Broken Britain (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

There's nothing political about this, it's just thuggery and opportunism basically. As some Twitter person put it quite nicely:

The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms.The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV

Nick

Administrator
Id love to snipe them like on cod! Just have snipers with rubber bullets picking them off!

It is like the police are playing chess but the rioters are boxing! They are just trying to be strategic

AngryAnt

Think they already are.

Can't really see what Cobra is going to do with this? Besides "ohhhh scary nameeee". Cameron is a lightweight at the best of times.

rob9872

lol of course not! It was a joke after you said about bad language and the "woohoo" that I hadn't been culled. Lighten up mate :)

gouldberg

According to Sky News it seems to be getting worse in London as the minutes go by. The police finding it impossible to keep up with the rioters.

sy79

I know Cher Lloyds song is horrible but dont see the point in rioting bout it!!!!!

But on a serious note I am shocked at what's happening! I feel for the police and the other emergency services having to waste there time and deal with the low life of Britain!

gouldberg

Riots have now spread to Liverpool and apparently there are reports a Police Station in Birmingham has been set on fire!

Ernie Machin

This is how Koreans dealt with the 1992 LA riots.

58852252.jpg

dutchman

This is how Koreans dealt with the 1992 LA riots.

There was a time when I felt the same way. I'm pleased to say I've since changed.

In any riot situation feelings become inflamed on both sides and people say or do things which they wouldn't normally do and regret later.

I've been there, done that.

Last edited:

bishbosh

Watching the live coverage on the BBC website at work.

I am horrified and disgusted and saddened at the same time. I may have moved away but I love England and I am speechless. There is nothing political about what is going on; thugs thieving as far as I can tell. Why? I don't know - but I guess it's an adrenalie rush to be chased by police, the change to stick it to authority, boredom and no fear of recriminations. I see it in Schools everyday where kids tell teachers to F*** off when asked to do work or challenged about beating some other kid around the head. There is nothing that teachers, police or any authority figures can do about it other than 'restorative justice' and give them a big hug. That is also why the Police can only stand by and watch the looters - because if they do anything somehow the Police would be in the wrong - damned if you do and damned if you don't.

All the rights and no responsibility.

Otis

I really just can't get my head around all this. Are parents in some way to blame for not teaching their children right from wrong?

I have been totally broke before in the past. Totally penniless. I recall a time where I was living in a house with no hot water, no electricity, mould on all the walls and rotten floorboards that would give way at the slightest touch. I had 16p to last me a whole week at one point for all my food, everything. At no point did I think about stealing or looting or robbing or rioting.

I was brought up to know right from wrong. I have never shoplifted or stole and if I had been walking past a shop with its windows smashed and goods laid out readily and easy just to pick up and take during these past few nights i would have just walked on by. My parents taught me right from wrong! You don't steal, you don't rob, you don't cheat.

I can see no vindication for this whatseover. I don't care what your background is, there is right and there is wrong!!

I hope the police are able to arrest every single person who has burnt, stole, looted and robbed during this shameful incident.

I'mARealWizard

This is incredibly upsetting and distressing.

I am truly ashamed of my British roots when this is how sections of our youth are being portrayed around the world.

However, this is nothing to do with being 'liberal' - which means respecting every person's beliefs and rights.

And it is most certainly as far from PC as you can get.

How are the riots a direct result of political correctness?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
firstly i cant believe what is going on ...... cant find the words to describe how i feel about these low lifes

secondly i am dumbfounded by some of the rubbish spouted as justification....... "these kids have nothing they have been forgotten" this would be the same kids driving off in a car with looted goods would it

or "this is the only way we can get our message across" really! how the hell does that justify ruining someones livelihood or burning down shops and homes

"we get picked on by the police" - not because the police see a potential for trouble then ? which has been proven right by the very actions of "protest"

THis started as a peaceful protest - no problem with that. It has been hijacked by criminal elements out for personal gain. It has nothing to do with rights of our youth, social deprivation, the right of protest. It is criminal, violent and selfish.

This is people thinking the world owes them something - so they are damn well going to take it - lock them up!

Last edited:

I'mARealWizard

...and then you see a shining light in the darkness. Two people help out an injured person and assist him to safety.

Oh, what's that? They end up opening his backpack whilst helping him and rob him.

That just sums up this whole sorry state of affairs.

People instinctively know right from wrong. I don't give a shit what upbringing you have, no-one of sound mind believes that they are doing nothing wrong. :jerkit:

skyblueprincess

I am a mother , an di know if my children were not home while this mindless thuggery was happing i would be walking the streets to get them home , Where are the parents of these children

Otis

I heard that everyone was using the opportunity to take back all their Coldplay CD's and sneak them back on the shelves without anyone noticing.

tommydazzle

You have to remember that these kids are from deprived communities. They don't have the latest iphone or trainers or gold jewellery. It's hard for us to imagine the suffering they endure everyday not being able to enjoy the basics of life that we all take for granted such as fresh plasma TVs and those fashion essentials. Until we undestand that they are the true victims of these riots and not the so called innocent people who have lost everything the sooner we will mend broken Britain.

Nick

Administrator
You have to remember that these kids are from deprived communities. They don't have the latest iphone or trainers or gold jewellery. It's hard for us to imagine the suffering they endure everyday not being able to enjoy the basics of life that we all take for granted such as fresh plasma TVs and those fashion essentials. Until we undestand that they are the true victims of these riots and not the so called innocent people who have lost everything the sooner we will mend broken Britain.

I hope that is tongue in cheek?

JCR1987

The villa shop was looted yesterday - 200 shirts got thrown back in :p

List of solutions to the problem:

1. Water Cannon
2. Rubber bullets
3. Police Dogs
4. Tear Gas
5. The army

That took me 30 seconds to think of and type, why is it taking the government 3 days+ to implement even one of those?

Marty

I'm sure it is, because from my own expierence of working in areas like these, it's the people who sit around doing nothing all day that have the luxuries. They seem to hold material objects in high regard, it's us normal people who work for a living that seem to be more cautious with our money and spend it alot more wisely.

tommydazzle

I am a mother , an di know if my children were not home while this mindless thuggery was happing i would be walking the streets to get them home , Where are the parents of these children

and all the fourteen year old girls wandering the streets at midnight - shouldn't they be at home looking after their kids?

Users who are viewing this thread