CBS issues (3 Viewers)

MalcSB

I could be wrong but I'd imagine they're rented as I'm sure they cost 10s of thousands to purchase outright. Then there's the cost of operation and energy use on top of that which can't be cheap in the current climate.

If that's the case then the onus will be on the club to sort/arrange and bear the cost.
Wasps said they were going to double the number of heat lamps.

MalcSB

This is an extract from the legal charge against the arena that is used as security for the bondholders. Seems to me that Wasps have failed to comply in several respect In terms of upkeep and the requirements they have as landlords for our lease.

Attachments

• 276A614C-B3D9-4C54-B78F-22C5F55577FE.png
    276A614C-B3D9-4C54-B78F-22C5F55577FE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

covboy1987

This is an extract from the legal charge against the arena that is used as security for the bondholders. Seems to me that Wasps have failed to comply in several respect In terms of upkeep and the requirements they have as landlords for our lease.
Sitting on the fence not keen on Wasps and why we have actually had to give up a ground built for Cov city in the first place - However have seen the comments from Boddy and Vaughan if correctly reported - Wasps signed an agreement to host the rugby before Cov City came back - Playing 65 games on the pitch + 2 concerts - what pitch in the world could with stand that and then play top class football -Ideal and sensible situation the pitch needed relaying completely and Cov city needed to play away for the first few games end of story - All I fear for is writs and court summons flying about a big fall out coming -worse case scenario Robins and his team up and leaving -when all it really took was to sit down properly including EFL and come up with a sensible solution - Cov city rightly do require the pitch to be in prime condition but sometime circumstances just need talking through sensibly

Nick

Administrator
Sitting on the fence not keen on Wasps and why we have actually had to give up a ground built for Cov city in the first place - However have seen the comments from Boddy and Vaughan if correctly reported - Wasps signed an agreement to host the rugby before Cov City came back - Playing 65 games on the pitch + 2 concerts - what pitch in the world could with stand that and then play top class football -Ideal and sensible situation the pitch needed relaying completely and Cov city needed to play away for the first few games end of story - All I fear for is writs and court summons flying about a big fall out coming -worse case scenario Robins and his team up and leaving -when all it really took was to sit down properly including EFL and come up with a sensible solution - Cov city rightly do require the pitch to be in prime condition but sometime circumstances just need talking through sensibly

OK so when was the pitch relaid while we played in Burton?

steve cooper

But that wouldn't have worked. Under your scenario the re-laying work would have started immediately after the CWG ended and we would have played a few of our games away. Except WASPS have no intention of relaying the pitch

Ashdown

Irrespective of what Wasps have said in the past it is evident that they haven’t got the funds to replace the entire pitch . Is that really necessary anyway ?, a good quality repair job will get us up and running again. It’s not ideal at all but better than falling out with the landlords again and having to look for somewhere else to play. If Wasps do fold then of course CCC will offer the stadium for the Sky Blues to play in……..

MalcSB

it was in March 2021 that Vaughan said they would be relaying the pitch. At that point they knew about the concerts, the CWG and the football season. Apparently in May 2022 they said they wouldn’t be relaying the pitch - the same month they told bondholders they couldn’t pay them back. This is very clearly a Wasps cock up and they have been trying to hide And deflect from their financial desperate straits and lack of foresight.

chiefdave

Are we looking good for Tuesday do you know?
They've put a post on social media about tickets so fingers crossed. Would be interested to know what they've done, and plan to do, to get it in at least a playable condition. Assume they could soak it and then get a heavy roller on to flatten in but not sure you'd have much grass left after that.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Live shots of Grendel reacting to this:

giphy.gif

KenilworthSkyBlue

They've put a post on social media about tickets so fingers crossed. Would be interested to know what they've done, and plan to do, to get it in at least a playable condition. Assume they could soak it and then get a heavy roller on to flatten in but not sure you'd have much grass left after that.

I think as well it depends on how big the divots are as in some areas of the pitch they looked huge. Rolling won't really get them out, they'll need replacing/filling in.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wigan yet to receive an allocation of tickets…

chiefdave

Interesting read…

Its hard to know what is true and what isn't but that sounds entirely feasible, in fact the stuff about the pitch very much lines up with the historical tweets from the ground staff and how we saw the pitch perform in the CWG.

Wonder if the grant ties into this. CBS was the only existing venue to receive funding to host the CWG which has always struck me as a bit odd. Maybe there was a we can't host we haven't got the cash type discussion but that is pure speculation on my part.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Makes me wonder if it will be playable when Wigan aren't selling tickets for Tuesday's game yet.

Maybe. But the tickets weren't ever likely to be sent prior to the agronomist making his assessment. You'd think an announcement will be made today as according to SBB he's already been.

Ccfcsj

I've heard the game is likely to be on, also heard that the team may even have a light training session on it this weekend given they've not been there since April.
I really hope you're right. Sunday was a massive disappointment after looking forward to the first home game of the season

Users who are viewing this thread