Can we do a Forest (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

I keep hearing this about players, our top players being sold in January but who is going to sell them, Joy can’t Fisher and Boddy might not be here or looking over their shoulders at a soon to be new owner.

shmmeee

He looks slower than he used to no ? Or is it because I'm used to watching vik .

He does. He’s bulked up a bit I think though.

Just thinking if we sell Vik and Godden is still out, it’s gonna be him up top on his own.

skyblu3sk

Had our fair share of injuries and suspensions and coped really well tbf.

Have a couple of areas for improvement.

Goalkeeper and Wing backs, and another back up centre back. Otherwise will be squar pegs in rounds holes like eccles at Wing back.

The big positives have been breakthrough of Eccles and Burroughs.
100% on board with that I just think towards the end of a long season we may start to struggle especially if the break through players tire not being used to playing so much. I think top half is obtainable so not feeling too pessimistic.
Could probably do with another CB maybe a LB. Midfield seems OK. I'd like us to make a call on Walker if we are going to give him a run of games to get confidence or move him on.

I do think player sales have the potential to damage morale which will probably impact us more than injury.

Gynnsthetonic

I keep hearing this about players, our top players being sold in January but who is going to sell them, Joy can’t Fisher and Boddy might not be here or looking over their shoulders at a soon to be new owner.
Boddy 😆
Will he have to hand his Vauxhall Astra company car in

Londonccfcfan

Fact of the matter is IF we dont sell our best players and IF new owner/sisu comes in and invests just a little (not talking £5M). Even a couple of million.

Then we arnt too far away from playing in the biggest prize money match in football with £100M on it.

We have got this far with minimal investment.

Big IFs i know.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Just thinking if we sell Vik and Godden is still out, it’s gonna be him up top on his own.

I'd imagine the club will probably bring in at the very least a loan as there's his wages to be utilised.

Still, Gyokeres' goals alone this season have contributed to 15 points being won, and that's if you exclude the Wigan game. Him leaving will leave a massive hole in the side and our form will likely nosedive.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Based on the assumption that a white knight isn't coming in, players are likely going to be sold.

Without the income earned from their transfers, the club would likely be forced into administration.

ccfc1234

100% on board with that I just think towards the end of a long season we may start to struggle especially if the break through players tire not being used to playing so much. I think top half is obtainable so not feeling too pessimistic.
Could probably do with another CB maybe a LB. Midfield seems OK. I'd like us to make a call on Walker if we are going to give him a run of games to get confidence or move him on.

I do think player sales have the potential to damage morale which will probably impact us more than injury.
I think just top half is a tad pessimistic looking at the team and the weakness of the league as a whole.

Walker is what he is a sub option if we want to play two up top. 2 of Palmer, Allen and COH will be the option behind Vik who plays the loan role superbly.
I would see it as a mistake to change the formation just to find out if Walker needs to be sold. MR sees him in training and I suspect has made his mind up and is working with what he has.

slowpoke

I'd imagine the club will probably bring in at the very least a loan as there's his wages to be utilised.

Still, Gyokeres' goals alone this season have contributed to 15 points being won, and that's if you exclude the Wigan game. Him leaving will leave a massive hole in the side and our form will likely nosedive.
Correct and very difficult and expensive to replace we would probably have to alter how we play not good mid season & Vik has said himself recently he is happy.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Correct and very difficult and expensive to replace we would probably have to alter how we play not good mid season & Vik has said himself recently he is happy.

Him being happy is somewhat irrelevant. If a sizeable bid comes in which the club deems fair he will practically be forced out the door.

slowpoke

Based on the assumption that a white knight isn't coming in, players are likely going to be sold.

Without the income earned from their transfers, the club would likely be forced into administration.
I keep reading that but we have 14 more home league games, round figures but at £20 a head walk-up money + away fans is over £2million plus any FA Cup ties.

AOM

I think Walker's played alright in his recent cameos. Obviously no Gyokeres but holds the ball up well and wins quite a few flick ons.

The abuse he gets is ridiculous

Londonccfcfan

I keep reading that but we have 14 more home league games, round figures but at £20 a head walk-up money + away fans is over £2million plus any FA Cup ties.
By this time last year im sure we were also main event on sky at least once a month. Had one main event live sky game this year and that was Sunderland. So down a few 100k there too.

Robinshio

who gains by an administration ?? will not happen, but yes you can be sure that sales would be made (or hopefully just 1 at most)

By this time last year im sure we were also main event on sky at least once a month. Had one main event live sky game this year and that was Sunderland. So down a few 100k there too.
I would expect that to change with a couple more wins

KenilworthSkyBlue

Given the club's wage bill alone will be close to or is currently at 100% of its turnover and with other overheads on top of that still to pay, I'd imagine it needs somewhere in between £4m-£5m to remain solvent this season.

That also doesn't include the £2m+ EFL loan that is due for repayment the summer after next.

There's a reason why they consistently claim they can't afford to operate in this division.

KenilworthSkyBlue

who gains by an administration ?? will not happen, but yes you can be sure that sales would be made (or hopefully just 1 at most)

I would expect that to change with a couple more wins

Exactly, no one does - which is why sales are more or less a certainty in January. SISU cannot afford, or just plain refuse, to bridge the gap. Therefore if income isn't sourced from somewhere (player sales) that's what will happen.

skyblu3sk

I think just top half is a tad pessimistic looking at the team and the weakness of the league as a whole.

Walker is what he is a sub option if we want to play two up top. 2 of Palmer, Allen and COH will be the option behind Vik who plays the loan role superbly.
I would see it as a mistake to change the formation just to find out if Walker needs to be sold. MR sees him in training and I suspect has made his mind up and is working with what he has.
If that's the case with Walker I think it's best to move him on. We aren't going to see the best of him as a sub. I'd rather a hungry youngster looking to prove himself, happy about getting any game time. I think the current formation is the right one too especially with Allen being able to step up and cover. We have sometimes gone two up top when chasing games which we need an effective impact player for.

Saddlebrains

No

The depth isn't good enough

Any suspensions for Hamer, injuries to Gyok, Cal, Sheaf, Fadz etc and the replacements that come in are nowhere near good enough

Id counter that though with saying our strongest 11 is good enough for autos on its day

Such a shame Robins isn't backed

wingy

True probably a result of our start,can see that changing though.

Londonccfcfan

No

The depth isn't good enough

Any suspensions for Hamer, injuries to Gyok, Cal, Sheaf, Fadz etc and the replacements that come in are nowhere near good enough

Id counter that though with saying our strongest 11 is good enough for autos on its day

Such a shame Robins isn't backed

Huh? So no we cant. But we can make top 2 if we keep our best X1 on the pitch. Makes no sense.

Question was can we do a Forest. Bottom to play offs.

TomS91

The standard of the division is really poor again this year. When you look at the teams that have come down only Burnley are standing out and playing consistently good football. 5 other teams need to get into the top 6 and likely there will be a couple in there who will be unfancied. No reason it shouldn't be us.

Esoterica

Think we have to hit the ground running again after the break, deal with the Reading game with no Fadz and then hope for the best in the January window. Also started feeling a bit like the L1 winning season to me too before the break. We'd gone from scraping wins to looking very confident and winning games by 2 clear goals. The positives and negatives of the break have been discussed on other threads but it felt like we had some unstoppable momentum building.

Users who are viewing this thread