Callum contract offer (3 Viewers)

SKYBLUES90

What a cretin this bloke is, like an attention starved teenager. He's got people in the comments hanging on his every word 🤣

If he doesn't want to sign what we are offering that's fine, no point breaking the wage structure for one player as it'll just lead to everyone expecting parity.

Attention seeking bell…

SkyBlue_Bear83

My guess is the sticking point is concern regarding injury history and chance of it happening again
Obviously it was a big injury but before last season he didn't have a reputation for being injury prone and was available pretty much every game so i would hope the chances of it happening again are low.

I guess he wants a Premier League move but i really can't see anyone taking a chance on him honestly.

SlowerThanPlatt

The talk was when Villa released him that if they'd been relegated and Grealish sodded off, they'd have kept O'Hare - Grealish meaning the end of your Villa career isn't exactly a damning indictment.
Not sure that was related, Villa cut all the 21-22 year olds off who had not made the grade to concentrate on the younger players.

SlowerThanPlatt

The CEO said: “Frankly, I’m going to be brutal, 22-year-olds playing in an under-23 team means your system isn’t working. It means your system has failed because 22-year-old footballers at Aston Villa need to be in the first team.

“The ultimate goal is to populate the under-23 team with 11 outstanding 16, 17 and 18-year-olds, then I will know it’s working. And that will take years, not months.

Deity

The CEO said: “Frankly, I’m going to be brutal, 22-year-olds playing in an under-23 team means your system isn’t working. It means your system has failed because 22-year-old footballers at Aston Villa need to be in the first team.

“The ultimate goal is to populate the under-23 team with 11 outstanding 16, 17 and 18-year-olds, then I will know it’s working. And that will take years, not months.
This has to be right doesn’t it.

fernandopartridge

Realistically though he's hoping for a sideward step on more money at best ?

Is he prem level ? Not for me ATM , he might adapt to the prem but who will take that risk

At this point though he doesn't need to make the decision, whether his best alternative now is a sideways step or whether he is or isn't prem standard, he doesn't need to sign a contract with us in January.

CV22SBA

same thing. corporate still not sold out despite it being a sell out crowd. supply over demand isnt there for the price
Boxes were sold out before xmas for this game.
Club Coventry is sold out, blocks B&E. Infact there are only 18 single seats spare anyway as the rest are ST's.
Legends is sold out.
The Mill is sold out.
Only the balcony is left.

skybluecam

To be fair to Cal, he will be 26 this summer. Any contract he signs with anyone is likely to be a 3-4 year deal, which takes him to 29/30.

If his ambition is to play in the premier league then getting this move wrong likely kills that dream.

CCFCSteve

To be fair to Cal, he will be 26 this summer. Any contract he signs with anyone is likely to be a 3-4 year deal, which takes him to 29/30.

If his ambition is to play in the premier league then getting this move wrong likely kills that dream.

Said before, stick a relatively low release clause in that kicks in this summer or next could deal with that

Martin180

How? I don’t think you realise the jump in quality it takes to be a starter in the Premier League week in week out - he is a decent Championship player
And you realise ?
He could easily make the squad , not necessarily start, of any of the bottom six sides

SlowerThanPlatt

That's the thing though. Lower division plus no Grealish = O'Hare in the first team

He wouldn’t have been. They’d have signed better and had better from their relegated squad.

They also had a returning Jacob Ramsey from the same level as O’Hare who went onto play 22 PL games.

NorthernWisdom

How? I don’t think you realise the jump in quality it takes to be a starter in the Premier League week in week out - he is a decent Championship player
Hamer has played a reasonable amount and, of the big three, he was the one Robins would have rather lost than O'Hare.

I don't see why O'Hare wouldn't be confident in himself of making it into the Forest first team, say, and I don't see why a Forest wouldn't be willing to give him the opportunity to try, if not a guarantee.

Sky Blue Pete

I don't mind players leaving for a new challenge or more cash - it's a short career and they have to look after themselves.

I do however mind:

1. Players that string the club along and then pretend like they love the place - Hamer turning up at every game he can pisses me off, you made your bed, lie in it.

2. Sycophants that will stick up for the player no matter what when it's been clear throughout the Robins era that no player is bigger than the club and we will progress with or without them example:

Grimmer!!!! Ffs ha ha ha

alexccfc99

Hamer has played a reasonable amount and, of the big three, he was the one Robins would have rather lost than O'Hare.

I don't see why O'Hare wouldn't be confident in himself of making it into the Forest first team, say, and I don't see why a Forest wouldn't be willing to give him the opportunity to try, if not a guarantee.
Crazy if true - I’d have personally piggy backed O’Hare to where he wanted to go if it meant we kept Hamer

wingy

Said before, stick a relatively low release clause in that kicks in this summer or next could deal with that
But he in really owes us nothing we already had 4 free season's or will have, there's only one destination for him IMO,if he can be tempted a signing on fee?

PVA

We made the playoffs last year without him. We're in the playoff hunt this season with him playing only 28% of minutes, and without Gyokeres and Hamer.

I hope he stays, but if he doesn't then the club will continue to build and grow.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why would we do that and more importantly, why would COH agree to that?

1. We want value for a player we’ve developed
2. COH contract expires this summer. Signing a contract with a low release clause deters a team from signing him.

It’s a bad deal for both parties. Not to mention if he gets another serious injury.

CCFCSteve

But he in really owes us nothing we already had 4 free season's or will have, there's only one destination for him IMO,if he can be tempted a signing on fee?

Agreed he doesn’t owe us anything as we got him on a free. If he does sign a new contract with a release clause that gives him security for the next. say, three years which is a consideration when he’s just come back from a long term injury and means he can get still get a Prem move if someone comes in….or even better helps us get promoted and stops here

If he wants to go though, no hard feelings from me, it’s more the unsubstantiated BS about us not being willing to pay big enough wages that doesn’t sit well

Users who are viewing this thread