Match Thread Bristol City (A) (2 Viewers)

Paxman II

Just don't lose. We will be after a smash and grab win. Someone had better be able to put the ball in the back of the net!

no_loyalty

They're only a bogey team when we play there.hahaha

I don’t think we have beaten them at home in the league for a good while, the last win against them was in the JPT when Leon Clarke scored twice at the end.

Skybluebeliever

Waghorns shit but id start him up top alone tomorrow

Gyok needs a rest. Same for Sheaf.

Moore
Kane Hyam Fadz JCS Bidwell
Hamer. Allen
OHare Maatsen
Waghorn

Subs Wilson Dabo Rose Shipley Sheaf Howley Gyok

Dabo for Kane at 60
Gyok for Waghorn the same
If losing/ drawing then Tavares for Maatsen around 70 mins

Feel this can help with the tired legs
I agree and think this will be the team but Vic starting instead of waghorn .Dabo is close to starting I think but probably not tomorrow , sheaf needs a rest

tommy hutch legend

How different is our 'style' from Swansea's last season? I thought they were very similar.
Waghorns shit but id start him up top alone tomorrow

Gyok needs a rest. Same for Sheaf.

Moore
Kane Hyam Fadz JCS Bidwell
Hamer. Allen
OHare Maatsen
Waghorn

Subs Wilson Dabo Rose Shipley Sheaf Howley Gyok

Dabo for Kane at 60
Gyok for Waghorn the same
If losing/ drawing then Tavares for Maatsen around 70 mins

Feel this can help with the tired legs
why would you play someone you rate as shit up top on his own

Hutch11

Going to be very tough there , they're much better now than they were at the CBS
Saying that, if we have the energy we'll give them a bloody good game

no_loyalty

loss tomorrow tough place to go

A few months ago they couldn’t buy a win at home but all of a sudden they have turned it around, I agree that this will be a difficult one but we have to get the three points.

Saddlebrains

why would you play someone you rate as shit up top on his own

Because Gyoks blowing out of his fucking arse.

He was clean through at one point Saturday and was like he was running through treacle, absolute Kevin Kyle levels of pace.

He's bollocksed. Stick Waghorn up there and hope for the best, Robins will be looking for a point anyway lets not pretend

Johhny Blue

He was clean through at one point Saturday and was like he was running through treacle, absolute Kevin Kyle levels of pace.

He's bollocksed. Stick Waghorn up there and hope for the best, Robins will be looking for a point anyway lets not pretend
If only we had a young player that was really really fast!

rexo87

He'll be fine. Don't have the backup to be resting him. His overall play on Saturday was still far better than any other striker we have. This clean through was also about 85 mins in.

Just needs to get through these 2 games then he has the luxury of a full week rest before the next one

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

He'll be fine. Don't have the backup to be resting him. His overall play on Saturday was still far better than any other striker we have. This clean through was also about 85 mins in.

Just needs to get through these 2 games then he has the luxury of a full week rest before the next one

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

His shots even early on were tired and weak. Then again we play Waghorn on his own and it'll be just as ineffective.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got a nasty feeling MR will set us up to draw and we let them score from nowhere.

A fresh Hamer should terrorise their midfield though.

I really want to win and sing "Matty James, this could have been you"

I think MR's hands are tied, the team was out on its arse last Tuesday never mind tomorrow. Though given we're not going to hold it tight for a full 90 we may as well be a bit brave.

steve101

Not helped by having the sprinklers on before kick off. I don't get why they do that when the pitch is sodden anyway?

CDK

His shots even early on were tired and weak. Then again we play Waghorn on his own and it'll be just as ineffective.
Even the early efforts of vik Saturday were lacking power through tiredness more than anything and think robins may not use the box and put waghorn up alongside him just to take the pressure off the boy and risk still not losing a game we need something from.

Bad Boy

Sadly can't go, only 4 weeks since I had left knee replacement. Son and grandson who live in Wiltshire are going, anyone know what the car parking situation is like around the ground?

Brighton Sky Blue

One of those rare instances I would support him going 4-stodge-1 to just stifle the game up to the 60-70 minute mark.

Bad Boy

Impossible.
Oh great!
In that case, rather them than me!

Following on....
Seems he's done his research and is using Brislington park and ride.

Perhaps his 3 years at Lancaster University wasn't wasted after all!

Last edited:

coop

Nothing to fear Bristol are one one of the worst team I've seen us play this year. But we have been poor last 3 games.

Users who are viewing this thread