Match Thread Bristol City (A) (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Take a point and 3 v Preston Saturday

Il be there , 1400 city I reckon

Jonny

1273 sold when they put the latest article up on Thursday, hoping for 1600-1700. WIll go for an optimistic 2-1 but would happily take a point.

Philosorapter

I have City up into eighth place on ability.

Only two teams, 1600+ which are Fulham and Bournemouth.

I would still suggest 1600 would be around where you need to reach by the end of the season for the play-offs, given the expected surge from teams trying to get into the Premiership.

It's still, a lot of progression from where Coventry were last year.

20.02.22 CCFC.PNG

giffy2.gif

Attachments

• BristolvCov.gif
    BristolvCov.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 38

SkyblueTexan

Will be a very tough game. Much like us, they are good at home and not so good away. Still we should not be playing for just a point if we really want to challenge for the playoffs. I’ll take another 93rd minute winner. Think MR will rotate some players. Maybe time to start Dabo in place of Kane and Hamer in place of Sheaf who’s supposedly knackered. Otherwise possibly an unchanged lineup.

rexo87

Will be a very tough game. Much like us, they are good at home and not so good away. Still we should not be playing for just a point if we really want to challenge for the playoffs. I’ll take another 93rd minute winner. Think MR will rotate some players. Maybe time to start Dabo in place of Kane and Hamer in place of Sheaf who’s supposedly knackered. Otherwise possibly an unchanged lineup.
Yes wondered if he may try and give Sheaf a rest as hes played every minute of every game recently including 120 vs Southampton. Could play Allen and Hamer in the holding roles as they were fairly good when they did it earlier in the season. If he doesn't rest Sheaf I can see him going to the box with Allen and Ohare in CAM.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Looked very jaded on Saturday, that’ll just continue here. That said if Bristol look as shit as Cardiff did I hope we show a bit more ambition on the pitch rather than passively let the game drift away.

Briles

Are we allowed to start the game with 10 men?

Gint11

Tough game again, 3 days after a game.
Worried we are getting flatter and flatter.

They are in better form but ability wise, they aren’t as good as us. They will be organised though and tough to break down and probably dangerous on set pieces. We’ll dominate the ball again, it’s just whether we do anything in the box.

1-1 or a defeat (similar to Cardiff)
I am slightly going for reverse psychology though.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Tough one to call but hoping the last minute winner against Barnsley with the injection of Gus, Dabs and Tavs will get us over the 3 points line.

Liquid Gold

Both not in great form and both won at the weekend so I see a point.

I hope the atmosphere is a bit better than Cardiff which was quiet flat. Ashton Gate is flat as anything though so not expecting much.

SkyBlueMatt

Looking forward to this, it was important to get the win at the weekend to raise spirits. Thankfully, the wind should drop by tomorrow

Hamer back will be a massive boost. I don't think we'll win though but anything can happen if we can be a bit more clinical.

PVA

Have a sneaky feeling we will win this one.

Scrappy late goal of Gyokeres' backside will do.

Hamer will make a big difference though, as others have said above I wonder if Sheaf will get a rest.

PVA

I think if Waghorn starts then Tavares will get longer off the bench this time.

But my guess is Gyo starts on his own with the box behind him and Waghorn will replace him at some point to give him a much needed rest, and Tavares can come on for one of the AMs if we are chasing a goal.

larry_david

I think MR has to manage the game this week. Not plan his subs before hand. As someone above stats, Cardiff after 10 mins looked utter dross, we should have gone for it there and then. If Bristol look equally shite, we have to go hit them quick rather than staying to the 'plan'

SkyBlueSoul

Good effort that for a £28 non-local Tuesday night away, especially with the weather atm

Reactions: AOM

CDK

Really think robins will put hamer in for sheaf who needs a rest and Viktor up top in a box formation ,will settle for a point here all day long.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think this will be tough and would take a point. Away game I reckon back to the box. Just hope we're not going to wear Gyokeres down.

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Sheaf Hamer Maatsen
O'Hare Allen
Gyokeres

Wilson, Bidwell, Dabo, Rose, Shipley/Jones, Waghorn, Tavares​

clint van damme

Yes wondered if he may try and give Sheaf a rest as hes played every minute of every game recently including 120 vs Southampton. Could play Allen and Hamer in the holding roles as they were fairly good when they did it earlier in the season. If he doesn't rest Sheaf I can see him going to the box with Allen and Ohare in CAM.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I think he'll bench Sheaf.
He looked off it Saturday and I think fatigue is definitely a factor.
Would like to see vik given a rest as well but not overly keen on the idea of Waghorn or Waghorn/Tavares up front.

Users who are viewing this thread