Callum O'Hare (6 Viewers)

Grendel

Where can we find this info?

It’s actually very easy to find. He was on £20k a week at Bristol and rejected a move to Cardiff as he said he would see out his contract - we took the contract as part of the fee arrangement

I’m just a humble nobody - you are an award winning hotshot journalist - I’m sure you can find it if you try hard enough Scoop

SBT

It’s actually very easy to find. He was on £20k a week at Bristol and rejected a move to Cardiff as he said he would see out his contract - we took the contract as part of the fee arrangement

I’m just a humble nobody - you are an award winning hotshot journalist - I’m sure you can find it if you try hard enough Scoop
Just asking for a link so we know you’re not another pretend ITK, no need to get defensive if you don’t have one

Danceswithhorses

Is it revisionism?

I see that COH scored his goals all in a relatively short period of time. As someone who hasn’t been a prolific scorer in their career, is it more likely that is a run of amazing form?

Put it this way:

If we we wanted to sign an attacking midfielder from League 1 or even a lower championship side with the below stats, would you be excited?

View attachment 35053

Add 3 goals and an assist in the FA Cup too.
That's an interesting graphic which shows how you can read what you like into statistics, to backup your point of view.
eg looking at his bookings/game ratio :

23/24 it was 1:27 (27/1)
21/22 it was 1:6 (45/7)
20/21 it was 1:9 (46/5)

Does this imply that this season, he is not trying as hard by not putting himself about ?
FWIW i don't believe this, but it shows how easily statistics can be (mis)interpreted.

You could equally say he's scored more goals/game this season, especially if you add in his fa cup goals.
That might imply that he's trying harder this season, the complete opposite view from above.

Remember kids...statistics are only 71% accurate.

Mucca Mad Boys

The question has nothing to do with CoH as his stats aren’t from League One. It just comes across as bitter because he hasn’t signed a new contract. When he’s playing at a higher level than us next season I doubt his new club will be worrying about a hypothetical situation about what if his stats were from League One.

It appears Robins would certainly disagrees with you considering we offered him a substantial contract.

So both you and @Ccfcisparks duck the question.

Stop making up nonsense about I’m saying. Saying a player is replaceable does not mean they are mediocre or that I wouldn’t offer him a new contract.

COH has been offered a contract and has apparently rejected it because he knows where he’s going next. There won’t be anyone on this that will not thank him for his part in our journey. He’s helped us, we’ve helped him and players coming and going is part and parcel of the game.

We need a replacement, that’s all there is to it. There are better players out there and according to @Saddlebrains, our targets are ‘shit hot’.

New heroes emerge and we’re on the up.

Saddlebrains

Stop making up nonsense about I’m saying. Saying a player is replaceable does not mean they are mediocre or that I wouldn’t offer him a new contract.

COH has been offered a contract and has apparently rejected it because he knows where he’s going next. There won’t be anyone on this that will not thank him for his part in our journey. He’s helped us, we’ve helped him and players coming and going is part and parcel of the game.

We need a replacement, that’s all there is to it. There are better players out there and according to @Saddlebrains, our targets are ‘shit hot’.

If we're honest none of Kasey or Callum are good enough if we really want to push for Autos next season

Ccfcisparks

Didn't duck the question? Answered it honestly.

if Palmer is as good as people say he should start the season as number 10.

Mucca Mad Boys

O'Hare playing as he was in Dec/Jan certainly would be.

Maybe this is revisionism, but I think he just had a really good run in that period that was a statistical outlier. When was the last game COH looked like scoring?

Look at Godden, scored 6 goals this season. Doesn’t look terrible for a 3rd choice option until you realise he’s scored 1 league goal since September.

I’d rather COH signed the extension but replacing him isn’t quite the same task as replacing Gyokeres or Hamer.

Ccfcisparks

Based on what ? Seriously you keep claiming O'Hare is vastly superior but he didn't figure last season and bar a superb run of games around Xmas he hasn't sustained that level .
Maybe the fact hes got more goals this season than Palmer has in his last 4 and he's only played 2/3 of the year.

5 goals 8 assists in his last full season at this level.

You are talking rubbish no surprise.

Martin180

In our last two games we've played PL opposition or as close to it . In neither games could you watch us and claim O'Hare was a level above or even one of our better players .These are the games he should be standing out in
And once again that isn't suggesting Palmer is as I think he has reached his level with us

Mucca Mad Boys

That is complete and utter nonsense im sorry.
Who would COH consistently start for out of the teams playing for automatics; Southampton, Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester.

Then, do the exact same thing for the relegation battling teams in the Prem; Burnley, Sheff U, Luton, Everton and Forest.

I don’t think he starts for any of them.

Martin180

Maybe the fact hes got more goals this season than Palmer has in his last 4 and he's only played 2/3 of the year.

5 goals 8 assists in his last full season at this level.

You are talking rubbish no surprise.
Insults ,really ?
Like has been suggested about Godden , stats can cloud over a poor run of form

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe this is revisionism, but I think he just had a really good run in that period that was a statistical outlier. When was the last game COH looked like scoring?

Look at Godden, scored 6 goals this season. Doesn’t look terrible for a 3rd choice option until you realise he’s scored 1 league goal since September.

I’d rather COH signed the extension but replacing him isn’t quite the same task as replacing Gyokeres or Hamer.
I think he came back really keen to earn the transfer he missed out on last time, busted a gut to produce those performances, earned the transfer then cooled his jets.

Martin180

Callum has 9 goal contributions in 27 games. Thats 15 over the course of the season, he offers us significantly more off the ball than Palmer.

Palmer has 4 goal contributions...
Again this is where the two players differ . O'Hare plays off the forwards in and around the box . Palmer likes to play deeper and thread through passes , so it's likely his first phase stats would be higher

Mucca Mad Boys

If we're honest none of Kasey or Callum are good enough if we really want to push for Autos next season
Agreed, I like Palmer as a player, but as his detractors point out, his goals and assists contributions are not there.

There’s touchy reaction to saying we need to improve certain areas to get to the next level. We have a perfectly acceptable team for where we’re at in the present moment; a team that is competing for the playoffs.

That’s where we’re at now, but we aspire to be a consolidated Prem team. We need to continuously improve the team and bring in players that get us there.

Even the games we beat Leeds and Leicester, you can see that they moved the ball better than us. Likewise, this applies to when we played the likes of WBA, Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton.

Some of this is squad depth, injuries and tactics. Factors that impact every team, ultimately we’re probably going to fall short this season.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he came back really keen to earn the transfer he missed out on last time, busted a gut to produce those performances, earned the transfer then cooled his jets.

That’s a cynical take, I do believe he’s been a bit more selfish since he’s came back. That, however, isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Especially when he was scoring goals.

I don’t buy into the idea he’s ‘cooled his jets’ or ‘downed tools’.

The Championship is a ruthless league and grinds players down and COH has come back from a serious injury. It’s tough on the players.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s a cynical take, I do believe he’s been a bit more selfish since he’s came back. That, however, isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Especially when he was scoring goals.

I don’t buy into the idea he’s ‘cooled his jets’ or ‘downed tools’.

The Championship is a ruthless league and grinds players down and COH has come back from a serious injury. It’s tough on the players.
It might be cynical but ultimately footballers need to be selfish and look out for number one, particularly those who've already had one serious long term injury. It would make perfect sense for him to tone down his efforts with a transfer in the bag so he doesn't risk an injury in the process.

mmttww

Good lad dont blame him.

Vik and Hamer both know they'd be off but played their guts out every minute they were here. To be clear, I don't buy in to CoH having 'downed tools' but if I'm following the thread, you're saying you don't blame him if he has. Don't get that at all. It's a weird take.

Users who are viewing this thread