't be ridiculous.

Grendel

There are more kids supporting Man U / Liverpool in Coventry than there are supporting CCFC.
Why is that ?

The same reason they were supporting Leeds in the 70's I would guess.

Nick

Administrator
Why is that ?

It was the same when I was at school 20 years ago... You say that as if it is a new thing.

I'd guess it is nothing to do with kids growing up watching Sky Sports and playing on FIFA and everything to do with SISU though, right?

The CCFC fans who were in my class all had season tickets, the Man Utd fans wouldn't be able to tell you what Old Trafford looked like.

Last edited:

italiahorse

So your grand kids were begging you to take them to wasps games as they'd read their great marketing and became hooked?

Don't be ridiculous.
There all grown up now and can decide for themselves.
I gave up trying.
To be honest they are mad on horses so they live at our stables at weekends and have their own horses.

Esoterica

There all grown up now and can decide for themselves.
I gave up trying.
To be honest they are mad on horses so they live at our stables at weekends and have their own horses.

So finally the real truth - they were just not that into football in the first place. Do you think every kid in Sheffield is now a Wednesday fan because Utd have been in League 1 for 5 seasons? Of course they aren't. Man Utd and Liverpool are massive global brands but it doesn't mean we should just shut it all down and support the top 4 because they're not mediocre. When we were kids in the 80s, my best mate had a Liverpool shirt and yet we were in Div 1 - but I still got hooked on a mediocre CCFC watching Paul Culpin and losing more games than we won.

Users who are viewing this thread