Transfer Rumour Callum Styles (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

Heard its fallen through - Will King vetoed it because Styles wouldn't lie and tell people he shaved his balls in a new advertising campaign.

usskyblue

stevemartin-cork.gif

twistandshout

Sounds like yet another versatile player. Really does seem like Robins is building a fluid interchangeable team, where outside the back 3, the players will drop in around the pitch where needed / there's space and really be ready to hurt teams at any given moment with our quality.
Even Lati can play right back and is an international defensive midfielder.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If anyone is at the CBS today watching the u21s keep an eye out for Callum Styles.

JimmyHillsbeard

The timing of this cd work in our favour.
If we are now seen as
1) a club that is going places, (play off finals and still capable of beating Middlesbro 3-0 after losing Hamer)
2) a club that allows players to improve and move onto mega bucks (Gyökeres and Hamer)

Then we ought to be able to compete with the type of ambitious youngish player we want to attract.

Of course our wages have to be competitive but the days when Liam Walsh chose to stay at and Matty James opted to join Bristol City rather than join the journey might be over for now.

lord_garrincha

The timing of this cd work in our favour.
If we are now seen as
1) a club that is going places, (play off finals and still capable of beating Middlesbro 3-0 after losing Hamer)
2) a club that allows players to improve and move onto mega bucks (Gyökeres and Hamer)

Then we ought to be able to compete with the type of ambitious youngish player we want to attract.

Of course our wages have to be competitive but the days when Liam Walsh chose to stay at and Matty James opted to join Bristol City rather than join the journey might be over for now.
I thought this too... the turnaround (whether perceived or true) in the last 2 years is mad!

TomRad85

He's 27 and played league 1 level for years, probably a bit too old for MR to consider now.

He's Bristol City's standard, not ours.
OK, I never said he was for us and I'm also aware of his age hence I said I felt he'd deserved a crack for a long time. But thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

junglej13

Bristol City also in for Cameron Brannagan, a player I've felt for a long time deserves a crack at the Championship.

Saw them linked with Max Bird as well. Generally I think they have been in quite a good market since Jan. Similar to ourselves in many ways. Got money in the bank from Semenyo being sold in Jan and then Alex Scott.

TomRad85

More thinking maybe it's not Bristol in for Styles. Watford could be a shout.

TomRad85

Saw them linked with Max Bird as well. Generally I think they have been in quite a good market since Jan. Similar to ourselves in many ways. Got money in the bank from Semenyo being sold in Jan and then Alex Scott.
Nabbing the best players from the league below is never an awful tactic but you need a bit more overall to put together a promotion team, hence us casting our net far and wide.

David O'Day

Anyone signing for them though has to look at Nigel Pearson's head on a daily basis though.

stupot07

It was first half down the left side. Looked like Eccles or da silva he was going in on.
Pretty sure it was Palmer. It looked like it from block 22, Palmer and Adi were then gesticulating to each seconds later.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hobo

So is this move off now then?
Nobody knows? I actually like the way our club don't discuss transfers or players until they are over the line. I think it is very professional. I know fans love gossip but they are pretty good at making it up for themselves 😂

Users who are viewing this thread