Break even (1 Viewer)

Moff

I think they believe that once a CCFC fan you should just accept everything regardless. Interestly a lot of similar believers also went to Sixfields.

Who said that then? You slag others off Italia but you must be one the most divisive posters on this board. I think you enjoy the arguments you create. Sad really.

Moff

Going well then ?
Do you still see 20,000 in the stadium when you're there ?

I thought you go as well, so perhaps you could answer your own question. Seriously are you really taking the piss out of CCFC to get at Nick? Sad.

Moff

Yes, but there's a new kid on the block now, ready to hook them & quite frankly doing a better job of it.

I know several cases of fathers with little ones trying to force their kids to support CCFC by taking them to Highfield Road/Ricoh much too early.
because of that the kids ended up turning their back on it.

Based on what? Where's the evidence that more kids go to wasps now than CCFC, or do you not have those 'facts'?

Coincidently I know of many fathers who have taken their kids to CCFC and they have been hooked, and none with Wasps. Funny old world isn't it.

peeler

Based on what? Where's the evidence that more kids go to wasps now than CCFC, or do you not have those 'facts'?

Coincidently I know of many fathers who have taken their kids to CCFC and they have been hooked, and none with Wasps. Funny old world isn't it.

I didn't say there was more kids going to Wasps than CCFC. I can't possible say that as I don't have any facts.

I said they are doing a better job at trying to hook them & that is based on my observations.

For example at the Godiva Festival both Wasps & Coventry Bears had tents, giving kids chance to kick a rugby ball, meet a player or charge a tackle bag (or whatever they call them) etc.

Where was the CCFC tent?

Moff

I didn't say there was more kids going to Wasps than CCFC. I can't possible say that as I don't have any facts.

I said they are doing a better job at trying to hook them & that is based on my observations.

For example at the Godiva Festival both Wasps & Coventry Bears had tents, giving kids chance to kick a rugby ball, meet a player or charge a tackle bag (or whatever they call them) etc.

Where was the CCFC tent?

I agree, where was the CCFC tent? It wasn't good enough.

It just originally appeared to me that you were suggesting Wasps had done a better job of having hooked them, and not trying to hook them.

Rugby though is still, and will remain a more minority sport compared to football, but CCFC should never use this as an excuse to do nothing. Wasps recently came to Rugby to do a festival at my child's school. Sixty flags given out, most binned and no Wasps fans gained. Only one child has ever been, on a freebie, never to return. It doesn't always work, but I take my hat off that they gave it a go, something CCFC could learn from.

peeler

I agree, where was the CCFC tent? It wasn't good enough.

It just originally appeared to me that you were suggesting Wasps had done a better job of having hooked them, and not trying to hook them.

Rugby though is still, and will remain a more minority sport compared to football, but CCFC should never use this as an excuse to do nothing. Wasps recently came to Rugby to do a festival at my child's school. Sixty flags given out, most binned and no Wasps fans gained. Only one child has ever been, on a freebie, never to return. It doesn't always work, but I take my hat off that they gave it a go, something CCFC could learn from.

Why no tent, probably either complacency or SISU trying to save a bob or two.

My point is (& I think you accept it) that Wasps are trying a lot harder at the moment to hook them.

Grendel

My point is (& I think you accept it) that Wasps are trying a lot harder at the moment to hook them.

Well they have to - it's a minority sport which is as boring as fuck to most kids and any passionate parents will have been supporting the real team and taking them there.

Not that there is any evidence they are offering more - one example at some festival is hardly anything is it?

Nick

Administrator

Earlier on they were better at actually hooking them, now it is they are trying a lot harder.

They have to try harder don't they? For obvious reasons. I don't think anybody has ever said they aren't trying hard, have they?

Nick

Administrator
But lots have left and kids are not getting hooked anymore.
Go to a Wasps match.
That's hooked..

This is what started it, and now you are banging on about Wasps trying hard.

Italia and Peeler double team. Both have no idea about what goes on for the kids, yet moan about the kids. Standard.

Then people give actual examples of how their kids are hooked on CCFC, then it goes to Wasps trying hard.

Anybody would think this was a CCFC website.

peeler

Earlier on they were better at actually hooking them, now it is they are trying a lot harder.

They have to try harder don't they? For obvious reasons. I don't think anybody has ever said they aren't trying hard, have they?

I didn't say they were hooking them, I said they "ready to hook them" which isn't that dissimilar to "trying to hook them"

But lets just quibble over semantics, because you like doing that, don't you Nick?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say they were hooking them, I said they "ready to hook them" which isn't that dissimilar to "trying to hook them"

But lets just quibble over semantics, because you like doing that, don't you Nick?

Yes, but there's a new kid on the block now, ready to hook them & quite frankly doing a better job of it.

To me, that reads they are doing a better job of "hooking them".

Still, it is another case of people having no idea what they are talking about going on about "the kids", and another attempt to put CCFC down to get excited over Wasps.

It is like the time people were getting excited on here saying how Wasps had local rugger teams there and how great it was to see the kids in their kits and why dont ccfc do it. They had done it the week before at half time.

Nick

Administrator
I've never met Italia, but he does seam like a awfully nice chap who has a better grasp on what's going on at CCFC than you and your herd of sheep.

And because he is a fellow Wasps fan I'd guess? At least he actually bothers with CCFC though in fairness, could never question that bit.

How many anti sisu back pats are you expecting?

eastwoodsdustman

There are more kids supporting Man U / Liverpool in Coventry than there are supporting CCFC.
Why is that ?

They think that by supporting a successful team it makes them more successful. Of course it doesn't really but if they feel better for it so be it. Enough of psychology though.
Its always been like that for as long as I can remember. Not a new thing by any stretch of the imagination.
As for youngsters supporting the club I reckon there are more now than there have been for a fair while. Loads of my lads mates have started to go up /get season tickets when they never did before. The Wasps support will drop off when the freebies dry up and the big crowds will appear for the odd semi final as they do with the football.

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
Promotion events to encourage young fans is bad because Wasps do it says Nick. Small history lesson....
http://www.coventrymemories.co.uk/memory/?id=1049&title=Pop_And_Crisps_At_Highfield_Road

Who has said it is bad? You don't need a history lesson do you?

There are players with the kids every week / match aren't there?

And This...

JSBs-The-Squad-signs-3.jpg

peeler

And because he is a fellow Wasps fan I'd guess? At least he actually bothers with CCFC though in fairness, could never question that bit.

How many anti sisu back pats are you expecting?

I bothered with CCFC from 1969 to about a year ago, I make that 46 years of bothering and I will bother about CCFC again when SISU have gone. Until that day I shall save my money, take in a spot of Rugby and do everything I can to make people see where the evil lies.

If you don't think that good enough for me to classify myself as a fan of CCFC then that's up to you.

Nick

Administrator
I bothered with CCFC from 1969 to about a year ago, I make that 46 years of bothering and I will bother about CCFC again when SISU have gone. Until that day I shall save my money, take in a spot of Rugby and do everything I can to make people see where the evil lies.

If you don't think that good enough for me to classify myself as a fan of CCFC then that's up to you.

I thought you were NOPM but then gave in and went to some games when we were doing well?

Make people see where the evil lies, is that the same as shouting the same made up stuff over and over? I can see why you and Italia would get on in fairness.

italiahorse

I thought you go as well, so perhaps you could answer your own question. Seriously are you really taking the piss out of CCFC to get at Nick? Sad.

The point I'm making is that's it not all okay as people see it. It's not okay to accept it just because the club are doing it. It's not okay to move to Northampton to apply leverage to get a stadium unfairly.
If it's not right then tell them either by contacting them or voting with your feet. Most have already voted.
I go to both Football and Rugby and I'm saying the match day experience is currently better for kids with Wasps. It's not what CCFC fans want to hear but it's factual.
We can all quote someone threw a flag away at school but in reality it's just hiding the actual situation.
Wasps are staying put and again it's not what fans want to hear but it's the reality.
We need to work with that and stop fighting everybody that can help us.
Surely people can see this before we cease to exist.
Unfortunately Sisu don't and once they take on Wasps the writing is on the wall.
Sisu are not fighting for us, they are fighting for their on personal gain and to save their business reputation here, which is in tatters.

eastwoodsdustman

The point I'm making is that's it not all okay as people see it. It's not okay to accept it just because the club are doing it. It's not okay to move to Northampton to apply leverage to get a stadium unfairly.
If it's not right then tell them either by contacting them or voting with your feet. Most have already voted.
I go to both Football and Rugby and I'm saying the match day experience is currently better for kids with Wasps. It's not what CCFC fans want to hear but it's factual.
We can all quote someone threw a flag away at school but in reality it's just hiding the actual situation.
Wasps are staying put and again it's not what fans want to hear but it's the reality.
We need to work with that and stop fighting everybody that can help us.
Surely people can see this before we cease to exist.
Unfortunately Sisu don't and once they take on Wasps the writing is on the wall.
Sisu are not fighting for us, they are fighting for their on personal gain and to save their business reputation here, which is in tatters.

In the same way its not OK for a London rugby club to uproot and move 100 miles away. If you think they've moved specifically for the entertainment of the people of Coventry then carry on.
As for SISU, nobody wants them here. They are here because there was no one else. The only thing I'll say for them is that they want what we want in one way or another. They need the team to be promoted to get anything back. We want the same. Should they spunk millions up the wall to try and get us some success? We tried that and look what we are still paying for now some 20 years on.

italiahorse

Who said that then? You slag others off Italia but you must be one the most divisive posters on this board. I think you enjoy the arguments you create. Sad really.
Im only stating how I see it.
It's almost as if nobody is allowed to mention Wasps here and has to accept that CCFC are doing okay.
The clue is in the attendances. People are voting with their feet. There is only a hard core of 5,000 (was 10,0000) that turn up regardless.
But to be successful we need to provide what they want to see.
Those people saying we need to turn up whatever crap they are watching are delusional.
A hard core of 1,000 in the conference is where we are heading yet I bet the same few on here will be arguing away in the same futile manner.

Nick

Administrator
It's almost as if nobody is allowed to mention Wasps here and has to accept that CCFC are doing okay.
The clue is in the attendances. People are voting with their feet. There is only a hard core of 5,000 (was 10,0000) that turn up regardless.
Those people saying we need to turn up whatever crap they are watching are delusional.
A hard core of 1,000 in the conference is where we are heading yet I bet the same few on here will be arguing away in the same futile manner.

Wasn't it you banging on about us being liquidated and starting from scratch with Wasps as owners?

How would it work if we were fan owned? If the attendances were low, what other option would there to be than make cuts to run "even"?

Esoterica

What would you like CCFC to do better to improve the match day experience for kids?

italiahorse

Wasn't it you banging on about us being liquidated and starting from scratch with Wasps as owners?

How would it work if we were fan owned? If the attendances were low, what other option would there to be than make cuts to run "even"?
We would be looking up not down

italiahorse

Very strange considering we would get moved down 6 or 7 leagues and the ambition would be to get back into the football league.....Where we are now.
Okay, so where are we going?
Surely there is nothing happening that will improve are position.
My guess is we will remain in this league for several more years with more chance of relegation than promotion.
I'm sticking with it but many more wont.

Esoterica

It's not just the kids, it's almost everything is poor.
Communication is the worst.

It was just about hooking the kids for most of this thread. I've asked you a direct question, offering you a simple chance to turn your negativity into a chance to show some positive thinking and instead you've moved the goalposts and extended your generic negativity point.

Nick

Administrator
Okay, so where are we going?
Surely there is nothing happening that will improve are position.
My guess is we will remain in this league for several more years with more chance of relegation than promotion.
I'm sticking with it but many more wont.

So it is bad to remain in this league, so you want to fold the club and start again with the ambition of getting to this league after 7 or so years. Makes perfect sense.

Nick

Administrator
It was just about hooking the kids for most of this thread. I've asked you a direct question, offering you a simple chance to turn your negativity into a chance to show some positive thinking and instead you've moved the goalposts and extended your generic negativity point.

If anything, the JSB stuff makes the matchday a highlight for kids and is one of the good things.

Moff

Users who are viewing this thread