Champions league final - YouTube ? (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Well Liverpool like the big bad wolf…huffed and puffed but couldn’t ruffle Madrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Not sure how you can say they've been shocking? They have defended excellently against one of the foremost attacking teams in the world and then put away their chance when it came.

I think liverpools final 3rd play was slow , predictable and easy to defend against .. you can give courtois the real credit ofcourse with 2 or 3 top saves.. Madrid were shite

Liquid Gold

Not sure how you can say they've been shocking? They have defended excellently against one of the foremost attacking teams in the world and then put away their chance when it came.
Yep. They knew their limitations and strengths and completely nullified Liverpool’s strengths.

Klopp completely out managed by Ancelotti.

CCFC54321

Alexander Arnold has been absolutely shite
Over rated and and despite what klopp says he is is not the best full back in the world. Southgates right in that he can’t trust him to do his core role as a full back and that’s to defend. Great going forward… average as a defender.

clint van damme

I think liverpools final 3rd play was slow , predictable and easy to defend against .. you can give courtois the real credit ofcourse with 2 or 3 top saves.. Madrid were shite

it's becoming a feature of the modern game, and not a welcome one.

Liquid Gold

Over rated and and despite what klopp says he is is not the best full back in the world. Southgates right in that he can’t trust him to do his core role as a full back and that’s to defend. Great going forward… average as a defender.
Is he that great going forward?

He was pretty shite all round tonight but as soon as he knew he’d fucked it for Madrid’s goal his body language was shocking and did nothing to threaten Madrid.

Evo1883

Is he that great going forward?

He was pretty shite all round tonight but as soon as he knew he’d fucked it for Madrid’s goal his body language was shocking and did nothing to threaten Madrid.

He gets an awful lot of assists , was poor tonight though , his final ball was just not there

Paul Anthony

Only in Merseyside is Trent Alexander rated.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw him have a good game. He has no awareness defensively, his passing has been sloppy and his crosses are always either overhit or he hits the first man.

Liquid Gold

He gets an awful lot of assists , was poor tonight though , his final ball was just not there
But as you’ve noted before defenders these days are shocking. His assists aren’t all that impressive when he has the strikers he has running beyond Norwich’s centre backs.

Evo1883

But as you’ve noted before defenders these days are shocking. His assists aren’t all that impressive when he has the strikers he has running beyond Norwich’s centre backs.

he's basically what we used to call a winger 🤣

CCFC54321

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw him have a good game. He has no awareness defensively, his passing has been sloppy and his crosses are always either overhit or he hits the first man.
Southgate tried to give him a chance last year in midfield for England against a third rate nation to give him an opportunity to see if he play else where than a right back as he isn’t good enough. He fluffed his lines and won’t get a look in now. Tonight showed why he can’t be part of England’s starting 11.

fernandopartridge

I think that was as much down to the way Madrid set up, they were pretty deep so Liverpool couldn't get the space in behind

Greggs

Bet all those 'scousers' will want to be English again now with the World Cup around the corner.

Evo1883

I think that was as much down to the way Madrid set up, they were pretty deep so Liverpool couldn't get the space in behind

Not sure I agree , I genuinely do not rate this madrid team too highly ... poor deliveries , terrible wayward shooting , and a couple of great saves see them winners , not forgetting a mad few minutes in Manchester where they were also outplayed largely .. the football gods have certainly been on their side ... like Greece in 2004 😆 thats football

Evo1883

You've been banging the Liverpool drum all evening. Give Madrid just a bit of credit.

I ofcourse want the english team to win .. as I wanted man city to beat them , as I wanted Chelsea.. odd I know .

I already gave credit to the player that won them the tie , courtois

The CableGuy

I think it was the BBC Sport Football podcast that asked if Liverpool 'just' winning the League and FA Cups would be considered a failure. I'd say yeah to that. Real and Man City have killed The Quad. 2 cups ain't bad but you can't tell me they wouldn't have swapped one of them for the Premier League Title or Champions League.

Next season will be interesting. City with Haaland and Liverpool perhaps losing Mané to Bayern Munich.

Users who are viewing this thread