Champions league final - YouTube ? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Not sure I agree , I genuinely do not rate this madrid team too highly ... poor deliveries , terrible wayward shooting , and a couple of great saves see them winners , not forgetting a mad few minutes in Manchester where they were also outplayed largely .. the football gods have certainly been on their side ... like Greece in 2004 thats football
Oh come on mate, they've got some genuinely world class players including the keeper. They're not Greece. I take your point that they're not the galacticos any more but they're playing in a way that suits the capability of their players.
The goal was superb, some great play from Modric to start the move off and great passing to create a tap in, Liverpool didn't move the ball as well as that all night

Evo1883

Oh come on mate, they've got some genuinely world class players including the keeper. They're not Greece. I take your point that they're not the galacticos any more but they're playing in a way that suits the capability of their players.
The goal was superb, some great play from Modric to start the move off and great passing to create a tap in, Liverpool didn't move the ball as well as that all night

Their goal was very good I agree , albeit awful from trent .

Its the worst Madrid side I've watched in many years

Liquid Gold

Their goal was very good I agree , albeit awful from trent .

Its the worst Madrid side I've watched in many years
And yet one of the few to have done the league and CL double.

They just play to their strengths and win. They may not be attractive to modern standards but they get the job done.

Evo1883

And yet one of the few to have done the league and CL double.

They just play to their strengths and win. They may not be attractive to modern standards but they get the job done.

A good few have won their league and won the CL , Real Madrid have only done it twice , which is rare .. I can remember Porto, man utd , bayern , inter Milan and Barcelona in the last 20 years doing that without even looking into it properly

CCFC54321

Bet all those 'scousers' will want to be English again now with the World Cup around the corner.
I think it’s lovely that 97% of those Liverpool ‘fans’ in Paris got to watch there first Liverpool game in three seasons.

Hope they have a trouble free return back to Norfolk, Cornwall and wales. ✊

Liquid Gold

A good few have won their league and won the CL , Real Madrid have only done it twice , which is rare .. I can remember Porto, man utd , bayern , inter Milan and Barcelona in the last 20 years doing that without even looking into it properly
I mean one of the few Real teams to do it.

They’ve won 14 champions leagues but rarely La Liga in the same season. All the teams they’ve beat in the knockout stages would have been considered worthy winners. I think they deserve credit.

clint van damme

They’ve won 14 champions leagues but rarely La Liga in the same season. All the teams they’ve beat in the knockout stages would have been considered worthy winners. I think they deserve credit.

I can't remember the name of the manager, but it may have been Del Bosque, but I remember one saying he didn't have the squad to win the league and Champions league, he won the Champions league, came second in the league and they sacked him!

Evo1883

OK, credit to real madrid 👏 here's hoping an English team wins it next year

oscillatewildly

Alexander Arnold has been absolutely shite
It was predicted - Hence no (long standing) automatic inclusion to the national squad.
By an admittedly (nationallly) accepted very,very staid utterly predictable old dog defender now the current custodian of the well worn and well passed down safety jacket known as the FA approved rain coat.
And by fuck does he wear it well!

oscillatewildly

Real beat PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. Deserved. You don't beat all those clubs by being 'lucky'.

Liverpool denied us European Football after we won the Cup in 87 due to the ban on English clubs at that time. So, no sympathy for Liverpool from me. :ROFLMAO:
It's long standing and entirely understanding.
Can't disagree.

skybluesam66

Madrid had the best 3 chances of the game
The goal -
The offside one - very tight , last 2 touches off liverpool players
The breakaway where the guy only had to square it

Liverpool had lots of play, but could have ended 2 or 3 nil

CCFCSteve

Madrid had the best 3 chances of the game
The goal -
The offside one - very tight , last 2 touches off liverpool players
The breakaway where the guy only had to square it

Liverpool had lots of play, but could have ended 2 or 3 nil

Agreed, they dominated the ball but Liverpools play in the final third/final ball was disappointing last night…. reminded me of a fair few games I’ve seen in recent months !!!!

Season looked like it caught it with them a bit. They just didn’t have that spark

Ps I’m no big lover of Liverpool fans but the conduct of the French police last night was a disgrace from what I’ve seen and heard. UEFA/police need to have a good look at themselves, absolute shambles !

oscillatewildly

Please explain as I saw one team block up the game and the other unable to score it was football from Steau Bucharest in the 80’s.
You can't have failed to have witnessed a defensive masterclass from one team forced to do so because the other forced it upon them?
I would have taken your point had they both cancelled each other out in a dire midfield battle but the game was nothing of the sort.
It lacked goals sure but there was enough to keep me glued to the TV.
Mind you that's 3 finals Liverpool have been in this season and failed to score in regulation (+) time, not for the want of trying.

TomRad85

Ancelotti proving he's the best manager on the planet. This Real team was way off at the start of the season, its still average in comparison to some Real teams of the recent past, but he just gets it right every time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

The first 30 mins reminded me of a few games played by a certain sky blue team - multiple shots straight at the goal keeper - who became man of the match

the only refreshing part was that the ball was in play a lot more not stuck with multiple throw ins down one side

pundits from the teams involved should be banned - Hoddle the only one with a brain - this is entertaining as in Sky when we play and win they don’t know what to say 🤣

stay_up_skyblues

The first 30 mins reminded me of a few games played by a certain sky blue team - multiple shots straight at the goal keeper - who became man of the match

the only refreshing part was that the ball was in play a lot more not stuck with multiple throw ins down one side

pundits from the teams involved should be banned - Hoddle the only one with a brain - this is entertaining as in Sky when we play and win they don’t know what to say 🤣

Is it me or was it really weird having a current premier league manager on there actively supporting and cheering on another rival team? I know he’s a Liverpool legend and all that it but didn’t quite sit right.

Users who are viewing this thread